Steve Cook

I must admit whilst watching the players come over at the end, I didn't clap but stood somewhat in disbelief at what I had just seen. I looked around to see most others clapping the team though and didn't notice any abuse either way.

I think Millwall was the first time I haven't applauded the players off the field, just couldn't bring myself to do it. I can't speak for all, but much of my frustration yesterday harped back to the cup game. If think Eddie has (again) underestimated the lift that a cup run can bring to both fans and players. The lack of confidence probably stems from the Arsenal collapse, and we had an opportunity to get that out the system in the cup, but contrived to make it worse.

Agree we shouldn't vent frustration towards the players, but it is difficult travelling and then watching them crumble at the slightest of pressure. Players and fans need to man-up a bit....we'll come good again

Starch - 15/1/2017 23:08

I think Millwall was the first time I haven't applauded the players off the field, just couldn't bring myself to do it. I can't speak for all, but much of my frustration yesterday harped back to the cup game. If think Eddie has (again) underestimated the lift that a cup run can bring to both fans and players. The lack of confidence probably stems from the Arsenal collapse, and we had an opportunity to get that out the system in the cup, but contrived to make it worse.
Strongly agree with this. Confidence is such a huge part of football. Losing a three goal lead at the Arsenal game was always going to dent the confidence but Millwall has been catastrophic for morale. Really think that Eddie has got the whole cup approach wrong and we are now seeing the after effects.

...agree I thought the job of a manager was to try and compete for trophies and deliver success across the board?

I don't think that Portsmouth or Wigan got relegated because of their FA Cup successes, but because they weren't good enough over a season to stay up...

all this players need rest business surely they could rest from training instead?

Don't believe in booing a rubbish performance.
But equally don't believe in clapping a rubbish performance.
Didn't do either at Millwall or Hull.

IMO. The team that played against Arsenal should have played against Millwall. They should have won and that may have helped improve confidence.

yanh_ - 16/1/2017 10:06

Starch - 15/1/2017 23:08

Strongly agree with this. Confidence is such a huge part of football. Losing a three goal lead at the Arsenal game was always going to dent the confidence but Millwall has been catastrophic for morale. Really think that Eddie has got the whole cup approach wrong and we are now seeing the after effects.
Agree with the above.Although a different team the fallout from the disastrous Millwall performance has totally affected the confidence of the whole squad. I think the Hull loss could have been forgiven if we had got through the next round of FA Cup but instead it has almost imploded the morale of team. I think the reaction from fans on forum,media and twitter after Millwall match is something EH has not seen before in recent times and he and team were totally in shock of the criticism from his loyal followers. I don't agree in booing team,not everyone wins everything but no clapping would Have been a far more reaching effect without such vociferous reaction.

...we are all fans, it is not an alien concept to want your team to win every game? I still can't get my head around why though the team sent out onto the pitch at Millwall were hammered by a team in the third tier so easily?

It is not like they were a ragbag side...we had proper players in there like federici, Smith,Ibe and Mings?

And rightly so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4290646/Bournemouth-s-Steve-Cook-attracting-West-Brom-interest.html

He really does deserve an England call up for sure.

And I would agree, 7m would be a laugh! You'd not even get a Championship defender for that.

£7 and a Punto he'll stay ...problem is I think he''ll fit right in at WBA.

The call up's a no brainer mind..

Beat me to it redhouse. We said the same when we walked out of the Hawthorns last week. Can see Pulis making a tiny bid whether we're in the PL or not. If we're not they'll probably accept it :-(

Even if we know he's done well this season, surely few clubs are going to be interested in a defender from a defence conceding as many as we do.

northstandmark - 7/3/2017 19:42

Even if we know he's done well this season, surely few clubs are going to be interested in a defender from a defence conceding as many as we do.

If we know that then no reason why they won't know that.

We've discussed who will be the first AFCB player to get an England cap. I'd love it if it were Steve Cook. NSM has a point though - we've conceded too many.

SlowDownDerek - 7/3/2017 19:49

We've discussed who will be the first AFCB player to get an England cap. I'd love it if it were Steve Cook. NSM has a point though - we've conceded too many.

Think we're always likely to under Eddie. He ain't about to change now.
Did you see the VT before the Man Utd game. Just watched it tonight and there's a good interview with Franno, Cook and Charlie. They all say they don't want to change the way we play either!

;