Steve Cook

I wasn't going to mention this ,thought I would wait and see if anyone else did.
I was quite near the front by the corner flag yesterday and when the players came to clap the fans at the end of the match,Steve Cook seemed to mouth the words "eff off" in the direction of the main lot of fans to the left of me.
Not sure if the players got some stick or hand gestures and Cooky took offence or what.
Did anyone stood in that area see it?

Didn't see it, but if the players took offence to a bit of stick after that shambolic second half then that is just tough. They got good support from us all game long so if a bit of understandable frustration boiled over after the final whistle then deal with it.

I would hope that EH had a few "wise words" to say as well.

Not a problem with it if he did. Just shows how disappointed he was with the result and that he cares. Can be sure if he did indeed say smething, it wasn't without provocation.

Do we expect all of our players to be saints all the time ?

redharry - 15/1/2017 17:24

Didn't see it, but if the players took offence to a bit of stick after that shambolic second half then that is just tough. They got good support from us all game long so if a bit of understandable frustration boiled over after the final whistle then deal with it.

I would hope that EH had a few "wise words" to say as well.

I disagree with this. I didn't see Cook at the end but if he was telling the fans not to have a go at the players he is right. I thought the fans let their frustration show in the last 15 minutes which contributed to the disjointed performance. Under those circumstances players look to get rid of the ball like a hot potato. Don't get me wrong it was an incredibly frustrating performance towards the end but to all the people there that were hell bent on voicing their displeasure to the players I hope it made you feel better - because the only other thing it achieves is making the players' job more difficult.

It's not about boo hoo or feeling sorry for them - I couldn't care less if they are upset - it's about wanting AFCB to win. Supporters mouthing off almost always makes it more difficult. Why do fans feel the need to mouth off? To make themselves feel better? Mouth off on here all you like but at games supporters should support.

SDD, I specifically said after the game. I didn't hear people getting on players backs during the game and to be honest I didn't hear much afterwards, but if people want to vent their frustration and anger at the players AFTER the final whistle for a crap performance then they should be able to do so. Who else should they let off steam at - the stewards, their fellow supporters, the coach driver? Or should they just suffer in silence?
If the players cannot accept a bit of stick for a poor performance at the end of the game when people have driven the best part of 600 miles in crap weather in mid January then they need to have a bit of a look at themselves.

Pretty sure if I told a customer to eff off I would get sacked and the company would be sued. Why is this so different?

Anyone who can't understand why fans who travelled over 6 hrs each way and probably spent over £150 to watch that pathetic performance ended up giving the players some verbal is obviously a little bit soft .
Sometimes we all need a kick up the ass . They are not kids , they are highly paid professionals who should of expected some grief after putting in that display.

I've got no problem with it at all.
I personally always clap the players off whatever the result.
If I did give players verbals and they told me to eff off I would have no problem with it.
All heat of the moment stuff,football is an emotive game.

I watched the clapping of the players at the end and didn't see this. Cookie is usually keen to give a young fan his shirt or jacket, but that's usually after a win.

Redharry - I heard plenty of moans and groans in the last 20 mins. Look, I'm not saying it's easy to keep a lid on your frustrations whilst we're performing badly. You could hear 90% of the away end (myself included) shout FFS as Adam Smith blazed another decent crossing opportunity hopelessly behind. The point I'm making is that getting on the players backs almost never helps anyone. These people that feel like they have to vent their frustrations are contributing to the problem would you not agree? I think Eddie Howe would. Rest assured that if our form doesn't improve and supporters continue to exercise their 'rights' to vent their frustration that Eddie will be in the Echo with a carefully worded piece about how he is lucky at AFCB because unlike other clubs our 'wonderful' supporters would never get on the players backs. It's nonsense of course but he's sending the subtle message that fans shouldn't do it:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14944284.AFC_Bournemouth__Howe_asks__quot_brilliant_quot__fans_to_help_Ibe_become_Cherries_star/

Rednblackforever - I understand the frustration but no I don't understand having a go at the players even after the match. What is the point? Did it make you feel better? Smith has been played out of position and out of form - he drops back in and struggles to get back to his previous levels of performance. Mings moves to the club, gets a dreadful injury, comes back in in an unfamiliar position after over 12 months out and isn't quite up to speed. They want to do well - we want them to do well - they don't do well. What can be done about this? Don't worry lads; rednblackforever and his mates have got this...

