Summer transfer rumours

Bournemouth chase Senegal international Opa NGuette
Senegal international set for England move

Bournemouth have made a surprise bid for Senegalese international forward Opa N'Guette, in a deal believed to be worth 4.5 million euros. The French-born versatile attacker has been with Metz since 2016, prior to which he played for Valenciennes for four years.

The former French youth international has caught the eye this season with some impressive displays for the French club and Bournemouth are to make a bid under the noses of French Ligue 1 rivals Marseille, who are understood to have also been in contact with the player and his agents.

N'guette scored his first goal in a World Cup qualifier against South Africa last year and has since impressed on the domestic stage for Metz, with many clubs deploying clubs to monitor his improvement in recent months. Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has been quick to ensure that he can sign the 23-year-old before the interest of other teams during the hectic transfer window.

Opa N'guette has two years remaining on his current deal at the French side.

Bournemouth chase Senegal international Opa NGuette
Senegal international set for England move

Bournemouth have made a surprise bid for Senegalese international forward Opa N'Guette, in a deal believed to be worth 4.5 million euros. The French-born versatile attacker has been with Metz since 2016, prior to which he played for Valenciennes for four years.

The former French youth international has caught the eye this season with some impressive displays for the French club and Bournemouth are to make a bid under the noses of French Ligue 1 rivals Marseille, who are understood to have also been in contact with the player and his agents.

N'guette scored his first goal in a World Cup qualifier against South Africa last year and has since impressed on the domestic stage for Metz, with many clubs deploying clubs to monitor his improvement in recent months. Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has been quick to ensure that he can sign the 23-year-old before the interest of other teams during the hectic transfer window.

Opa N'guette has two years remaining on his current deal at the French side.
Is this one article or two? I ask only because the first part states we’ve made a bid, the second part says we are to make a bid.

A forward? Hope he is a ‘versatile wide attacker’ last thing we need is more players complaining they aren’t the no. 9. If only €4.5m would be an interesting gamble as a Gradel replacement, especially considering Stan’s injuries

That is a lot of money!

This has the potential to be a real gamble this year, balancing out the potential spend on infrastructure against the team.

Is the 'old guard' good enough for one more season with support of existing younger players coming through or do we hold off spend on the stadium and refresh the team?

I guess only time will tell unless there is truth in the rumours around a deal with Structadean.

West Brom are also looking to get 10m out of Burnley for Craig Dawson.
For that price we should be all over that like a rash. We won't find a better and more proven central defender, who also brings captain/leadership qualities, and versatility in right back cover, for such a price. We'd still have change out of selling Afobe.

Get on it Eddie, or will you let Dyche have him unchallenged?

I think we will see some different players in the starting 11 compared to last year, but I wonder if some of them will be our current "younger" players who have been gradually working their way in.
As long as the quality improves, I don't much care whether the players come from our own squad or someone else's.
Eddie isn't going to bring someone in at this point unless they're going to improve on what we already have.

well, I've just watched him on youtube and he looks a bit crappy

That is a lot of money!

This has the potential to be a real gamble this year, balancing out the potential spend on infrastructure against the team.

Is the 'old guard' good enough for one more season with support of existing younger players coming through or do we hold off spend on the stadium and refresh the team?

I guess only time will tell unless there is truth in the rumours around a deal with Structadean.

That would be a disaster and we'll never reach our full potential if that does happen because the present Dean Court isn't fit for purpose any more, I thought the powers that be had already decided that!

The stadium will be financed separately. It would take longer than a millennial affording a house by giving up avacado for us to cover all the costs with current income.

Once we start repaying the loans, that’s when the playing budget might be compromised. Of course, we’d hope the extra revenue streams would cover that

;