Summer transfers

We are well and truly f****d let’s be honest, I’m sure you will all accuse me of bed wetting but it’s the reality. We are have next to no pace or creativity in this team, about six central midfielders and three right backs. We have one left back who will be on his way out, if he gets injured then we have to play our best attacker so far there. I wasn’t expecting much from this window but this is just totally desperate. We haven’t given ourselves even a remote chance of surviving.

We are well and truly f****d let’s be honest, I’m sure you will all accuse me of bed wetting but it’s the reality. We are have next to no pace or creativity in this team, about six central midfielders and three right backs. We have one left back who will be on his way out, if he gets injured then we have to play our best attacker so far there. I wasn’t expecting much from this window but this is just totally desperate. We haven’t given ourselves even a remote chance of surviving.
Maybe getting to the PL this season was financially more important than spending the money to stay there ? Have you not considered that possibility ?
It seems clear that Max sees avoiding relegation as a bonus and not a requirement. Has the penny not dropped yet ???

Or beating Derbys points record, you missed that out

And so it boils down to two camps. Those who think our players are shît and can’t keep us up and those who have faith.
I think we can stay up but it will be harder as a result of this window. The left back situation is worrying unless we move Tavernier there if/when JZ gets injured suspended or loses form and we didn’t bring in the pace we wanted so have to seriously stop trying to play counter attacking football. We will also need a very shrewd manager. There were some better fixes we could have done in the last four months but we’ve ended up with a squad over balanced with right backs and we’ve got more number 8’s than a Riley’s pool hall. But in terms of having faith we always will at matches, if not on message boards until it’s too late.

Your becoming a parody of yourself mate . Honestly can’t see how you get so many bites …but fair play they bite every time .

Yes we know what you think . You don't have to keep posting the same quotes on numerous threads . It's just rinse and repeat, mind numbing posting and it's turning this forum into a mess. The people who read your posts will remember them and maybe respond to them , they haven't forgotten that you're still here .

Jesus H C you demur people. You ain’t instilling any positivity into the team. It is what it is, deal with it, live with it AND SUPPORT THE LADS. They need to know we are behind them and any of them reading this thread….

Can’t finish the rant, too angry with most of you, sherry talks….

UTCIAD

Maybe getting to the PL this season was financially more important than spending the money to stay there ? Have you not considered that possibility ?
It seems clear that Max sees avoiding relegation as a bonus and not a requirement. Has the penny not dropped yet ???

Getting promoted gave us a minimum 3 years in effect to manoeuvre, even in a worse case scenario.
This year, then the 2 parachute year payments.
Going down this year will set us back just the one year.
So last year was far more important.
We are in good position now in that we can afford to be relegated and already have a good squad to return. So in effect avoiding relegation is a free hit.
There are a few sides of similar quality to us who maybe have overspent or can't afford to go down. The pressure will be on them.

Criticism of the team is as warranted as that levelled at the manager if they haven't given 100% in the games so far...
.. if we don't criticise them ..or it doesn't reach them they will carry on in the same way ..their Ego's will not be dented....and they will not endeavour to improve....some pressure of sorts must be exerted on them from some quarter !

Last edited:
Getting promoted gave us a minimum 3 years in effect to manoeuvre, even in a worse case scenario.
This year, then the 2 parachute year payments.
Going down this year will set us back just the one year.
So last year was far more important.
We are in good position now in that we can afford to be relegated and already have a good squad to return. So in effect avoiding relegation is a free hit.
There are a few sides of similar quality to us who maybe have overspent or can't afford to go down. The pressure will be on them.
Well spotted Leeds Cherry :thumbup:

I think we can stay up but it will be harder as a result of this window. The left back situation is worrying unless we move Tavernier there if/when JZ gets injured suspended or loses form and we didn’t bring in the pace we wanted so have to seriously stop trying to play counter attacking football. We will also need a very shrewd manager. There were some better fixes we could have done in the last four months but we’ve ended up with a squad over balanced with right backs and we’ve got more number 8’s than a Riley’s pool hall. But in terms of having faith we always will at matches, if not on message boards until it’s too late.
Could we play Kelly at Left Back. How fast is Stephens? We need a quick CB hence why Kelly is good there at the moment. I think Tav could fill in at left back. Wonder if Christie could too. I've never been very impressed by his defending, but last night I thought he was superb in some of 'them moments'.

;