Summer transfers

Hey KK, I don't know if you are a betting man or not, but based on your predictions, why don't you go for a treble : AFCB to be relegated and Forest & Fulham to stay up ?

I reckon you'd get a decent price at the bookies for that, and it would keep things interesting as the season progresses.

A pal of mine who worked at the Club told me, even when Eddie was here, that Ritchie wanted to return but Eddie didn't want him.
UTC

Oh, OK. So you think, of the three promoted teams, that Forest have the best chance of staying up ?
Gut instinct yes. They are making some good signings and have a very good manager, can see them finishing mid table. Would fancy us, Fulham and Brentford to go down as it currently stands.

They also have the player who scored the 5th most goals in the bundesliga last season, they have just signed one of the best defenders from that league too. Fulham have signed a 20m pound international Portuguese midfielder and Leeds have just signed a winger from Holland who scored 26 and assisted 14. I genuinely believe that if Parker keeps us up it will be an achievement that matches Leicester’s title win, not sure how we can be expected to compete with this in all honesty.

this sounds rather like pre-season bedwetting.....
who do we know who was prone to that sort of thing?

this sounds rather like pre-season bedwetting.....
who do we know who was prone to that sort of thing?
Didn’t you yourself say that we’d be lucky to win a corner this season? Not bed wetting, just being realistic. I think the top level is evolving to the point that you need serious financial clout to even stand a chance, personally I’m not a fan of it anyway and quite like the idea of being a yo yo club and investing in infrastructure when possible.

I wouldn’t do that as I believe Fulham are likely to get relegated.

so do a three-fold; us and fulham to go down and the notts forest to stay up

you could then, throughout the season, bleat on endlessly about how poor we are, parker is useless and how brilliant notts forest and their manager are, and, for arguments sake, tell us repeatedly how much money you stand to make on your bet

just a thought.....

Didn’t you yourself say that we’d be lucky to win a corner this season? Not bed wetting, just being realistic. I think the top level is evolving to the point that you need serious financial clout to even stand a chance, personally I’m not a fan of it anyway and quite like the idea of being a yo yo club and investing in infrastructure when possible.

I said that, yes, but don't really feel the need to bang on about it
I'd rather be relatively unsuccessful than throw the kitchen sink at it and compromise the finances
you seem to be dissatisfied with our apparent lack of transfer activity despite stating that you don't care if we go down, which is a bit odd
I agree with you on the infrastructure bit

I said that, yes, but don't really feel the need to bang on about it
I'd rather be relatively unsuccessful than throw the kitchen sink at it and compromise the finances
you seem to be dissatisfied with our apparent lack of transfer activity despite stating that you don't care if we go down, which is a bit odd
I agree with you on the infrastructure bit
Not dissatisfied, just commenting that it will be very hard to compete without significant investment. Not sure I’ve been banging on about it either, made one comment and have responded to others who countered what I had said. Anyway, you are right, it’s pointless discussing it endlessly so we will just have to see.

They also have the player who scored the 5th most goals in the bundesliga last season, they have just signed one of the best defenders from that league too. Fulham have signed a 20m pound international Portuguese midfielder and Leeds have just signed a winger from Holland who scored 26 and assisted 14. I genuinely believe that if Parker keeps us up it will be an achievement that matches Leicester’s title win, not sure how we can be expected to compete with this in all honesty.
Rose tinted glasses on everyone else but I’m sure if we made those signings you’d say we are signing unproven foreign players.

Rose tinted glasses on everyone else but I’m sure if we made those signings you’d say we are signing unproven foreign players.
Any player we sign is going to be unproven at PL level, if they were proven then they wouldn’t be coming to us. The exception being players in the latter stages of their career.

Not dissatisfied, just commenting that it will be very hard to compete without significant investment. Not sure I’ve been banging on about it either, made one comment and have responded to others who countered what I had said. Anyway, you are right, it’s pointless discussing it endlessly so we will just have to see.

Statistically it’s always been the play off winner that has struggled the most as they have lost 3 weeks preparation time. Forest have lost several key players already. Really not sure why you are so obsessed with them or constantly back them Waz.

Out of interest ‘without significant investment’ what’s the value of our team currently compared to forest’s and the amount of players we have with previous PL experience compared to them? You seem to have all the stats.

You’re completely blinkered, mate.

Statistically it’s always been the play off winner that has struggled the most as they have lost 3 weeks preparation time. Forest have lost several key players already. Really not sure why you are so obsessed with them or constantly back them Waz.

Out of interest ‘without significant investment’ what’s the value of our team currently compared to forest’s and the amount of players we have with previous PL experience compared to them? You seem to have all the stats.

The grass is always greener in Sherwood Forest dont you know

Not sure there’s any need for that, it’s just an opinion. Like I said, we will see. We do have significantly more experience than them but it doesn’t necessarily equate to quality. We had next to no PL experience in 14/15 and survived. If we are to make a few more quality signings then the outlook might be different, but as it currently stands we are facing a monumental task.

Oh christ kingwaz has started.
Unproven players from European leagues, that's worked well for Fulham and other clubs in the past. I mean scoring 26 goals in the Dutch league really, I'm quaking.
Keeping us up is a bigger achievement than Leicester winning the league, are you serious.
I suggest you put another bet on Forest

Throw in the fact that the main body of Forrest's squad that got them promoted were loanees, they were always going to have to spend big just to stand still. Spence, Garner, Zinckernagel and Davis were the spine of the team last season and have all gone.

Throw in the fact that the main body of Forrest's squad that got them promoted were loanees, they were always going to have to spend big just to stand still. Spence, Garner, Zinckernagel and Davis were the spine of the team last season and have all gone.

Samba on his way too

Gut instinct yes. They are making some good signings and have a very good manager, can see them finishing mid table. Would fancy us, Fulham and Brentford to go down as it currently stands.

Are you worried or a pessimist?
On a personal note my view is that we#ll be ok especially if Zamora and his close pal stay together. In SP I'm beginning to think he's an OK guy and I'm beginning to think 'In SP we trust' yets I'm a full on Optimist.

UTC

Not sure there’s any need for that, it’s just an opinion. Like I said, we will see. We do have significantly more experience than them but it doesn’t necessarily equate to quality. We had next to no PL experience in 14/15 and survived. If we are to make a few more quality signings then the outlook might be different, but as it currently stands we are facing a monumental task.

We have a few very special lads in my book and as long as we don't break up the team by other predators wanting my favs my thoughts are that we'll do OK and surprise a few of them. To get City and L'pool out of the way 'early doors' is good and after all it's only eleven men v eleven! and I won't have to hold my breath any more. I hope Kiefer more will start, what a giant of a guy he is!
UTC

;