Steve Cook

Lewis Cook will still be months away from first team action given it was an ACL injury. You can choose not to read anything into it, that is your right. But you can’t deny the evidence is pointing one way. Steve Cooks Twitter bio used to say AFCB captain, that has been removed, there is now no mention of us. I appreciate that people are changing their bio for a variety of reasons but when you couple that with the other evidence, him not travelling and his response as to why he hadn’t travelled. Plus the fact he doesn’t appear to be injured. You can’t deny that it doesn’t look good

Only time will tell, in the meantime I’m assuming he’s still injured from the playoffs and a big part of our plans for next season.

Would it be on-line racism if I were to call Cookie a big, hairy @rs’d lump of a player ....... and I think AFCB would be absolutely crazy to let him go at the moment?

I love Cookie, always have. A no nonsense solid defender that will always give 100% at whatever level he’s playing at.

If there was any sniff that he was free to go elsewhere, he’d be gone already with a decent few other unhappy clubs a bit miffed that they’d missed the chance to sign him.

maybe Cookie's just waiting his new central defensive partner Ben Davies to sign later today, before they both jet off from Bournemouth airport to Marbella.

OK, so maybe a lower table Premier league club is
showing an interest in him, he's told Parker that he wants to speak to them ,Parkers thrown a strop and said "well stay here and talk to them then !".
Or maybe he's injured.

Can't imagine why they wouldn't want him to stay. Reckon it's another reason.

What will be will be. A shame if Cookie leaves but can't begrudge the bloke a move after the way he's conducted himself at the club. If he stays great but if he goes we get someone else in. I think we all knew which players would be targeted this summer so it would be no surprise if there's anything to it

Maybe there is a new club philosophy in which if a player is in the last year of his contract and won’t sign a new one then he will be sold? Can’t say I’m totally against that tbh.

Agree, need to optimise transfer fees now not in prem so if we can get £5m for him and sign a younger replacement (or two) then makes good sense.

I don't think this is suspicious at all, he wasn't featured in the first days of training (apart from jumping and cycling) - still carrying an injury I suspect. He's still in contract and a lot of players are missing from the squad that flew out to Spain - looks like he just took the young'uns

I understand. That makes sense.

Yeah. "Left behind" to work on fitness after injury rehabilitation. Makes sense.

On another note, was that Shane Long coming off their coach? Thought he'did left. Bego seems to have shaved his hair as well.

;