Sheff Utd starting lineup?

I like the look of the solidity in the middle, just get a feeling that it will end up looking more like this, which will be exciting if nothing else

----------------Boruc
--------------Ake---Cook
---------Billing---------Lerma
Stacey--------------------------Smith
------Wilson----King----Fraser
----------------Wilson

The classic 2-7-1 formation. A man of taste I see.

This things can vary sometimes. I once had a very confused conversation with an Italian friend as he was trying to tell me a player would be best in a certain position using the number he would wear in Italy but it made no sense to me at all! Took a few confused minutes of disagreement about his suitability before we unravelled it.

What we'll probably see:
..........................Boruc
Smithy..........Cookie....Ake.......ABR
Ibe..........Surman......Lerma.....Fraser
..............................King
..............................Wilson

What i'd like to see:...................Ramsdale
........................................Stacey.......Cookie....Ake........Smithy
........................................Ibe...........Billing........Lerma........Fraser
.....................................................................King
....................................................................Wilson

It would be massively deflating to see Ibe, Surman and Daniels on the team sheet. If we want to progress these guys need to be back up options now.

What I’d love to see
Ramsdale
Smith cook Ake Rico
Danjuma/Kilkenny Billing Lerma Fraser
King/Solanke
Wilson
With H Wilson and one of either King/Solanke and Danjuma/Kilkenny to come in later in the game.

What I’d love to see
Ramsdale
Smith cook Ake Rico
Danjuma/Kilkenny Billing Lerma Fraser
King/Solanke
Wilson
With H Wilson and one of either King/Solanke and Danjuma/Kilkenny to come in later in the game.
Im sure VAR wont notice that we will have 12 on the pitch.....

I could see Kilkenny going on loan to the Championship, if not this window then in January ie following a similar path to Fraser.

Having seen Billing on Saturday I wouldn't describe him as a defensive midfielder. He was box to box. Creative. Able to switch play and hit a long pass. His ability to nick the ball and break up play was obvious. He also took ownership of the midfield, organising the team. We have rarely had that from any player.

But defensive? No.

It would be massively deflating to see Ibe, Surman and Daniels on the team sheet. If we want to progress these guys need to be back up options now.

Would still rather see Daniels over Rico. Billing hasn't had a full pre season and lacks match fitness so I imagine Surman will get the nod. Ibe played well against Lazio so again I think Eddie will reward him with a start rather than throwing Kilkenny/Danjuma/Wilson straight in.

;