Summer transfers

I can see on various threads some are getting a bit touchy about us potentially not spending much money this window? Can anyone quote what we spent before our first PL season? That didn’t turn out too badly.

I’ve always thought our current squad is more set up for the PL that’s we perhaps thought our 15/16 squad was, obviously time will tell.

I’m probably missing someone but aside from King and Distin did we add to the squad that got promoted? (Atsu and Iturbe loans ring a bell too)

Off the top of my head, Max Gradel and Tyrone Mings.

We spent the last 2-3 years being quite austere, until the moment in Jan where Max saw the finish line and felt we could use a little push - then suddenly we let the purse strings go.

With some free transfers and us not immediately jumping to Liverpool's valuation on this one, maybe we are reigning things in a little compared to the last PL stint. And that's ok. Transfer fees have only continued to inflate, perhaps beyond what Max feels comfortable with.

I can see on various threads some are getting a bit touchy about us potentially not spending much money this window? Can anyone quote what we spent before our first PL season? That didn’t turn out too badly.

I’ve always thought our current squad is more set up for the PL that’s we perhaps thought our 15/16 squad was, obviously time will tell.

I’m probably missing someone but aside from King and Distin did we add to the squad that got promoted? (Atsu and Iturbe loans ring a bell too)

Lys Mousset and Lewis Cook amongst others.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=359&teamTabs=transfers&season_id=145

Last edited:
First season we spent a lot (£17M) in the Jan window on Afobe and Grabban to fill in for the loss of Wilson and Gradel. Also King was injured for a while. Signed Iturbe on loan as well.

It doesn't bother me that we're not spending loads either. Anyway, we may be saving up for one more expensive player like Phillips. We overspent before and had to recoup when we got relegated. Better to be careful I think.

Either the Board/Management are happy with what we have without the need to buy expensive players who may not get established. Or, as said above, a small number of freebies or low fees and one high fee player. We don't see as much detail of the squad as Parker and his gang do. We have to trust Scott!

See Fulham are ready to splash the cash.

Fulham interested in Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Palhinha and are expected to bid for the player.

The valuation for the Portugal international is thought to be in the region of £20m.

The newly-promoted Premier League club also want to sign Shakhtar Donetsk winger Manor Solomon. His valuation is believed to be £7m.

Fulham also in the market for a right-back and are still waiting for an answer from Wolfsburg to their €10m bid for Kevin Mbabu.

;