Steve Cook

Always worries me that although there may be this equipment at lower league games, it still needs people that can step up and use it effectively. I attended a local FA first aid course about two years ago and although we had units to practice on and the trainers were fantastic, I just hope if the moment came we could act quick enough.

Obviously lost on you but it’s about the gesture, so fair play Cookie.

Absolutely any criticism misses the point. As the story says, the club put out an appeal for funding and Steve saw it and paid for it given they were short of funds. Seems like club publicised the good deed rather cook. Maybe he contributes more to other charities but doesn’t want publicity. Doesn’t matter the cost or how much the player earns, the action deserves nothing but praise.

Always worries me that although there may be this equipment at lower league games, it still needs people that can step up and use it effectively. I attended a local FA first aid course about two years ago and although we had units to practice on and the trainers were fantastic, I just hope if the moment came we could act quick enough.
Newer defibs talk you through the process. They've specifically been made so that they are easy to use by anyone.

Big article on BBC news this morning featuring two people who have lost family through heart problems, one being Justin Edinburgh's son and the other having a son who had exceptional sporting prowess but sadly lost his life, both run a charity (I think) supplying defibrillators wherever, unfortunately successive governments have shown no interest, sad.

Posted a photo on Instagram of himself in Bournemouth, a fan commented asking him why he didn’t travel with the rest of the squad. Cook responded, ‘Just left behind.’
oh dear

Maybe Parker has decided he doesn’t fancy him. Or maybe he has asked to move on… one year left on his contract and yet to sign an extension. Who knows… but it wouldn’t appear to be due to an injury

or was late getting to the airport

Would be incredibly poor form from the captain.

Seems weird to leave players out Danjuma. Begovic, etc because you're sending the signal you're not even going to entertain the idea of them staying and therefore driving down the asking price.

;