Simon Francis

I don’t. But would be a hell of a coincidence if he is.
But the point is, you are assuming that (a) he’s only being appointed because he’s there, (b) there are many better-qualified people who want the job and (c) he’ll be rubbish

All assumptions, because you don’t know

Why assume the worst, why not give Franno (and Bill) the benefit and instead assume he’s proven himself worthy of stepping up?

There could of course be some kind of restructure on the horizon.

Whilst Franno will remain at the top of the afcb tree, would the family of Black Knight clubs have a boss at the top of the umbrella?

There could of course be some kind of restructure on the horizon.

Whilst Franno will remain at the top of the afcb tree, would the family of Black Knight clubs have a boss at the top of the umbrella?

You'd think so. The entire multi-club model presumably requires a completely expanded setup.

Wishing Franno all the best, it makes perfect sense for him to take a step up in the departure of Hughes. Been doing the job a few years, will have seen good practice and bad, will have things to take from Hughes and ideas of his own. Continuity reduces risk I would say.

If I were to be bold enough to make a suggestion to Bill, it would be to also bring someone in from the outside to add fresh eyes to assist, in some form.

Will be interesting to see what structure the club comes up with.

“First Team Technical Director” is not the same thing as “Director of Football”.
This. From my many thousands of hours of experience on football manager, the Technical Director is in charge of the backroom, coaches, scouts and medical staff etc. from hiring and firing, to recommending coaching courses and coach training assignments e.g. "Andoni, have you considered asking Supa Fletch to show Antoine and Dom how to eat a roast dinner?"
DoF handles the player recruitment.

This. From my many thousands of hours of experience on football manager, the Technical Director is in charge of the backroom, coaches, scouts and medical staff etc. from hiring and firing, to recommending coaching courses and coach training assignments e.g. "Andoni, have you considered asking Supa Fletch to show Antoine and Dom how to eat a roast dinner?"
DoF handles the player recruitment.
First Team Technical Director is just a modern job title for Director of Football isn't it as DoFs seemed to get bad press a few years back and seen as meddlers in the managers affairs.

Blake thinking as hard as ever on this appointment!

On a serious note I like Franno, he is an intelligent articulate bloke with a really decent football brain. Hoping he can step up although feel for him with some of the squad he has been left and having to recoup its value before he can spend.

Welcome Franno and best of luck to you sir.
Well maybe Hugh’s will buy them again when he gets to his next club?

“I look forward to the day I return as a supporter in the company of my wife and our five children who are the biggest of Cherries fans, but before then an important end to this season awaits and I am looking forward to a strong finish. Up the Cherries.”

Yes, but I do wonder in what capacity.

Blake thinking as hard as ever on this appointment!

On a serious note I like Franno, he is an intelligent articulate bloke with a really decent football brain. Hoping he can step up although feel for him with some of the squad he has been left and having to recoup its value before he can spend.

Welcome Franno and best of luck to you sir.
how do you know that we have to recoup before we spend. if you think about FFP then our permitted losses over 3 seasons is 83million at moment, next season it will be 105 million as we lose the 13million permitted loss for 21-22 promotion season and gain 35million for next season. if kelly leaves then we no longer have to account for his 2.6 million/ season amortisation. now we have committed to sienestra and i think on unal but i believe we may still have some leaway. of course it depends on cash flow and how much Foley wants to continue to pump into club.

Perhaps an internal appointment saves a few quid on wages and recruitment costs - surely anything that helps pay off the *insert huge number here* wasted on *insert player(s) you don't like here* will help with FFP?!

;