Summer transfer rumours

OUT - Gradel, Adobe, Grabban, Federici, Cargill, Allsop, Matthews, Harfield, Quigley etc plus Wiggins retired. IN - Brooks.

Hmm ....
Nothing wrong with clearing out deadwood, and young players who need to be allowed to build their careers at lower levels. Why have all that on our books with a handful of games between them last season.

Of course we need a few in as well, certainly a couple of starting 11 players and probably a couple of squad players.

Blandford - it represents a clearance of the wider playing staff and of younger players on the fringes - something many fans have been calling for. It’s also a slice off the long-term wage bill (several players having been on loan). It makes space for incomings but all we have so far is Brooks.

The number of outgoings suggests a definite strategy of pruning the staff and the costs. All OK - but time is not on our side for quality acquisitions. The last thing we want is a rush to sign leftovers in the last few days of the window. No more Marc Wilsons please.

Blandford - it represents a clearance of the wider playing staff and of younger players on the fringes - something many fans have been calling for. It’s also a slice off the long-term wage bill (several players having been on loan). It makes space for incomings but all we have so far is Brooks.

The number of outgoings suggests a definite strategy of pruning the staff and the costs. All OK - but time is not on our side for quality acquisitions. The last thing we want is a rush to sign leftovers in the last few days of the window. No more Marc Wilsons please.

I agree with your point, Langham. But "No more Marc Wilsons please" illustrates an issue that the club, and the fans have.

People on here are calling for us to sign cover for Francis and Smith - but finding someone of the quality we want who is prepared to wait patiently for their chance is not easy. On paper, Marc Wilson was ideal for the job - a utility player who could potentially cover several positions - but it didn't work out.

You are left with the options of "seasoned pro out for one last contract" or "untried youngster who may turn out to be a diamond" - not everybody in the squad can play week in, week out.

massive pool of quality additions still available, and there'll be even more the more signings the other top 12 pl clubs make to push players down pecking orders and reduce their playing time

plenty of time, no panic

Agreed - no panic. But worrying if our key targets don’t show up at DC and the defence and DM areas remain thin. Looking for news when the squad get back from La Manga.

From a transfer rumour site.

Has this been mentioned before without going back through the thread?

28 Jun 2018 15:58:17
AFC Bournemouth have made an offer of £4million for defender Hiroki Sakai of Japan and Olympique de Marseille. This will also tie in with a friendly that has recently been arranged between the two clubs.
Bournemouth are also thought to be offering Danny Ings terms for next season too.

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/bournemouth-rumours.php

I would imagine there are many fingers in many pies as we all type... No need for panic stations yet... The general word has always been that things will start to gather pace after the WC has finished...

Getting the likes of Afobe, Grabbs and Gradel off the books has been a long time coming...

I would imagine there are many fingers in many pies as we all type... No need for panic stations yet... The general word has always been that things will start to gather pace after the WC has finished...

Getting the likes of Afobe, Grabbs and Gradel off the books has been a long time coming...

Indeed we've been trying to sell Grabban on a permanent deal since last summer (and again in Jan). Gradel was also linked with permanent moves last summer before his loan. Afobe we inserted an automatic purchase in the likely event of promotion into his Wolves loan contract back in Jan. Those outgoings have indeed been months in the making, not a knee-jerk cost reduction.

From a transfer rumour site.

Has this been mentioned before without going back through the thread?

28 Jun 2018 15:58:17
AFC Bournemouth have made an offer of £4million for defender Hiroki Sakai of Japan and Olympique de Marseille. This will also tie in with a friendly that has recently been arranged between the two clubs.
Bournemouth are also thought to be offering Danny Ings terms for next season too.

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/bournemouth-rumours.php

I believe this one originates from the depths of the devious mind of his Lordship... one of his fictitious transfer stories that he likes to create each summer (and he often manages to get a few other sites and even newspapers to take them up and run with them... on the basis of no evidence, but hey that doesn't matter nowadays).

I believe this one originates from the depths of the devious mind of his Lordship... one of his fictitious transfer stories that he likes to create each summer (and he often manages to get a few other sites and even newspapers to take them up and run with them... on the basis of no evidence, but hey that doesn't matter nowadays).

I notice Palace are interested in the £12 million, £50,000 a week defender according to the Evening Standard, also Brighton and Leicester but not sure about the figure being asked.

Seems the player would be interested in playing in England.

I'm pretty convinced that we have at least a couple of deals all sorted out already....they will be confirmed when back from Spain....

I can’t help it.
I love reading all these speculative posts about new signings.
I have supported AFCB for a long time, and I think it has always been the same......until the ink is dry on a contract absolutely no comment is made by the club or Eddie.
But all the postings make interesting reading.

I do hope you’re right....

It's only guess work obviously but based on previous years, we know nothing and then we get a press release about a signing from out of nowhere.

I can't believe we would be the only teams trying to get Lerma and Mepham and since we had those rumours [ including from semi reliable Twitter sources ], there has been nothing. Not even other clubs bidding for either. So *maybe* those are two that are agreed, with the proviso that their clubs say nothing yet.

;