Steve Cook

Too slow a partnership maybe? Cook and cahill.

Agree. Also Kelly better at bringing ball out and finding decent passes, except when he gives it away. Kelly can cover on the left too. He's young and developing. It may be a combination of these reasons. Kelly nearly gifted Sharp a goal yesterday, though.

I still think Cookie has a lot to offer, not least his experience. Kelly, Cahill and Mepham have all had periods out with injury and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he ends up playing an important role for us this season.

If that is it for him, he is 100% a Bournemouth legend and deserves the best possible send-off. It’s strange that despite all his brave and goal-saving defending, what I’ll most remember him for is his world class goals, not least Ipswich, Fulham and Liverpool.

Think he’s a better defender than Kelly tbh so not sure why he isn’t in the team. Far from perfect, but I’d feel more comfortable with him next to Cahill.
Even having Cookie on the bench to bring on when we park the bus would be very helpful..... Kelly is next to useless in those situations.

Even having Cookie on the bench to bring on when we park the bus would be very helpful..... Kelly is next to useless in those situations.
Agreed. I by no means think he’s a world beater, he’s certainly got a gaffe in him, but he is still a good centre back at this level. To not use him at all in any capacity is very strange. Kelly is good when defending a high line, like you say, he is vulnerable when defending his own area.

I never implied he has

"No one is bigger than than the club" is the phrase for players who are want away and causing a fuss. Think Kane, Sterling, Saurez, King et al.
It means a club shouldn't sacrifice itself to satisfy an unreasonable demand from a player.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=no+pl...&setmkt=en-GB&PC=EMMX01&form=LWS001&scope=web

This is the first time that I've ever heard that phrase used in reference to a player who wants to stay and is being effectively released by a club.

"No one is bigger than than the club" is the phrase for players who are want away and causing a fuss. Think Kane, Sterling, Saurez, King et al.
It means a club shouldn't sacrifice itself to satisfy an unreasonable demand from a player.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=no+pl...&setmkt=en-GB&PC=EMMX01&form=LWS001&scope=web

This is the first time that I've ever heard that phrase used in reference to a player who wants to stay and is being effectively released by a club.
I've heard it used in different contexts.

Agree. Also Kelly better at bringing ball out and finding decent passes, except when he gives it away. Kelly can cover on the left too. He's young and developing. It may be a combination of these reasons. Kelly nearly gifted Sharp a goal yesterday, though.
Everyone keeps talking about Sharp's chance when the ball went past Kelly and shown on TV (and in the stats?) as a chance. But Sharp was offside - the flag went up and it wouldnt have counted!

Everyone keeps talking about Sharp's chance when the ball went past Kelly and shown on TV (and in the stats?) as a chance. But Sharp was offside - the flag went up and it wouldnt have counted!
Couldn't have been offside for that chance because the ball came off Kelly.... the lino obviously didn't know that if he flagged.... pretty sure the ref would have given it.

Couldn't have been offside for that chance because the ball came off Kelly.... the lino obviously didn't know that if he flagged.... pretty sure the ref would have given it.
The Lino gave it as offside, highly likely the ref would have gone with his decision.

Enjoy....
That was a great week for us - beating “ But we’re sooooo massive a club , you should let us beat you “ Wolves 2-1 on the Tuesday night , then this fantastic win on the Friday night - after a tricky run of three wins in eleven we pushed on and went on a great run to the Championship title :utc:

;