Steve Cook

On the name of the team alone, you'd think that's a good move for him but apparently, QPR are an absolute basket case at the moment. Not sure what's going on as I haven't followed it but hopefully it goes well for him there.

One of the biggest errors in the clubs history .....
....getting rid of Cook when they did....a Leader who gave 100% every game.
Let's face it....that 'recruitment team' didn't get much right did it ?

One of the biggest errors in the clubs history .....
....getting rid of Cook when they did....a Leader who gave 100% every game.
Let's face it....that 'recruitment team' didn't get much right did it ?

Gary Cahill and Nat Phillips were replacements that helped win us promotion.

If that was the desired reason behind the move then they got it right. Vaguely remember an argument over it being done for financial reasons, which obviously wasn’t accurate as his replacements cost far more.

If that was the desired reason behind the move then they got it right. Vaguely remember an argument over it being done for financial reasons, which obviously wasn’t accurate as his replacements cost far more.
If it wasn't done for financial reasons, then it was pretty bad how he was treated and what actuall happened. If I remember correctly he was injured pre-season, but didn't travel with the rest of the squad to Spain/Portugal or whenever it was - I think he was still club captain at the time? And other injured players went - happy to be proven wrong. He did not leave that window, and Parker only played him in a handful of games when injuries hit the squad before he was farmed out to a competitor in the same league - pushing for promotion!

Reactions: DJ
I think it's more accurate to say that the way we handled the Cook situation at that point was an error... Actually, it was absolute sh*t show and lacked any kind of respect for a player that gave his all to this club for a decade...

Who knows if we'd have got the same end result with Cook in the back 4, but the treatment he got from both The Cardigan and the club was pretty disgraceful... Deserved a lot better than to be left out in the cold like that...

I think it's more accurate to say that the way we handled the Cook situation at that point was an error... Actually, it was absolute sh*t show and lacked any kind of respect for a player that gave his all to this club for a decade...

Who knows if we'd have got the same end result with Cook in the back 4, but the treatment he got from both The Cardigan and the club was pretty disgraceful... Deserved a lot better than to be left out in the cold like that...
It wasn’t the cardigans fault. Cook refused a move as wages would have dropped even though the club had decided he had to move on as they couldn’t afford him. Hence the pariah treatment, no testimonial, train with the kids. Parker wanted to use him and indeed got his way in an injury crisis.

Says a lot about Cook he came in and played like he did. The upper echelons at this club didn’t deserve him.

How did his replacements cost more? It seemed pretty clear it was for financial reasons did it not?

How did his replacements cost more? It seemed pretty clear it was for financial reasons did it not?
I would have thought Cahills wages would have been more than Cooks - but maybe I am wrong? however maybe looking at net wages it came down, there were probably some big earners that left in the summer..I think Bego left at that time?

;