Steve Cook

Everyone keeps talking about Sharp's chance when the ball went past Kelly and shown on TV (and in the stats?) as a chance. But Sharp was offside - the flag went up and it wouldnt have counted!

Presumably Kelly didn't give Sharo the ball because he knew he was offside.... Still a lucky escape...

I'm going with those who think letting Cook go is'nt good idea.After all we never did have a song for him.
Also as we all know ,if we should get promoted ,he not only has experience in the PL but also experience in promotions.Plus there is another factor as to whether Cahill is still with us .

I'd love Cookie to stay and be a squad member too. But if I was him or his agent, that would seem a very strange move at this stage of his career. Surely he wants to be playing first-team somewhere? I am sure he'll sort out wots best for him, and actually do trust the club to help him with whatever he chooses.

I think you should check the rule before acting all Billy big ********************************

Interesting. I can’t see it referred to in the rules, although they seem to amend them every season. The last change I can see is thicker lines and upper arm handball.

‘A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.’

I don’t think that would apply if a ball had already been played forward by a team mate and then an opponent subsequently plays it.

Maybe it has changed. Offside isn’t now flagged when the ball is played, only when received. Previously the linesman would flag as soon as ball is played?

So the question is ‘is offside solely decided in the moment the ball is played?’

Does anyone have any info to clarify?

The fact he is probably one of our highest paid players is also a factor I guess
Yes an exec decision was taken that Cook, Danjuma and Begovic would all go in the summer. Not sure what happened with Cook, rumours that he had things lined up, Celtic with Eddie etc then I guess people may have baulked at the wages and there was the incident when he was left behind and tweeted. All odd…. One to get the truth on a BOTN podcast in the future @SamDavis like we did with Yann!

I'm going with those who think letting Cook go is'nt good idea. After all we never did have a song for him.
Cookie had a dream,
To play for a great team,
We had no money so he signed for Cherries on loan.
He plays at the back
Takes throws in attack
He went to [insert new team here]
And never came back
:(

Yes an exec decision was taken that Cook, Danjuma and Begovic would all go in the summer. Not sure what happened with Cook, rumours that he had things lined up, Celtic with Eddie etc then I guess people may have baulked at the wages and there was the incident when he was left behind and tweeted. All odd…. One to get the truth on a BOTN podcast in the future @SamDavis like we did with Yann!

Yes, imagine he was struck off for reasons outside of purely footballing.

Interesting claims were made that he's still club captain though. Would have thought that would be removed, as not sure how that ties in with someone who has no future at the club? Not saying he'd completely down tools, but seems odd keeping him in that capacity if he's surplus to requirements. Maybe thats changed since and hasn't been broadcast.

Also going by what I've heard about Scottish football over the past few years, not sure Celtic are able to afford anywhere near Cooks wage, which must be around 30k a week or more.

Couldn't have been offside for that chance because the ball came off Kelly.... the lino obviously didn't know that if he flagged.... pretty sure the ref would have given it.
Offside when the pass forward was made. Yes it then hit Kelly on its way to sharp. But he was offside when the pass was made.

;