Swansea City v AFC Bournemouth - League Cup Second Round

I agree with the general premise that a win like this probably builds more character than a 2 or 3 nil stroll. Adds further credence for me that AI is pretty good at changing games when needed (other than Spurs). We were mostly excellent in the second half, Swansea didn’t really offer all that much. Didn’t really deserve either of their goals imo. There’s no god given right to win these games so a well earned, deserved victory in the end.

Only negative is we had 10 corners and didn't really sound like threatening from any of them. Need to rectify that, but again what a great job in coming back; bodes well for Saturday.

I don’t know why we don’t go for the simple deep cross and header knockdown approach more often. Usually causes chaos and is the only time we ever look remotely threatening.

I have many happy memories of Swansea away.

I can't recall a defeat there whilst watching...Could well be wrong.

1-1 at the Vetch some Friday night.

1-2 With the two Joe's. Little Dibs 1st away game.

0-3 New years Eve 2016??

I feel there's others, but age, beer and goggles distorts this stuff.

Morale boosting win. But this season is going to be a struggle unless we can recruit another striker before the window shuts. Moore is not even really a viable option as a starter, and Solanke just won’t ever have the cutting edge required. Where are the goals going to come from? It’s a concern and it really needs to be addressed before the window shuts.

Morale boosting win. But this season is going to be a struggle unless we can recruit another striker before the window shuts. Moore is not even really a viable option as a starter, and Solanke just won’t ever have the cutting edge required. Where are the goals going to come from? It’s a concern and it really needs to be addressed before the window shuts.
From what I listened to, Dom changed the game.
Moore is as you say, not a viable option.

A good result, it could have been a banana skin for us so well done AI and the lads. Onwards to the next round and another win at Brentford on Saturday.

I don’t know where the goals are going to come from. We only scored 3 tonight.

Unfortunately, and I stress unfortunately, this is another game that we are very likely to lose. This is because we do not have enough players to fully rotate and so, will be utilising a few U21's. Also Swansea will be more up for it, they are at home and will field a stronger side.
Hmm......

Had ticket but finished too late from work to drive up there…missed a good game I reckon so bit gutted…well done DB7 on his goal and the manager for turning around the second half…

;