ST’s - average 9.7% increase

I was only quoting your number. I took it as read you were right.

I’m also assuming they won’t be able to ask non season ticket holders to pay for two matches they won’t go to?

I get the price rise, the method is horrendous as is the comms.

All I’m saying is if you need money fine to go get it from all sources but why are fans so accepting of this stat and not asking why it’s not the first source of profit growth . I also know there’s nothing any of us can do about any of it!
View attachment 10820

Fans don't have a weird obsession with Neill Blake. Well other than those on your "we8Blake" family WhatsApp group. Max was clearly happy with what he was paid and I'm sure Foley is looking at whether everyone is paid the right money. Why on earth wouldn't he?

They’ve missed an area in this root and branch overhaul though Del. Their pay. Funny that… still that’s alright sir, I know my place….

Have they really? It's great to have your insider info on these topics. Unlike you I've no idea what's what behind the scenes but I suspect that whatever deal this highest paid executive was on last season ended when the club was taken over.

I was only quoting your number. I took it as read you were right.

I’m also assuming they won’t be able to ask non season ticket holders to pay for two matches they won’t go to?

I get the price rise, the method is horrendous as is the comms.

All I’m saying is if you need money fine to go get it from all sources but why are fans so accepting of this stat and not asking why it’s not the first source of profit growth . I also know there’s nothing any of us can do about any of it!
View attachment 10820

I took it from you. Post #106. Then I checked it after you deducted VAT.

As for why this is being addressed now it's simply because it's season ticket time.

Should they look at the CEO salary as well? Sure. Curious as to how you know they aren't since that table quotes figures from a couple of years back. So it could be it's already been reduced, but we won't know for another 23 months when the accounts are published. Do you have some inside information that it hasn't been discussed?

Then there are also the terms of his employment contract to consider. I'm assuming it isn't a fixed term contract and C-suite people often have 6-12 month notice periods so, unless we want to pay a golden handshake, any change will take time.

Fans don't have a weird obsession with Neill Blake. Well other than those on your "we8Blake" family WhatsApp group. Max was clearly happy with what he was paid and I'm sure Foley is looking at whether everyone is paid the right money. Why on earth wouldn't he?
There’s a fair few tweets about it Del. Just not from you and the Blakesheaven WhatsApp group on here….

As for why this is being addressed now it's simply because it's season ticket time.

Should they look at the CEO salary as well? Sure. Curious as to how you know they aren't since that table quotes figures from a couple of years back. So it could be it's already been reduced, but we won't know for another 23 months when the accounts are published. Do you have some inside information that it hasn't been discussed?

Then there are also the terms of his employment contract to consider. I'm assuming it isn't a fixed term contract and C-suite people often have 6-12 month notice periods so, unless we want to pay a golden handshake, any change will take time.
They haven’t told us. When the company I work for cut directors pay post Covid they announced it as did a lot of companies. If they’d done it the correct thing to do PR wise is reflect their own part in this ‘much needed’ profit drive that equates to a few weeks of Netos wages.

I don't know what the fuss is about. Clearly Demin thought Blake was worth the money. Foley will just cut his wages or get rid of him if he doesn't think he's worth the money. Foley is clearly not someone who is scared to implement cost and revenue changes is he.

If you look at the tables for the increased figures, the highest is in the consecutive seats at £131, otherwise it’s a concession in the centre block at £67.

So hopefully for the family block it won’t be as bad as you thought.
You have to pay much more to have consecutive seats?

There’s a fair few tweets about it Del. Just not from you and the Blakesheaven WhatsApp group on here….

I honestly could not give two shits about Neill Blake, what he gets paid or whether he is employed by the club or not. I just get extremely irritated by the incessant droning on you do about one bloke. A bloke who, if you were to be believed, is the most incompetent man who's ever had a job yet has been in charge through the most successful period of the club's history.

He probably isn't worth what he gets paid but that's for people who know what they are talking about to decide. You have demonstrated time and time again that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

They haven’t told us. When the company I work for cut directors pay post Covid they announced it as did a lot of companies. If they’d done it the correct thing to do PR wise is reflect their own part in this ‘much needed’ profit drive that equates to a few weeks of Netos wages.

So you don't know. Neither do I. This could have been dealt with but now you're upset because they haven't told you.

Maybe they've told NB take a 50% paycut or leave and he chose the latter, is working through his 12 months but invoked his right to privacy for that salary info not to be made public so he can try and get a job elsewhere. Unlike the directors at your company. Who can say.

As I said before, maybe they do think he is vastly overpaid (he is), but believe he's the best person to get the stadium through planning so will grit their teeth and swallow it for now.

It's still irrelevant to the ticket price rises which would have happened anyway.

I completely miss-read the initial communication, believing the women's tickets were included as a carrot to get more numbers in to see them, which I applauded... However, having understood properly now, that these are indeed compulsory purchase tickets on top of my NS £594 ST price, I am taking my applause back...

For me, the £14 is not the issue, it's the fact that it is being forced on everyone...and one of my overriding thoughts was 'how do the women's team feel about this'..? Having tickets to their games forced on ST holders...

Social media has had very mixed responses to this and you can imagine the twitter mob are out in force... One of the players from our women's team has already come out on twitter to say she's seen lots of derogatory posts aimed at them and shouldn't have to read a lot of the anti-women's game tripe she has had to in the last 24 hours...

