Steve Cook

Yes, imagine he was struck off for reasons outside of purely footballing.

Interesting claims were made that he's still club captain though. Would have thought that would be removed, as not sure how that ties in with someone who has no future at the club? Not saying he'd completely down tools, but seems odd keeping him in that capacity if he's surplus to requirements. Maybe thats changed since and hasn't been broadcast.

Also going by what I've heard about Scottish football over the past few years, not sure Celtic are able to afford anywhere near Cooks wage, which must be around 30k a week or more.

May have been kept as captain to avoid squad I'll feeling. He's popular with the other players. If keeping him in the role can help prevent a split, that may have seemed the best thing to do.

May have been kept as captain to avoid squad I'll feeling. He's popular with the other players. If keeping him in the role can help prevent a split, that may have seemed the best thing to do.

Yeha could be. Must be a good reason, managed by Parker and his team. Not like it would be an oversight and its not really a crucial position anyway, so unless he's somehow toxic or being a d1ck, easier to keep things as they are not to potentially rock the boat.

Sorry Gloria H, I can't buy your view on Cookie snr., surely our lads are bright enough to understand how the footballer's life is all swings and roundabouts hence it's very unusual for footballers to remain at one Club for the entirety of their career, even the most brilliant lads, at some time, will find themselves on the bench as a rest or a step towards the door. I daren't mention Ronaldo but he didn't look a very happy bunny on Saturday in one of the shots a camera took of him.
UTC
My heart sank when we went a goal down on Saturday but they changed gear and so yippee.

Sorry Gloria H, I can't buy your view on Cookie snr., surely our lads are bright enough to understand how the footballer's life is all swings and roundabouts hence it's very unusual for footballers to remain at one Club for the entirety of their career, even the most brilliant lads, at some time, will find themselves on the bench as a rest or a step towards the door. I daren't mention Ronaldo but he didn't look a very happy bunny on Saturday in one of the shots a camera took of him.
UTC
My heart sank when we went a goal down on Saturday but they changed gear and so yippee.

Yes. My heart sank too. Only positive vibes was that I was thinking a goal against us would at least change the stalemate from the first half.

Who knows why Parker's made Cook the captain then. Was just guessing... Maybe Scott kept Steve in out of respect to him... Have to say that I think it makes sense for the captain to actually play...

It's frustrating that his loyalty as lead to him not playing in the Championship when disloyal inferior players are stealing a living on a Premier League bench.
A VERY good point.
Cookie, when he does leave, will be able to leave us with his head held high and will always remain an AFCB legend. Others had that same opportunity but with their behaviour tarnished their legacy with us and will never be held with the same regard Steve Cook will be.
I'd say a testimonial ( when the time is right ) would be absolutely obligatory.
We love you SC, never forget that :love:

Such a sad way to end his time here
.... playing for the 'development squad'.
Unless you look at it as him developing the future talent of AFCB and passing on his knowledge and experience. Any development CB playing with Cookie will learn more than they ever could through videos or instruction from the sidelines, similar to how Cahill is helping Kelly develop

To be honest I don't see the point of not including him in the first team squad, we are paying him god knows what a week.
If we got a CB injury surely he would at least make the bench

Unless you look at it as him developing the future talent of AFCB and passing on his knowledge and experience. Any development CB playing with Cookie will learn more than they ever could through videos or instruction from the sidelines, similar to how Cahill is helping Kelly develop
He's better than that though isn't he?.....it wasn't so long ago that we were dreading going into a playoff second leg without him ...in fact if he hadn't got injured in the first leg we'd probably be in the PL now.
So strange that he can't even make a matchday squad..

He's better than that though isn't he?.....it wasn't so long ago that we were dreading going into a playoff second leg without him ...in fact if he hadn't got injured in the first leg we'd probably be in the PL now.
So strange that he can't even make a matchday squad..
Sorry, I hardly use this site these days and can't be wading through 67 pages/5 entire years of potentially irrelevant information. Have I missed something? Did we ever get a chant going for Cookie?

Why isn't he playing this season? Why will he be ending his time in the dev squad? Did he tell Parker he's short and dresses like an estate agent?

Sorry, I hardly use this site these days and can't be wading through 67 pages/5 entire years of potentially irrelevant information. Have I missed something? Did we ever get a chant going for Cookie?

Why isn't he playing this season? Why will he be ending his time in the dev squad? Did he tell Parker he's short and dresses like an estate agent?
How have you been?....nice to hear from you again......no one seems to know whats happened with Cookie....not included from the moment Parker came in.....must be linked to wages though.... we've brought Cahill in on similar money and want Cookie off the books...... can't be any other reason really.

How have you been?....nice to hear from you again......no one seems to know whats happened with Cookie....not included from the moment Parker came in.....must be linked to wages though.... we've brought Cahill in on similar money and want Cookie off the books...... can't be any other reason really.
Wasn't he dealing with an injury when SP came in?

;