ST’s - average 9.7% increase

I was only quoting your number. I took it as read you were right.

I’m also assuming they won’t be able to ask non season ticket holders to pay for two matches they won’t go to?

I get the price rise, the method is horrendous as is the comms.

All I’m saying is if you need money fine to go get it from all sources but why are fans so accepting of this stat and not asking why it’s not the first source of profit growth . I also know there’s nothing any of us can do about any of it!
View attachment 10820
isn't the amount in the picture the total for all directors of the club at the time so split between 3? at a guess

I didn't actually read the bit below about the women's games initially to be honest, it's only when I've seen here and twitter later on that I saw the price in the table isn't actually what I'm paying. I just scrolled directly to the table and divided by 19 like I normally do.

As I'm sure others have said as I'm late to the party, surely the sensible thing would of just been to be honest about the price increase and say that it includes two ladies matches. A causal reader could easily be misled by that.

It's clearly a marketing tool to make it look a lower % increase but hiding behind the women's team to make anyone complaining about it look like a tool. Misleading the fans and putting the women's team in an awkward position. Just be honest about the increase.

This exactly.

It’s an opinions forum. I don’t think the ceos of monopoly water boards are worth their salary. The people that employ them think they are worth it too. Doesn’t make my opinion any less. It’s my opinion. You have a different one, I also get that. Don’t reply and it doesn’t generate another response. Just leave me as an unread oddity. Job done.

so that's a no to adding me to the whatsapp group?
you don't have to answer....

I didn't actually read the bit below about the women's games initially to be honest, it's only when I've seen here and twitter later on that I saw the price in the table isn't actually what I'm paying. I just scrolled directly to the table and divided by 19 like I normally do.

As I'm sure others have said as I'm late to the party, surely the sensible thing would of just been to be honest about the price increase and say that it includes two ladies matches. A causal reader could easily be misled by that.

It's clearly a marketing tool to make it look a lower % increase but hiding behind the women's team to make anyone complaining about it look like a tool. Misleading the fans and putting the women's team in an awkward position. Just be honest about the increase.
And this is what anyone with a modicum of intelligence would have pointed out in a board meeting.

Me too

I think comparing a headline increase as lower than other prem clubs that is excluding the forced ladies ticket cost is genuinely misleading

As an exile, a home game is like an away trip so I am unlikely to do a 5 hour trip to watch the ladies match. I have seen 2 ladies games and they have been very enjoyable but logistics meant I could do something else while on the south coast. Unless logistics work, highly likely i won’t be able to attend these matches so I am paying £14 for what?

No need for social media abuse of the ladies team. Women’s football is making great strides. Just reinforces my view that social media is a place to avoid.

I agree with the general theme that this is just the start of increases across all aspects of the club. I'm expecting shirts to go up to £60 so to copy the clubs decision to re-use existing ST's I'll reuse last season's shirt which incidentally will can el out the ST increase.. Matchday ticket prices will increase and probably the £3 handling charge. I'm expecting beer prices to increase, food prices to increase and program prices to increase. Most will suck it up but others will have that extra pint in the QP, or not bother buying a pie or do without the program. I think the downside to having American owners I'd they don't understand the traditions of English football supporters and we are going to see more Americanism experiences such as flags and clappers. It's a journey we're just going to have ride if we want to continue to watch our team. Be prepared to dig deep for the 'AFCeeeeee.....Booouuuurne...mowf experience-aganza ' USA stylie.
Just to add they can have my 2x ladies tickets back to sell on. Oh, they won't want them will they? There'll be more enough empty seats to want those back

Last edited:
Just to add they can have my 2x ladies tickets back to sell on. Oh, they won't want them will they? There'll be more enough empty seats to want those back
Not sure there will. If 10,000(?) season ticket holders who may or may not want them have got the bulk of the seats, there might not be enough empty seats for all the potential new fans to get walk-ons. So if you have a "return tickets to club for resale" policy, you might have a chance.

I definitely won't be interested in the add on for the ladies matches.
At least the chairman hasn't said"if you don't like it, go and watch those ladies up the road"

Not sure there will. If 10,000(?) season ticket holders who may or may not want them have got the bulk of the seats, there might not be enough empty seats for all the potential new fans to get walk-ons. So if you have a "return tickets to club for resale" policy, you might have a chance.

Season tickets are about 6,000. Dotted around all four stands, but mainly the main stand, north stand, half of the east stand and some of the south stand.

For the most recent ladies match, which was a record of 3,000 or so. This used one and a half stands. So there will be plenty of seats available even with all the season ticket holders seats being, let’s say, allocated.

So another issue is the club will have to open all of the stands with the increased operating costs of running the concourses and stewards etc. instead of using just two stands for example.

The more I think about it the more and more I think it just hasn’t been that well thought through.

10,000 season ticket holders? Our ground currently barely holds 10,000.

It’s just weird. It raises 300k apparently. If we need the money that bad we’ve waved goodbye to 6m by tossing it off the last three games. Or our CEO could take a paycut from 2m to 1.7m still be paid more than pretty much every other PL top dog.

I get the price freeze, which was always a reflection of how little our attendance meant vs the tv money, has gone on a long time. I’m just not sure, as we’ve ascertained we don’t need that 300k, that a cost of living crisis is the time to ask people to pay for two women’s matches when we are all free to go watch a woman’s match when we want. Small price rise on tickets for matches you are going to see I kind of get although again this revenue could be got quicker elsewhere.

Im not surprised the usual few disagree with me but I would be surprised if more of the fan base don’t think like me.
Totally agree. 300k is 0.0025% of our income.

This stinks of “we’ve done it because others have”.

;