To me, this was an inevitable reaction from a lot of fans (mainly because of how it has been forced on them) and something the club has clearly not taken into consideration... Potentially good intentions (although probably more about making more money), could have a very negative effect and push the women's team back a bit as a result...

Why they couldn't just have added the two women's games for free to all ST holders, and offer 1 home point to anyone attending is beyond me (or just included them in the price and made every ticket £14 more expensive, we'd have been one the wiser...)

Small steps people... A clear example where transparency has not worked in their favour...
For anyone who missed it.

This is an article analysing all the season ticket prices in the Premier League last season.

https://theathletic.com/3362484/2022/06/19/premier-league-season-tickets/?amp=1

Ironically, Newcastle was the only one not covered as their prices came out later.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/media/66671/season-ticket-price-list-2022-23.pdf
Thanks. I picked Newcastle because I wanted a non-top-6 team with a big capacity.

Again, I have no context, seems like the argument is more how it has been presented over the price itself, notwithstanding the C-O-L issues. If it were me, and I wasn't interested in the women's games, I'd probably just give the tickets to someone whose boy/girl would be happy to go to DC, get something from the shop, etc.. But then again, I'm not even sure if that's permitted.

They’ve missed an area in this root and branch overhaul though Del. Their pay. Funny that… still that’s alright sir, I know my place….
We don’t know that hasn’t been addressed though. They’re not going to issue a press release saying hey we’ve cut Blakes salary are they?

Forcing people to buy something is not generally a good way to go about getting those people interested in it and this is the issue here. Why couldn't the club have simply incentivised people to attend the women's games ie reduced price for season ticket holders or home points for non ST holders. This would have been far more effective and received almost universal support rather than the bad feeling they have generated with the approach they have just announced.

The idea that because you support the senior men's team you must also follow the women's team is also a strange one. Do all of our supporters go to academy and development squad games? People only have so much time and money and following the men's team home and away is a huge commitment without now also expecting people to pay for games they aren't interested in.

Last edited:
This is the sad by product of the s***show comms by the board. It’s not about the fact it’s the female game, other clubs have done it for Carling Cup or Europe ignoring the fact some season ticket holders struggle with midweek or don’t go to reserve team cup fixtures. We’ve picked another avenue. It’s the principle of mandating the financial participation in attendance.

Sadly now it’s given the misogynists ammo.

Crazy in its level of incompetence but not surprising.

We don’t know that hasn’t been addressed though. They’re not going to issue a press release saying hey we’ve cut Blakes salary are they?
We don’t! Maybe they are all now working voluntarily. Perhaps we should just limit this forum to talking about fact and not opinion?

You wrote a brilliant fanzine Rob. Embody that spirit!

So you don't know. Neither do I. This could have been dealt with but now you're upset because they haven't told you.

Maybe they've told NB take a 50% paycut or leave and he chose the latter, is working through his 12 months but invoked his right to privacy for that salary info not to be made public so he can try and get a job elsewhere. Unlike the directors at your company. Who can say.

As I said before, maybe they do think he is vastly overpaid (he is), but believe he's the best person to get the stadium through planning so will grit their teeth and swallow it for now.

It's still irrelevant to the ticket price rises which would have happened anyway.
I know ticket prices would rise anyway. It’s not an unfair assumption to make that a club that has paid top 7 exec salaries hasn’t suddenly changed course. I reject hitting fans in the pocket for games they wouldn’t attend when we have huge excesses in non playing positions. I won’t change your mind and you won’t change mine i doubt!

Because I don’t think he is worth it.

you don't think he's worth it, we get it
Max thought he was worth it
Eddie must have thought he was worth it, or at least doing a decent job
Bill thinks so too, up till now, and will get rid as soon as he doesn't
it really is that as simple......

can you add me to the we8blake whatsapp please, it must be hilarious albeit rather time consuming

you don't think he's worth it, we get it
Max thought he was worth it
Eddie must have thought he was worth it, or at least doing a decent job
Bill thinks so too, up till now, and will get rid as soon as he doesn't
it really is that as simple......

can you add me to the we8blake whatsapp please, it must be hilarious albeit rather time consuming
It’s an opinions forum. I don’t think the ceos of monopoly water boards are worth their salary. The people that employ them think they are worth it too. Doesn’t make my opinion any less. It’s my opinion. You have a different one, I also get that. Don’t reply and it doesn’t generate another response. Just leave me as an unread oddity. Job done.

We don’t! Maybe they are all now working voluntarily. Perhaps we should just limit this forum to talking about fact and not opinion?

You wrote a brilliant fanzine Rob. Embody that spirit!
I have said that I don't think they've gone about it the right way, and could have been handled much better.

Whether Blake stays or goes is of no concern to me.

Last edited:
I didn't actually read the bit below about the women's games initially to be honest, it's only when I've seen here and twitter later on that I saw the price in the table isn't actually what I'm paying. I just scrolled directly to the table and divided by 19 like I normally do.

As I'm sure others have said as I'm late to the party, surely the sensible thing would of just been to be honest about the price increase and say that it includes two ladies matches. A causal reader could easily be misled by that.

It's clearly a marketing tool to make it look a lower % increase but hiding behind the women's team to make anyone complaining about it look like a tool. Misleading the fans and putting the women's team in an awkward position. Just be honest about the increase.

;