Scott Parker

Is anyone sorry he's gone? Originally, I thought wait until after the Wolves game but even if Parker had got us through that, it wouldn't have solved the problem. When I saw the news this morning, I felt so relieved. Steve Cook's 'like' is telling. Cookie is a really decent chap. For him to do that, he must really not like Parker, maybe because of the negative comments to the media, but probably other stuff we haven't heard about as well.

I am pleased for the club and players
Scott was given the resources but did not have the skills to make them work
If you remember EH most of the players who came through the divisions with him were given real belief in themselves and his vision for the future
That is called MOTIVATION
and sadly that has been lacking for quite some time
Let us now move on

UTCIAD

Sacking the manager after only 4 games doesn't sit well with me - especially when 3 of those games were against Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool.
Having said that, I heard Parker's interview after the game on the car radio and it wasn't exactly awe inspiring.
Well, I doubt Parker will be out of a job very long. 2 promotions to the Premier League looks very good on any CV.

Think people will have expected 3 tough games. Comments afterwards are the issue imho

I’m shocked by the timing and that it’s come after the score-line against Liverpool and before the end of the transfer window.
But when you look back at how the Cherries got to this position I’m not wholly surprised to be honest. I’ve been slightly aware of a disconnect behind the scenes between Scott Parker and the owner and how much they were willing to invest in the club.
I’m not sure Parker helped himself with some of his comments and keeping highlighting the teams shortcomings. The initial reaction from people outside of Bournemouth will be that it’s the 9-0 loss to Liverpool which has got him sacked.
But it goes deeper than that, the board are pretty happy with three points from their first four very tough games in the Premier League, it’s more the fact that Parker has been publicly critical of the players and the board as well.
The last few weeks he’s effectively been telling his players they aren’t good enough and the board doesn’t like that.

Kris Temple on the BBC website.

Max needs to cash out. At the very least he needs to change senior leadership at this club. This management group is now toxic. As Denim is now the public face of the club, although only showing up when he cans managers, it’s time to start looking at his post Eddie ownership. He just nuked our chances of doing anything in this transfer window. He hides in a basement and only pops out to change coaches.

"He hides in a basement and only pops out to change coaches and loan the club huge sums of money."

Fixed that for you.

Be careful what you wish for. AFCB isn't some hugely attractive sleeping giant of a club that will bring in a slew of mega rich investors who want to spend large sums funding us.

A mildly rich owner who claims they will do that, all the while draining the club of as much as they can until the parachute payments run out and the club is left hugely in debt and with no way forward as the owner leaves us and toddles off to their yacht nicely enriched? Sure. Plenty of those about.

For me, Max does keep too low a profile. However, I'd prefer that and a willingness to actually fund us to an always in the press but no real financial backing type.

Just to complete the set Adam Blackmore also from the BBC website.

While most people will casually see this as a club reacting to an abysmal 9-0 defeat, the reality is this decision has come about as a reaction to the comments made by Scott Parker after that game, referring to a lack of depth in the squad and how "under-cooked" they were. And it wasn't the first time Parker had criticised the recruitment and spending - he did it before the opening game against Aston Villa.
Owner Max Demin's rare and strong statement makes it clear that enough was enough, that ultimately you can't keep criticising the people that pay you, and pushing the blame of results on to them, when Parker maybe knew the parameters he was working within. Now Bournemouth need to act quickly and find a good manager who does accept the challenge of trying to work sustainably while fighting to avoid the drop.
Article Reactions

From BBC sports page on Scott Parker’s departure from AFCB.

'Enough was enough'

e34bac37-7d84-42b1-badd-d8e0496bc425.jpg

Adam Blackmore
BBC Radio Solent sports editor

While most people will casually see this as a club reacting to an abysmal 9-0 defeat, the reality is this decision has come about as a reaction to the comments made by Scott Parker after that game, referring to a lack of depth in the squad and how "under-cooked" they were. And it wasn't the first time Parker had criticised the recruitment and spending - he did it before the opening game against Aston Villa.