Often the people that treat them as 'highly paid professionals' and like to exercise their right to have a go at players are the first people to start crying when they show a lack of loyalty when bigger clubs offer more money. Loyalty is a two way street. Good luck to Steve Cook - he was the player that seemed the most desperate to win against Saints and he was the same at Hull. Captain next year please Eddie.

Witnessed an amusing oxymoron yesterday during 2nd half
"I've got more balls than that bunch of c u n t s out there put together"

Made me smile anyway

SlowDownDerek - 15/1/2017 19:31

Redharry - I heard plenty of moans and groans in the last 20 mins. Look, I'm not saying it's easy to keep a lid on your frustrations whilst we're performing badly. You could hear 90% of the away end (myself included) shout FFS as Adam Smith blazed another decent crossing opportunity hopelessly behind. The point I'm making is that getting on the players backs almost never helps anyone. These people that feel like they have to vent their frustrations are contributing to the problem would you not agree? I think Eddie Howe would. Rest assured that if our form doesn't improve and supporters continue to exercise their 'rights' to vent their frustration that Eddie will be in the Echo with a carefully worded piece about how he is lucky at AFCB because unlike other clubs our 'wonderful' supporters would never get on the players backs. It's nonsense of course but he's sending the subtle message that fans shouldn't do it:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14944284.AFC_Bournemouth__Howe_asks__quot_brilliant_quot__fans_to_help_Ibe_become_Cherries_star/

Rednblackforever - I understand the frustration but no I don't understand having a go at the players even after the match. What is the point? Did it make you feel better? Smith has been played out of position and out of form - he drops back in and struggles to get back to his previous levels of performance. Mings moves to the club, gets a dreadful injury, comes back in in an unfamiliar position after over 12 months out and isn't quite up to speed. They want to do well - we want them to do well - they don't do well. What can be done about this? Don't worry lads; rednblackforever and his mates have got this...

Often the people that treat them as 'highly paid professionals' and like to exercise their right to have a go at players are the first people to start crying when they show a lack of loyalty when bigger clubs offer more money. Loyalty is a two way street. Good luck to Steve Cook - he was the player that seemed the most desperate to win against Saints and he was the same at Hull. Captain next year please Eddie.

Firstly Derek I didn't go yesterday and I wouldn't of given abuse had I gone. The fact that those fans who did get angry after the game had travelled all that way in the first place in itself says they are not fairweather fans and surely deserve the right to be angry and let the players know their feelings after such a poor performance.
Wrapping players up in cotton wool isn't the answer , if any of us go to work and put in a bad performance we are going to get crap from our bosses and customers.
I really don't see how clapping the players off helps either ,like I said we all need a kick up the backside every now and then.

I did not clap the team at the end of the match. In my view they did not deserve it. I Don't like to see players getting any abuse and certainly did not see Cook involved in anything untoward. Maybe sometimes though players forget the time and money spent following them up and down the country. My first away match was in 1962 and believe me yesterday's capitulation probably won't make my top 50 crap away games.

retro red - 15/1/2017 20:26

I did not clap the team at the end of the match. In my view they did not deserve it. I Don't like to see players getting any abuse and certainly did not see Cook involved in anything untoward. Maybe sometimes though players forget the time and money spent following them up and down the country. My first away match was in 1962 and believe me yesterday's capitulation probably won't make my top 50 crap away games.

We are all different and we react in different ways all I am saying is I can totally understand those fans who lost it a bit .

retro red - 15/1/2017 20:26

My first away match was in 1962 and believe me yesterday's capitulation probably won't make my top 50 crap away games.

This made me laugh, spot on. Like fans of almost all clubs, you have to endure far more crap than good.....I guess that makes the good even more special

Yesterday was just another Norwich from last year

;