Southampton v AFC Bournemouth

If you haven’t heard the Solent interview with KT, it’s worth a listen, especially after Kris said the accusation is the players are switched off because you have achieved your position of perceived safety.
I really don't think these interviews paint a true picture. They're getting paid for doing their job and probably don't have the emotional investment that fans do. So when they say their 'disappointed' I feel they'll be over it before crossing the New Forest!

Easy to shrug this off as "players on the beach" but we've regressed this season in my opinion. Today summed up a pretty pedestrian season, can't remember the last spell of decent performances we put together.

Really not enjoying watching us play at present, it's been that way for a while now.

Squad looking pretty barren too. Probably 5-6 players needed at the very least 2-3 of which need to be quality signings of the Ake level.

Given our long term recruitment history, that's probably about 15 players we need to bring in at previous signing to first term regular ratios.

All will be well again if we wallop the Welshman next week!! It was a sort of let down today but Saints were always going to go for it. Live positive and look at the bright side for the next game!

It was as bad as it sounded then!?

Almost lost for words . Never seen so many pissed off people. Southampton were awful, we were worse. The individual errors on both sides made it look like a league 1 game. Our biggest fault is the constant losing of possession, hence gifting them both goals. Begovic had an absolute nightmare in his distribution which was almost suicidal at times.

Great turnout and support as usual but the team let the fans down today. Neil will lay it on thick later I daresay. This will rumble on for a week I reckon.

Can't recall a worse performance in the PL. There was no passion. Players pointing and shrugging at each other. No movement. No plan. No leaders. 3 strikers playing as part of an entirely separate team. Error after error. Shocking doesn't get anywhere near it, maybe abject. 4 - 1 would have been a fair result.

Haven't enjoyed a game for a while. I posted after the palace game that I didn't enjoy that one. Ake will go. Is it too early to be worried about next season?

What was our attacking strategy today? Can someone enlighten me.

If Eddie has been working on it all week in training it would seem that his magic powers are wearing off a bit.

We were shocking all over the pitch. What's the point of having wing backs if we get the ball out to them and then pass the ball backwards.

We have seriously digressed from playing with pace in attack. I can't recall one attacking run down either wing producing a centre along the deck because our attackers are usually out muscled when the cross is in the air.

Play like this next year if we are lucky to stay up and we will be relegation fodder.

Sad thing is, we could have easily changed it. Surman on to make a midfield 3 at half time. Take control of the game. Draw them out. Starting with 3 strikers up front was ludicrous. An act of stunning naivety.

It reminded me of the Quinn tactics. Unfathomable.

What was our attacking strategy today? Can someone enlighten me.

If Eddie has been working on it all week in training it would seem that his magic powers are wearing off a bit.

We were shocking all over the pitch. What's the point of having wing backs if we get the ball out to them and then pass the ball backwards.

We have seriously digressed from playing with pace in attack. I can't recall one attacking run down either wing producing a centre along the deck because our attackers are usually out muscled when the cross is in the air.

Play like this next year if we are lucky to stay up and we will be relegation fodder.

We have been poor for 6 months

Wow, I appear to be definitely in the minority in thinking we have played a lot worse than that this season. Not happy about the performance but not as down as many of you seem.

Yes the their were a lot of times we just gave them possession through pure sloppiness but that has been a common trend throughout the season. At least we did show some fight, had quite a few shots and made their keeper earn his keep - something we have failed to do too often this season.

We all know changes are required next season - lets just hope they are made.

;