Owner Max Demin's rare and strong statement makes it clear that enough was enough, that ultimately you can't keep criticising the people that pay you, and pushing the blame of results on to them, when Parker maybe knew the parameters he was working within. Now Bournemouth need to act quickly and find a good manager who does accept the challenge of trying to work sustainably while fighting to avoid the drop.

Eddie Howe

Howe on Scott Parker's Bournemouth exit: "I just found out on the way here. I was naturally surprised and disappointed for Scott. He did a great job leading them up. Given I don't know what is happening at other clubs, I wouldn't pass comments beyond my support for Scott."

Mark Mcadam spoke so much sense. Says we will be very busy between now and Thursday
Yes. I watched him.
when he went through the squad he talked a lot of sense.
interesting if we do bring a couple of players in. The way he spoke it didn’t seem to affect who the recruitment team want. He spoke highly of them.
He obviously doesn’t know as much as Neil and Waz.

We need one centre back at least

Watch Mcadam’s bit here, he’s in the know and doesn’t seem to have any issues with the board, infact says quite the opposite.

Doesn’t suggest this will halt any transfer activity too, also makes reference to clubs like Man Utd struggling to recruit over the summer, also states that Senesi, Tavernier and Neto were coups for us.

Perhaps you can start listening to people close to the club ref the board

Well right now it's another Shaun (Sean) who's the bookies favourite be careful what you wish for!
That's just the money placed as bets with the bookmakers, that sets the favourites.
If you place a £250k bet on Steve Fletcher being made manager, then Supa will become the favourite.
The bookies had Gerrard as favourite to be first sacking, because he had the most money wagered upon him filling that role.

Bookies do not have crystal balls; they have an over-round book.

Last edited:
I was really excited when we appointed Parker, but even last season our play was dull at times and not as good as it should have been. He didn't always thank the away fans. Signs that his attitude wasn't right. This season the things he's said have been unbelievable. There was no way he was going to bring the best out of our players. I'd imagine they are generally very relieved that he's gone.

Parker clapped fans before and after liverpool game so think he changed over the season. (Mind you, he even clapped the fans after that Norwich defeat last season).

OK, so I like(d) Scott Parker... I was a huge advocate of him after Eddie left and I was excited for his arrival as I felt that he could be the next Eddie and a great fit for this club... I liked what Parker said at the outset in that he was buying in to the 'project' that the club set out in front of him and that he was excited to get things going...

I stood by Parker and defending him on here (for the most) as when some were screaming from the rooftops about how bad we were, I didn't feel comments were justified... I didn't think we were anywhere near as boring as some made out and the fact he got us promoted, for me, meant he had some 'in the bank'...

I did and still do believe that the current squad has more than enough to compete with the likes of Everton, Wolves, Villa etc. and have it in us to stay up... However, things have turned over the last few weeks... I really didn't like the arms length approach that Parker adopted in the media... Throwing every person under the bus except himself... He took on the 'project' and surely the project was clearly laid out to him that we are not an open cheque book... To indicate that overloading the squad in January was purely to get us up and that these players are now surplus to requirements is beggars belief... Did parker just expect a Fulham 2.0 with circa £100m to spend...??? If he did he's obviously never, ever, understood this club.

I commented to several people this weekend that I thought Parker was angling to get sacked... He wanted out and was in self-preservation mode... That has seemed to be correct, in which case, he is clearly not the right person for this club... I feel for Parker a little bit, but I fail to believe he didn't know what the deal was here, and the to come out in public crying about it... ?!?!

Am I gutted Parker is gone...? On reflection, no. He's never really created any sort of relationship with the fans and his approach to the last 3 games, setting us up for damage limitation and showing zero belief that we could actually do anything, with a far better side than Eddie had, has been worrying... I think Parker's true colours have surfaced and despite the wider footballing World AFCB bashing right now, those that really understand us, and football are seeing what Parker has done and support this decision...

Going forwards... Get Phillips in as it's the corner we find ourselves in, Get Tommy and Coops to reinstall some belief in this side and those upstairs sort out who we are first, and then appoint to fit that vision...

;