Scott Parker

Wtf. Arent they one of the clubs Foley is looking at buying for the mutliclub model??
Apparently the deal with the Belgian club that they were in talks with has cooled off. Currently the involvement with the French club is close to being finalised. So whoever it was, it sounds as though that deal with the previous Belgian club is very unlikely and we’ll be looking for another one.

It sounded as if the club in question was asking for too much money for too small a stake.

Obviously having to rebuild his career outside the UK as no club over here will touch him.
If he fails over there,can see him fading into obscurity.

It wasn't all bad with Scotty P.
Lets remember the good stuff.
Dead right. Tbf I thought SP was a bit odd, but he got us promoted with a squad that would clearly need upgrading for the EPL, as this wasn’t forthcoming, he resorted to his public “outbursts” resulting in his sacking. He could see what was coming, along with most of us fans.
What followed was typical of our “Administrators”, back to the Pound Shop in a futile attempt to compete in a “Harrods“ league.
GON‘s tactics and teams selection are the closest I’ve seen to what Paul Groves put us through, The master of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Dead right. Tbf I thought SP was a bit odd, but he got us promoted with a squad that would clearly need upgrading for the EPL, as this wasn’t forthcoming, he resorted to his public “outbursts” resulting in his sacking. He could see what was coming, along with most of us fans.
What followed was typical of our “Administrators”, back to the Pound Shop in a futile attempt to compete in a “Harrods“ league.
GON‘s tactics and teams selection are the closest I’ve seen to what Paul Groves put us through, The master of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yes and Groves too was also a decent coach, just perhaps not main man material.

Groves seemed to overcomplicate things, too many instructions, intricate plans. Howe cane back and it was clear what the plan was right away.

Perhaps that's what's happening with no Neil, trying to be too clever with most the team looking confused, no cohesion, obvious style or flow.

Of course some plan/instructions are needed, but I think some go too far and when results not going their way, go further fown that rabbit hole, making further tweaks, whereas taking a few steps back, and simplifying things woukd perhaps workout better.

It'll be interesting to see if he comes in for any of our players. Managers often like a sign a familiar face or two. Despite him saying they weren't good enough, he could say he meant the others.

It'll be interesting to see if he comes in for any of our players. Managers often like a sign a familiar face or two. Despite him saying they weren't good enough, he could say he meant the others.

Yes possibly, although realistically, it won't be anyone decent. Don;t think the Belgian league holds anywhere near enough appeal people for PL players, or even most decent Championship players either.

Its a micky mouse league in the scheme of things. Yes they're in the CL, but so are Celtic frequently, and you don;t see PL players in their peak move to Scotland. I could be wrong, but it seems to be populated with youn Belgian players (best ones quickly move on though) and players from 2nd/3rrd world countries hoping to prove themselves and get a move to decent league. Or average players who couldn't make it in France.

This is probably a sign of Parkers stature/rep tbh (possibly harmed by the way he conducted himself this season), and perhaps realization he won't get the kind of job he probably yearns for in England. Ambitious Championship club at best, and maybe doesn;t fancy the challenge again for now?

Last edited:
Parker is the one I’m leaning towards most atm. Not a lot of experience either, but young and plays a good style of football from what I’ve seen. Is not affiliated with the club so would hopefully be going in that much touted “new direction”. Personally I think he’s done well at Fulham, the teams above them are all better squads imo, and he nearly got automatics. Think he’s done an admirable job. He also seems generally intelligent and a “decent person” from what I’ve heard. Et tu, Terry?

The ideal candidate for me would:
- Favour a style of play that is attacking and on the front foot.
- Have some Championship or even top flight experience.
- (Subjective) Be younger and have the potential to develop alongside the squad; be a long term successor rather than a stop-gap solution.
- Be a generally “good person” that will buy into the community and the family ideals of the club.

I think this is a sensible criteria to use; for me Parker is the one that ticks the most boxes. But then again there might be some bigger, better names out there that we haven’t heard from yet.

However, I think Demin wants to sell the club, and to do that he needs to get the club promoted as quickly as possible. His criteria might be as simple as “who’s going to get us up?” He seems willing to spend to do this, and of the list, Hughton might be the best pick for this. We just don’t know.

Interesting reading this back lol. I was right about the sale of the club, and Parker turned out to tick less of the boxes than I was hoping for.

As someone who was a backer of Parker right up until his sh1t fits though, I just think it’s a shame. I thought we’d stay up under him, and if he’d just gotten on with his job like an adult, then he’d have all the money he could want to play around with. It wouldn’t have been exciting, but we at least had AN identity. And he was a stabilising presence, he had transfer pull. We did have a gameplan, what the hell is our tactical identity right now?

Of course, we could’ve just made an external, experienced appointment after he left too.

Yes possibly, although realistically, it won't be anyone decent. Don;t think the Belgian league holds anywhere near enough appeal people for PL players, or even most decent Championship players either.

Its a micky mouse league in the scheme of things. Yes they're in the CL, but so are Celtic frequently, and you don;t see PL players in their peak move to Scotland. I could be wrong, but it seems to be populated with youn Belgian players (best ones quickly move on though) and players from 2nd/3rrd world countries hoping to prove themselves and get a move to decent league. Or average players who couldn't make it in France.

This is probably a sign of Parkers stature/rep tbh (possibly harmed by the way he conducted himself this season), and perhaps realization he won't get the kind of job he probably yearns for in England. Ambitious Championship club at best, and maybe doesn;t fancy the challenge again for now?

look how Vincent company quickly left it to join champ side Burnley

Parker got us up . he is Not taking us down...not even given the chance. .because of a few words to some Press w@nker when he was pissed off....
Not sure what we expected him to do after the mullering we got at Anfield...tap - dance a jig and take the Muppets for a pineapple milk shake on Penny Lane....
FFS the bloke sent them out to do a Job.....they didn't even clock -in.
These same players are liable to be on the end of a double figure tonking sometime in January / February - the way they are approaching things . They just don't seem to want to be in the Red and Black stripes.
Mr Foley must be wondering wtf he has bought !

Parker got us up . he is Not taking us down...not even given the chance. .because of a few words to some Press w@nker when he was pissed off....
Not sure what we expected him to do after the mullering we got at Anfield...tap - dance a jig and take the Muppets for a pineapple milk shake on Penny Lane....
FFS the bloke sent them out to do a Job.....they didn't even clock -in.
These same players are liable to be on the end of a double figure tonking sometime in January / February - the way they are approaching things . They just don't seem to want to be in the Red and Black stripes.
Mr Foley must be wondering wtf he has bought !
I think Bill probably has a longer term plan than those in meltdown give him credit for.

I think Bill probably has a longer term plan than those in meltdown give him credit for.
Oh no doubt, and thankfully so! We don't want Bill micro managing the team selection and tactics or picking players to sign.

What's concerning though is how denting a relegation would be to his plans. Bill's fresh impetuous is a golden oppertunity and I don't want to see that ebb away like so many AFCB false dawns or near misses over the decades.

;