Southampton v AFC Bournemouth

We seriously need to up our game to get anything up the road... Lets not forget we've never even scored as goal at St Marys.

Saints might be poor this year, but we've hardly set the World alight. As has been said, they'll come out the blocks at 100mph, something we haven't done in a very long time...

I agree with Garbo in that I'd be tempted to plug the centre of the park .. Who that is with and who gets the nod up top I Donny know... Slim pickings really... Accoring to this we'd be best with King and Defoe, but that airing just doesn't seem right to me..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/afc-bournemouth/top-scorers

I think Hughes will actually play it cautious at the start, he knows we counterattack well. The last thing he wants is the scenario that we get a goal up early on.

Mark Hughes in the Southampton Echo.

Maybe Eddie should put this up in the dressing room, especially the Third Para.

“We have disappointment because we haven’t progressed in the competition but we have to put it behind us very quickly because we have a huge game next weekend against Bournemouth at home where we need to win.

“It’s quite clear from our point of view, there are no grey areas, it’s black and white we need to win.”

Hughes thinks that Saints may well be playing a lesser side than they have recently, and that could help their cause.

“We have had fixtures against really good quality teams of late,” he admitted.

“We have played Chelsea twice, we have played Leicester away, we played Arsenal. They’ve been really big games that will always test us.

“It’s not disrespectful to the teams we will face in the next three or four games but maybe the quality will not be as high.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/16176436.Hughes_demands_Cherries_focus/

So what was the score when that lesser quality team played Stoke this season. muppet.

...well done Hughes that is Eddie's teamtalk covered....you are a dork Hughes, I suppose Scummers are in their present position because they have beaten all previous 'inferior' opposition have they?

If AFCB need any incentive to beat them it is that Hughes is their manager! We have beaten his Stoke side and he moaned then about us being unprofessional etc....etc... he is a loser!

Mark Hughes in the Southampton Echo.

Maybe Eddie should put this up in the dressing room, especially the Third Para.

“We have disappointment because we haven’t progressed in the competition but we have to put it behind us very quickly because we have a huge game next weekend against Bournemouth at home where we need to win.

“It’s quite clear from our point of view, there are no grey areas, it’s black and white we need to win.”

Hughes thinks that Saints may well be playing a lesser side than they have recently, and that could help their cause.

“We have had fixtures against really good quality teams of late,” he admitted.

“We have played Chelsea twice, we have played Leicester away, we played Arsenal. They’ve been really big games that will always test us.

“It’s not disrespectful to the teams we will face in the next three or four games but maybe the quality will not be as high.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/16176436.Hughes_demands_Cherries_focus/
To be fair, he isn't wrong.

Of course he's right, but then the same applies to us. Difference is Eddie wouldn't say that I suspect.

Hardly worth faux outrage.

It makes for an easy addition to Howe's team talk though.

Stick those comments up, remind the players that Hughes reckons we're poor quality compared to Chelsea, he forgets we went and smashed them 3-0 away. Go shove that hope up his ****************.

Silly Hughes.

Someone should tell Hughes that being a c*** isn't a legitimate profession.

He should stick to killing football clubs.

Here's the funnier thing, Southampton appointed Mark Hughes when 18th with eight games to go on 28 points, needing him to turn things around fairly quickly. Realistically they needed another 10 or 12 points to be reasonably sure to stay up. Before Southampton, Hughes had managed five Premier League sides. Here are the first eight PL results for each of them:

2004 Blackburn DLLDDDWL - 7 points
2008 Man City LWWLWLLD - 10 points
2010 Fulham DDDWDDLL - 8 points
2012 QPR LWDLLLDL - 5 points
2013 Stoke LWWDLLLD - 8 points

So they appointed a candidate who had been sacked by one of the only two teams below them AND who has a track record of picking up very few points in his first games in charge. You couldn't make it up.

I notice our friends on the Saints web match thread are arguing about whether it is insulting to call AFCB Boscome (sic) - other than being arrested by the spelling police I can't think of a less offensive thing to call us.

A side debate has developed as to whether DC is in Boscombe or not. Personally it's a no from me - Boscombe doesn't extend north of the railway line as the road signs would confirm.

I'm not a betting man but if I was, I'd say this has 'draw' written all over it. In the days when the pools were king and we were in the third division I had a friend who always put a cross next to us!

However, for my fanatasy, WIlson is dropped (I just counted on how many shots he had on target in the last couple of games). King plays centre, along with Lys, and scores. Mikael Ndjol is on the subs bench scores in the second half and we are two nil winners, simple.

I notice our friends on the Saints web match thread are arguing about whether it is insulting to call AFCB Boscome (sic) - other than being arrested by the spelling police I can't think of a less offensive thing to call us.

A side debate has developed as to whether DC is in Boscombe or not. Personally it's a no from me - Boscombe doesn't extend north of the railway line as the road signs would confirm.

Kings Park is in Boscombe, our stadium is on the boundary of the park, so surely we are Boscombe.

As an aside looking up Dean Court came upon this and an early hand sketch of our ground.

https://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/Libr...ritageZone/DorsetHistoryCentre/DeanCourt.aspx

I'm not a betting man but if I was, I'd say this has 'draw' written all over it. In the days when the pools were king and we were in the third division I had a friend who always put a cross next to us!

However, for my fanatasy, WIlson is dropped (I just counted on how many shots he had on target in the last couple of games). King plays centre, along with Lys, and scores. Mikael Ndjol is on the subs bench scores in the second half and we are two nil winners, simple.
I've got a feeling we'll stick with wilson I'm afraid, although we'll have better strikers on the bench!

Kings Park is in Boscombe, our stadium is on the boundary of the park, so surely we are Boscombe.

Is Kings Park in Boscombe? I'd have thought the railway line was the boundary - Springbourne isn't in Boscombe.

Mind you, half of Poole is apparently in Parkstone so maybe it's all Boscombe really.

Can’t argue with his logic - we aren’t as good as Chelsea, Arsenal or Leicester.

On the day we were away from home.

Beat Chelsea in January and against Leicester we were winning until the 7th minute of injury time. Lost at Arsenal earlier in the season.

Over the season they are higher than us in the league.

Mark Hughes doesn't like us anyway to he is bound to say that.

I hope we treat the game as it should and we go and give it a right good go, and get the win which will 100% confirm premier league football next season and put that lot within touching distance of the championship.

Is Kings Park in Boscombe? I'd have thought the railway line was the boundary - Springbourne isn't in Boscombe.

Mind you, half of Poole is apparently in Parkstone so maybe it's all Boscombe really.

Always thought of Dean Court between Pokesdown and Bournemouth, hence Boscombe. Gloucester Road comes into the park and is Boscombe. Boscombe Police Station was in Gloucester Road. Ashley Road the same.

Then this from our local paper, surely they would know!

HUNDREDS of motorists have received warnings after being caught on camera driving through King’s Park in Boscombe during bridge repair works on Ashley Road.

Then we have this, where does Springbourne start and end?

http://www.boscombepokesdown.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/160926Boundary_mapsm.pdf

Last edited:
On the day we were away from home.

Beat Chelsea in January and against Leicester we were winning until the 7th minute of injury time. Lost at Arsenal earlier in the season.

Over the season they are higher than us in the league.

Table doesn’t lie albeit in one off games anything can happen

;