Southampton v AFC Bournemouth

Why is it give us a team that hasn’t won at home since November,or a team that hasn’t scored for ages and we turn up to offer them a way out.

Poor fcukin management coz it's either the team don't care and/or they're not trying.

Whatever, they are not listening to the boss, unless he's just sleepwalking too.

My bum just let off an audible squeak when I looked at the league table after today’s results .
We are making heavy work of this ‘getting safe ‘.

BLAME MONKEYS to the fore! Straight into Gosling as usual.Never to the strikers for missing opportunities!

I’d normally defend Gosling as he generally works his **************** off, but he was terrible today.

Can’t really think of many missed opportunities because we kept giving the call away, unless you count Surman chancing his arm from distance, Frasers left foot and too many embarrassing claims for penalties in the last ten minutes

They are talking about a local derby on Solent with Hughes interview.

Someone should tell our players it was a local derby, because they didn’t turn up for it!

No it isn't...
No doubt if we put in performances like that we deserve to be relegated but it's being a boring season. The "3 at the back" formation is actually a 5 for most sides when you don't pivot or push out from the middle which means most of our games have been 4411 vs 541 and therefore results in a game where both sets of fans feel like their team is terrible because nothing is happening in the final third.

Unless of course by average you mean a team which will finish between 8th and 12th which I think is flattering for the side but a major achievement if we are.
Mid table maybe , average definitely.

Judging by Eddies interview on Solent he’s fuming with today . He had to hold back from saying some stuff but I’m sure he won’t in the dressing room

As Willo said ,all Cook had to do was head the ball clear,but tried to control it on his chest ,lost it and hey ho goal number 2.There are times to try and play out and times when the ball just has to go.We just don’t learn.

I'm afraid today was a Wenger moment for me.

Sadly EH has been found out tactically and it looks like he is not able to motivate these overpaid Prince's of Disappointment.

Remember all the paper talk that he was going to be the new England manager and Wenger's replacement . I can't think of one top team he would last more than 6 months with after our last 6 months of crap. Have the players lost confidence in his ability to tactically out think the opposition , is he just a one trick pony, why does he play so many players out of their best positions.? Time to invest in another winger, Just asking and now standing by for much incoming !

I think the players are too complacent! Each week in and out it’s the same players getting picked for the starting 11 and the same ones being brought on from the bench. Eddie is too predictable and doesn’t take risks!! He needs to bring a bit of competition within the team, make them fight for their spots. If one of the younger players is performing better in training, bring them on. This will make them work harder.
Agree . And if the alternatives aren’t good enough either then we have problems.

Possibly prejudice coming from wanting English youngsters to form larger part of our squads and over the years seeing quite a number of African players throwing tantrums on and off the field. I also study the press closely and broadly and If they get it wrong so do I - I won't make a list and go into detailed futile arguments and will stick to my beliefs. I've always been impressed by Scandinavian and Dutch but of course there are a few of those that are suspect in the same way some Africans are good assets to their clubs. My impressions are based on 5 decades so I would need some Africans to come to Afcb and shake me out of that groove.

DeMouge was awesome, and I'm pretty sure that Gowling was in Scandinavia same time I was

I guess you'll ignore Blissett, Brissett, and Ekoku, but I'm sure something will fit your narrative

I think the players are too complacent! Each week in and out it’s the same players getting picked for the starting 11 and the same ones being brought on from the bench. Eddie is too predictable and doesn’t take risks!! He needs to bring a bit of competition within the team, make them fight for their spots. If one of the younger players is performing better in training, bring them on. This will make them work harder.

What sort of risks would you like to see him take?
QUOTE="sam adams, post: 175878, member: 1891"]Sadly EH has been found out tactically and it looks like he is not able to motivate these overpaid Prince's of Disappointment.

Remember all the paper talk that he was going to be the new England manager and Wenger's replacement . I can't think of one top team he would last more than 6 months with after our last 6 months of crap. Have the players lost confidence in his ability to tactically out think the opposition , is he just a one trick pony, why does he play so many players out of their best positions.? Time to invest in another winger, Just asking and now standing by for much incoming ![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
DeMouge was awesome, and I'm pretty sure that Gowling was in Scandinavia same time I was

I guess you'll ignore Blissett, Brissett, and Ekoku, but I'm sure something will fit your narrative

But non of them are African .well technically maybe Efan was Nigerian born in the UK .

;