Structadene

Because we cannot do that sensibly.

IF we touch the South End, our rent increases - .

It has been said on here numerous times that the rent doesn't increase/ they cant increase it, its not even on their land ( by SDD who I believe knows his stuff )

Unless of course you know something different , I'm not an expert in the field.

SDD has made a post above that addresses what you said to me. Can you answer it cheers.

SDD has made a post above that addresses what you said to me. Can you answer it cheers.

If they know more about the rent subject then I defer to his knowledge as I was only going by what was reported at the time.

The rent element is neither here or there to be honest as its the buy back price that is key. interestingly enough they value the stadium at £10m in their latest accounts.

Exactly. You know as much as I do!

Anyway, this thread is about Structadene...

Fully agree but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that if Fulham hadn't spent £100m on players and invested that into Craven Cottage they would be in a worse league position and more likely to go down :)

How do you know that?

Seems to me, as with red_house, you've got lots of statements, but no answers ;-)

Spot on - an intelligent sensible post
If they know more about the rent subject then I defer to his knowledge as I was only going by what was reported at the time.

The rent element is neither here or there to be honest as its the buy back price that is key. interestingly enough they value the stadium at £10m in their latest accounts.
mate one thing you should know on here,if your going to write stuff without facts to back it up,you'll be eaten alive,as there's some very knowledgeable people on here.Not a dig but a bit of advice

As I say I've not seen the lease so any speculation about how the rent review clause is worded is just that but broadly they are either set to be reviewed to open market value (OMV), a percentage of receipts or some sort of set increase such as the RPI.

I'm sure I've heard that it is index linked before but I don't know that. If this is true it will just increase by whatever percentage is stipulated until the lease ends - improvements in the league status of the club or improvements made to the ground won't matter.

Either way when it comes to renewal they can ask for OMV, which could become interesting because it is not easily defined for this type of property as opposed to shops, offices etc where there is comparable evidence of value. If I was SD I'd suggest that the OMV of the ground had increased exponentially since the club's rise through the leagues as they can now generate substantially more cash from occupation compared to 2004. Obviously the club would argue against this and it would probably go to arbitration but the point is the current owners might still try to massively increase the rent at the end of the lease. This is despite tenant's improvements being disregarded. The owner probably feels that improving the ground weakens his bargaining position in terms of trying to buy the ground and/or the lease renewal negotiations.

Structadene bought the ground and leased it back to our club with the proviso we could buy it back in a certain time frame, that didn’t happen.

Without opening old wounds, if blame was to be attached, maybe we should be looking a lot nearer than London.

But it was circumstances at the time, so probably nobody is to blame.

If only this happened a lot later we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

I approached Stuctadene and the club about 10 years ago and offered £3.35m to purchase the ground so that we would have a friendly landlord who would be much easier to deal with. As per all my efforts the club and Structadene refused to talk. I’m sure the current owners were never made aware of this and who knows where the value sits now!

Please elaborate on what is wrong.

Do you or do you not agree that bringing in better players increase your chances of staying in the Premier League?

Do you think if we didn't spend £30m on Begovic and Ake, that we would have stayed up last season, what about the season before?

I don't assume anything, but any sane businessman will know what scenarios will increase or decrease the chances of success.

A stadium ahead of players does not increase our chances, simple as.
That's a very short term. What happens if Max loses interest, if he hasn't already or we lose our manager without building up the fan base? We won't be another Reading, they average 16/17,000 in the championship and where would those supporters come from if we dropped out of the premier league, as we didn't ever have them in the first place?

That's a very short term. What happens if Max loses interest, if he hasn't already or we lose our manager without building up the fan base? We won't be another Reading, they average 16/17,000 in the championship and where would those supporters come from if we dropped out of the premier league, as we didn't ever have them in the first place?

Exactly, what is the point of building a new stadium with larger overheads if we had come straight back down like we all thought we would when we got promoted just to have it sapping the atmosphere.

Now we have stayed here for 4 years, it is now time to look at it again.

Exactly, what is the point of building a new stadium with larger overheads if we had come straight back down like we all thought we would when we got promoted just to have it sapping the atmosphere.

Now we have stayed here for 4 years, it is now time to look at it again.
I'm suggesting we have a new stadium firstly and if we can't do that increase the capacity, as a last resort. There's nothing wrong with us dropping down to 16/17k in the championship. Reading because they've got the necessary infrastructure will be back, however, I think if we got relegated, we'd lose our manager for a start and with our present mickey mouse set up we'd be back down in div 1 before you know it.

I'm suggesting we have a new stadium firstly and if we can't do that increase the capacity, as a last resort. There's nothing wrong with us dropping down to 16/17k in the championship. Reading because they've got the necessary infrastructure will be back, however, I think if we got relegated, we'd lose our manager for a start and with our present mickey mouse set up we'd be back down in div 1 before you know it.

There you go again. I'm sure the owner would love you to explain your workings out to his investment partners.

I'd like you to explain how the size of the ground influences the chances of promotion - the evidence of recent years doesn't suggest that it's relevant.

You think we'd get 16-17k for more than two years? We need big attendances whilst we're in the PL to make these new guys stick around. The two years we spent in the Championship recently we didn't sell out week in week out

edit: @sdd was mostly tongue in cheek, but hey if the opportunity is there, I'd love to be able to screw them like they're screwing us right now, but then that's why there's little room for emotion in business

For the last time, the stadium is 3 sided....... the whole stadium has 3 sides. We pay rent on this.

In addition we own land that currently has a temporary shed on it. We are also paying to rent that shed.

Not sure if this answers the question re South Stand, but don’t think you would demolish a hired stand, unless it is poor wording.

The proposed redevelopment includes plans to demolish the existing temporary stand and replace it with a new one able to accommodate 4,559 fans. Two smaller stands in the south west and south east corners of the stadium, each comprising 428 seats, would also be built.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...n_for_their_new_stand_by_the_end_of_the_year/

Could we not charge SD massive ground rent for the buildings that they have on our land

Anyone recall why SD purchased that particular footprint of land ? Was it a footprint they deemed suitable for housing development, it looks that way.

My guess is that they don't want to sell . Obviously the club have previously attempted to buy the land back so yes perhaps the OP has a point....Interesting what Valencian says above.

As for Herbs idea of sitting there and indulging in a staring contest until the lease expires, with zero expansion, then without doubt SD will win. Where does that leave fans ?

There you go again. I'm sure the owner would love you to explain your workings out to his investment partners.

I'd like you to explain how the size of the ground influences the chances of promotion - the evidence of recent years doesn't suggest that it's relevant.
ha ha your at it again SDD, let me explain to you one more time because your clearly not getting it! It was 'THE CLUB' that suggested a new stadium not me. Their infrastructure increases, only increases mind, their chances of promotion, not just the stadium. We'll see where we will be playing in 10 years time because I don't think we'll be playing in the same league as reading, brighton or southampton. The new stadium would be my preferred option and that would be a 'LONG TERM INVESTMENT'. It shouldn't take a genius to work these things out. Why build the new wembley, the emerates, the new stand at anfield, saints present ground or the new white hart lane....... LONG TERM INVESTMENT.

Re the actual footprint of land that SD bought I believe the South Stand area and a bit of the pitch wasn't actually owned by the club in the first place. It may have been leased from the Council or Stanley Cohen may have had a charge on it - not 100% sure but there was something that precluded it from the S&L.

;