Summer transfers

Realistically that means Notts Forest’s various loan players and the Huddersfield team. Of those, Djed Spence looked error prone and was caught in possession several times. Hard to say how good Keinan Davis is as, for me, he didn’t look match fit and, in any case, we have Kieffer Moore. Zinckernagel is OK but no more.

The potential is there with Sorba Thomas, and he offers good dead ball ability - but is that any better than Jaidon Anthony at free kicks and corners? Lewis O’Brien is talented but not sure where and how he would fit in to the way we play, Toffolo is OK and, despite the own goal, Colwill is a great prospect but I can’t see Chelsea selling him. I don’t see the point of taking a player that age on loan in the Premier League unless with an option to buy.

Last edited:
Realistically that means Notts Forest’s various loan players and the Huddersfield team. Of those, Djed Spence looked error prone and was caught in possession several times. Hard to say how good Keinan Davis is as, for me, he didn’t look match fit and, in any case, we have Kieffer Moore. Zinckernagel is OK but no more.

The potential is there with Sorba Thomas, and he offers good dead ball ability - but is that any better than Jaidon Anthony at free kicks and corners? Lewis O’Brien is talented but not sure where and how he would fit in to the way we play, Toffolo is OK and, despite the own goal, Colwill is a great prospect but I can’t see Chelsea selling him. I don’t see the point of taking a player that age on loan in the Premier League unless with an option to buy.
Toffolo I think is a free transfer, so he'd be good competition for JZ. Djed Spence is wanted by Spurs, so not worth the big price tag. Sorba Thomas does no work off the ball when the other team has possession, doesn't even close players down.

Let's be honest, part of Parkers contract clause is that he gets to spend a fair pile of cash on transfers.......if he 'gets us up'

He got us up.

He had his moments, mind you , not £89m's worth.

Think he joins the 'waste of money' club alongside Sanchez,Maguire et al !

Forest think they have Rothwell. Mind you , scroll down and it looks like they are signing anyone with a pulse.https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2...st-beat-rangers-in-race-to-sign-joe-rothwell/
If you're Rothwell you aren't going to put much weight on how ourselves and Forest got there, all that matters is we're both PL.

He wouldn't be first choice here at the moment. I've no idea how our wages would compare to Forest but none of us want AFCB to go over the top in that regard either.

If Forest want him more than us I suspect they can get him.

If you're Rothwell you aren't going to put much weight on how ourselves and Forest got there, all that matters is we're both PL.

He wouldn't be first choice here at the moment. I've no idea how our wages would compare to Forest but none of us want AFCB to go over the top in that regard either.

If Forest want him more than us I suspect they can get him.

Wasn;t particularly excited by the prospect of signing him. 28 in Jan, never played higher than Blackburn, was still playing League 1 in mid twenties.

Could be a decent signing of course in the end, particularly on a free (but sizeable signing on fee no doubt), but think we need and could do better tbh.

;