Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Grimsby Wembley

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Forest promotion 1-0

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Neil Dawson

UTC Legend
Talking about this with my lad on the way home.

Was yesterday our greatest game? Irritating how people are saying Utd are bad when they’d have gone level with Man City had they won yesterday and could have made it four wins in a row without conceding.

Part of the charm of being a Bmth fan is two of our most memorable games came against Grimsby

Apologies if I’ve missed your favourite but just write it on here…

Last edited:
Grimsby, Bolton, Liverpool. Hard to pick between the 3. Went Grimsby.
Also, would have put Charlton on that list - even though nothing was really riding on it, it was still the most amazing and surreal day I've ever experienced as a AFCB fan.

Beating Chelsea and Manchester United in the same week would be my favourite.

Beating Arsenal and Chelsea in about 10 days also well up there, as is winning 4-0 against Chelsea at home and the 6-1 against Hull.

None on the list above, just shows how many great days we’ve had in the top flight.

I would add the home game against Aston Villa October 1971.

Really enjoyed the football we saw when John Bond was our manager.

Otherwise yesterday has to be up there with our home promotion win against Bolton which made all our dreams come true.

As I was at that game Bolton for me.

Also a mention for Mel Machin and his Great Escape team against Shrewsbury with an over full Dean Court and others outside who couldn’t get in.

Last edited:
I wasn't at the 3-0 Bolton game but can understand why that would be favourite.

I thought the 4-0 win at home to Chelsea (Hazard included) with Brooksie, King and Charlie Daniels scoring was one of my most enjoyable.

All good. It's also about context. Brentford away seemed to make the impossible a reality.

Grimsby was huge as we faced potential oblivion.

West Ham win was a 'we've arrived moment'.

But yesterday was something else. The 5th game in a row where we have gone tow to town with a team and done well. The previous 4 were about weaker opposition in Sheffield and Palace. Newcastle apparently had an injury crisis. Villa we didn't quite put them to the sword.

The context of Old Trafford can't be ignored. Huge and historic stadium. Big crowd. Intense pressure early in 2nd half. But we never looked like being second best.

It's our greatest result and performance without doubt for me.

All good. It's also about context. Brentford away seemed to make the impossible a reality.
All the games in the vote and others mentioned were all great games with epic celebrations and put huge smiles on all our faces. However, for the very reason that Fritter mentions here… Nothing will get better than beating Bolton on that night… Nothing…

I don’t need to analyse the games… for me it’s as black and white as that…

;