Summer transfers

Championship all day long. Premier league I don't think so.
He’s had 2 PL seasons and hit double figures in both. In our 5 PL seasons all of our strikers combined only managed a total of 2 double figure goal totals over an entire season. If you don’t think he’s PL standard then not sure how Wilson or King were ever PL standard either! I’d be ecstatic if either Solanke or Moore managed to hit 11 goals next season.

Think we’re done now
I struggle to see that the current squad is exactly what Parker et all would want going into a PL season. Whether the standard of player we want is available at the price point we need is a different question. But I would worry going into the season without a couple of additions, most notably defence.

Kelly, Mepham, Stacey, Smith, Zemura, Frederick's, Rossi...the new guy from Fleetwood.

Really only need one solid central defender that will start with PL experience.

A couple of the loanees from last season would have been adequate cover. Leif Davis, Laird for example.

Parker loves signing players.......don't panic.

We will sign a lot of loanees.

Kelly, Mepham, Stacey, Smith, Zemura, Frederick's, Rossi...the new guy from Fleetwood.

Really only need one solid central defender that will start with PL experience.

A couple of the loanees from last season would have been adequate cover. Leif Davis, Laird for example.

Parker loves signing players.......don't panic.

We will sign a lot of loanees.

I agree no time to panic, but pretty sure we can only play 2 loanees in the Premier League so I don't think that will be a market we will be relying on.

He’s had 2 PL seasons and hit double figures in both. In our 5 PL seasons all of our strikers combined only managed a total of 2 double figure goal totals over an entire season. If you don’t think he’s PL standard then not sure how Wilson or King were ever PL standard either! I’d be ecstatic if either Solanke or Moore managed to hit 11 goals next season.
Not quite true,
King got 16 in 2016/17.
King got 12 in 18/19,
Wilson got 14 in 18/19.

Also Wilson would have romped into double figures in 2015/16 but for his injury - he hit 5 from just 9 games.
Having said that we were a team that relied on many to score, particularly from out wide, Ritchie, Brooks, Weeshit, Pugh, Stanislas. Full backs always notched up a few as well.

Not quite true,
King got 16 in 2016/17.
King got 12 in 18/19,
Wilson got 14 in 18/19.

Also Wilson would have romped into double figures in 2015/16 but for his injury - he hit 5 from just 9 games.
Having said that we were a team that relied on many to score, particularly from out wide, Ritchie, Brooks, Weeshit, Pugh, Stanislas. Full backs always notched up a few as well.
Stand corrected on King, forgot that he had hit double figures twice.

Re Wilson, he would have romped to double figures in all of the 7 seasons he had played in the top flight if he had stayed injury free, issue is that he can’t stay injury free. Always found it slightly strange that when evaluating how good a player is that ability to stay fit is never taken into the equation. What good is a player if they can’t stay fit consistently? For me Puki would be the better player of the 2 as he can actually stay fit for long enough to get into double figures.

Stand corrected on King, forgot that he had hit double figures twice.

Re Wilson, he would have romped to double figures in all of the 7 seasons he had played in the top flight if he had stayed injury free, issue is that he can’t stay injury free. Always found it slightly strange that when evaluating how good a player is that ability to stay fit is never taken into the equation. What good is a player if they can’t stay fit consistently? For me Puki would be the better player of the 2 as he can actually stay fit for long enough to get into double figures.
Fitness is crucial of course, Wilson suffered badly with knee problems primarily in his first 2 season. However in the final 3 seasons he actually started 84 games averaging 28 games a season- not too bad at all.
In his 5 PL seasons he scored 41 in 109 starts - a goal every 2.65 games, Pukki scored 22 in 70 starts - a goal every 3.18 games.
Where I rate Wilson much more highly than Pukki is his ability as a team player and bringing in other players to score although that may partly be a reflection on the standard of Norwich's other players !!!
Looking at Wilsons games at Newcastle 20 goals in 39 games is not bad going at all - ended up top score in both seasons.

Surely we need to make a couple more signings of premier League quality?
The two we've made so far are alright and they're frees so can't complain too much but if we are serious about staying up we need a few quality additions

;