Taking The Knee

If the Left Wing simpletons keep up this pressure ....we will shortly get the Right Wing simpletons retaliating....the hot months of July /August nearly upon us......it will probably get Very Nasty!
- bordering on Enoch Powell's Rivers of Blood?
Kids have already had their Education and Leisure impacted by Covid.
How impressed will they be with the behaviour of Adults.....and so what will they, in the long-term, turn into ?

The second KBG post suggests I haven't misinterpreted.

Point I was making was that the death of an unarmed, and handcuffed, person seems to have benefited just about everybody apart from Floyd, who is still dead.

Given the choice between being a martyr and being alive I'm sure Floyd would have chosen the latter.

Guns or not, it beggars belief that nobody tried to intervene and the police were allowed to get away with it.

How we got from an unarmed man being murdered in cold blood to Poole Quay is beyond me.

Point I was making was that the death of an unarmed, and handcuffed, person seems to have benefited just about everybody apart from Floyd, who is still dead.

Given the choice between being a martyr and being alive I'm sure Floyd would have chosen the latter.

Guns or not, it beggars belief that nobody tried to intervene and the police were allowed to get away with it.

How we got from an unarmed man being murdered in cold blood to Poole Quay is beyond me.

Seriously, watch the video. You think anyone could have stopped them? Seriously? I agree with others, you've seriously misjudged this one.

As to your choice, if there is a long term change and a real effort to stop racism in all its forms which has been around for centuries following this "last straw", I wonder whether he would truly have chosen to be that symbol.

Turns out the utter coward who decided to film instead of manhandle four burly armed policemen off the victim was a 17 year old girl who was looking aftet her 9 year old cousin.

Good article actually. Really captures how much of a brilliant thing it is if you're lucky enough to hit the jackpot and bag some footage of the police murdering someone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-52942519

Turns out the utter coward who decided to film instead of manhandle four burly armed policemen off the victim was a 17 year old girl who was looking aftet her 9 year old cousin.

Good article actually. Really captures how much of a brilliant thing it is if you're lucky enough to hit the jackpot and bag some footage of the police murdering someone.

tough situation to find yourself in. not sure I'd hang around filming someone being brutalized for 10 mins if I had my young daughter with me witnessing that.

That's fair enough SDD.

I'm letting this one go you'll be glad to hear.

The film of his death has upset me and I'm still baffled by the inaction of other bystanders over the 8 minutes, but I'm not living in the USA.

I liked KBG's initial post because I understood the sentiment. That said he also conceded he would get slaughtered.

If that happened in broad daylight in the UK then yes I'd expect someone to interfere with the arrest, why.. because our cops police by consent and its a million miles away from policing in the US. People trying to draw any parallels are misguided.

What you are seeing are two different cultures which is why I'm struggling with our home grown numpties attacking UK cops and horses. You visit the US and there's no doubt how things stand and that starts at the Immigration desk at whatever airport you rock up at. The place has armed security guards in their Nike shops ffs.

Its a different world. The US police are armed for a reason, the public routinely don't react and get involved in arrests for that very reason and its due to a Glock 19 or whatever their cops carry- I think we all saw that, understandable fear to get involved, something we can't really equate with.

If someone had, I reckon Chauvin would have moved, released the pressure on the carotid artery or whatever hold he was attempting - and we may well not be discussing this whole thing.

These young women who seem to be the gobbiest on the 'front line', . ha... should they not be in Aldi or somewhere buying up stocks of Washing up liquid and a few juicy steaks for their men... fook me - things have slipped badly.
Their great grandmothers got them the Vote ...can't they be satisfied with that?

These young women who seem to be the gobbiest on the 'front line', . ha... should they not be in Aldi or somewhere buying up stocks of Washing up liquid and a few juicy steaks for their men... fook me - things have slipped badly.
Their great grandmothers got them the Vote ...can't they be satisfied with that?
What a valid argument

:rofl:

;