Steve Cook

is that all he has to his game - JJ? No doubt he's not afraid of more confrontational approaches, but I can't imagine he uses that all the time.

COWS

Steve Cook returned for Wednesday's match after an adductor injury, with Woodgate commending his captain for his attitude and leadership.

He said: "At times you've got players who aren't 100% fit and you've got players like Steve Cook who will play when they're 80% or 70% fit, he's that type of lad.

"The more players you have like that in your dressing room with personality and character the better you'll do.

"He's a fantastic leader in the dressing room, he leads by example and that's what you can get with someone of Steve's character."

Reactions: DJ
The first ingredient of a team is normally Trust. So whatever approach they are taking, we shouldn't be able to tell.

I would also be surprised if this group so so unique that one size fits all, all the time.

Steve Cook is captain in the same way that England cricket captains used to get it based on ability or longevity. How Bego is deputy is beyond me.

The captain needs to be the best captain, which might even mean playing someone who otherwise isn't good enough to make the starting 11. S Cook is a first out of the trenches captain who can see it happening by his own admission but can't change things from the field. We need someone who can adapt the team without a shout from the bench, who reads situations and can make more impact.

I totally agree, you can challenge a player to do more without having to shout. If that players gives a stuff then its up to them to prove the Manager right or wrong.

Criminal for me that Cookie never really had a song that rang around the stadium last few years!
This lad cares, plays with his heart on his sleeve and genuinely cares. Is he 100% a captain, maybe, not sure? But he tries to lead by example.
Unfortunately I think our problem is we have a squad of talented big ******************************** who do the minimum that is required cos they are soo talented and will have other options if we don't go back up (or at least in their heads).
However not too late to still make them realise their stock is higher if they try a bit harder even if they don't quite get there...maybe that is Joe Jordan's role?

Unless I’m mistaken, didn’t Cook reach 350 league appearances a while back? He was on loan before he joined permanently for 8 games. So it’s 358 league games lol.

My brother in law is a Celtic fan and is convinced that Steve Cook will join up with Eddie when (if) he becomes manager up there

See the Sussex club that just got one only for it to be vandalised Saturday night? Shameful any day but especially bewildering given the day of Christian eriksen’s plight

See the Sussex club that just got one only for it to be vandalised Saturday night? Shameful any day but especially bewildering given the day of Christian eriksen’s plight

Good grief what is it with some people, wish I could say I’m surprised. If they catch the little turds maybe have them spend some time in the ER and morgue to see the benefits of having defibrillators on hand

;