Ted shed tent update

Cheaper and more time to eat and drink your way to oblivion.

Villa fans on twitter can't seem to work out of drinks are included or not. I don't suppose it is cheaper if they aren't and you can shift a few.

Sounds like it's indoors though.

As in the business pays for it as "client entertainment".
It not tax deductible for the business but it can avoid a lot of the tax around salary. If your business made 110k profit and you paid yourself the cash in wages the difference between 100k and 110k in take home pay is 3k.
If you put the 10k through as client entertainment it's 8k (20% corp tax)

I've never been fortunate enough to be in the position to do it but I've seen it happen a lot.
Yes if you own a small business. Most people doing corporate entertainment aren’t paying themselves the profit as wages though are they? It’s still a cost to the business for them and I’m not sure watching us is a desirable client trip out.

Yes, but it wasn't quite clear what price he paid, hence my question.

And as you pointed out, if he did indeed manage to get 3 tickets together @ £39 then he should be a happy man, not an angry sweary one, so the message was a tad confusing.
Sorry coming back to this a bit late.
Yes I did manage to get three normal-price tickets together so yes in that respect I'm happy.

But I maintain I'm also allowed to be angry and sweaty that barely an hour after the tickets went on sale there were very few groups of seats together that weren't hospitality ones. And I know I am fortunate to be able to do this while working and there are plenty of people who wouldn't be able to do this until the evening.

Thanks for the clarification.

I completely agree that you are right in feeling angry at this whole situation. Talk about making people jump through hoops just to buy a ticket, it's ridiculous.

And I also agree, there aren't many people that can just drop everything at 10.00 on a Tuesday morning to join a ticket frenzy.

Thinking about it, probably the only people who can easily do the 10.00 bunfight are OAPs with plenty of time on their hands. And they are precisely the people that Bill said he wanted to phase out, or something like that anyway.

Thanks for the clarification.

I completely agree that you are right in feeling angry at this whole situation. Talk about making people jump through hoops just to buy a ticket, it's ridiculous.

And I also agree, there aren't many people that can just drop everything at 10.00 on a Tuesday morning to join a ticket frenzy.

Thinking about it, probably the only people who can easily do the 10.00 bunfight are OAPs with plenty of time on their hands. And they are precisely the people that Bill said he wanted to phase out, or something like that anyway.

Though for sake of clarity, I'm not quite an OAP :)

There was alot of empty seats in ES and MS against Chelsea.
I don't think the reason is because they couldn't be sold but I suspect the main reason was some ST holders didn't fancy the rain or watched on sky.

There was alot of empty seats in ES and MS against Chelsea.
I don't think the reason is because they couldn't be sold but I suspect the main reason was some ST holders didn't fancy the rain or watched on sky.
Or perhaps those who had bought tickets didn't fancy the rain either. Possibly with children , family stand, that didn't want their kids to get drenched which may account for the empty seats being in little clusters. Who knows? What I do know is there seems to be an increasing amount of jealousy ,envy and resentment towards ST holders of late. Only reason I can think of is that ST holders are guaranteed entrance whereas points holders aren't. The thing is, buying an ST is something that you then have to work the next 9 months of your life around rather than pick and choose which top 6 team you want to go and see. Historically selling ST's gave the club an idea of its ticket income and gave the club a certain amount of money 'upfront'. The lifeblood to a lot of teams. Of course now we are NEW Bournemouth, we don't need ST holders. We don't need even need to sell tickets. The whole lot could be hospitality and 1 point point holders attending their first game for all BF and New Bournemouth could care. Piped chanting, DJ's, more advertising screens than Times Square. The PL , who even needs supporters ? Not the fcuking Yanks. All New Bournemouth needs to do is team up with D:ream. New Bournemouth !

Yes if you own a small business. Most people doing corporate entertainment aren’t paying themselves the profit as wages though are they?

It’s still a cost to the business for them and I’m not sure watching us is a desirable client trip out

You'll have to present some kind of numbers on that to make a convincing argument. I've worked in an industry where it's heavily frowned upon. In one job I needed to log anything I'd given or received over the value of a Euro, which included buying coffee in rounds, sharing a lunch bill or even being given a pen.

That said I've certainly observed a significant number of directors who give and receive crazy gifts which are mostly in the form of events. Some industries seem to have a culture of reciprocal gift-giving.

You got a client over for a couple of weeks to your offices in Bournemouth. Are you saying they wouldn't care about spending their trapped weekend drinking beer booze and watching live Premier League football? It is one of the most impressive broadly appealing things you can do.

You'll have to present some kind of numbers on that to make a convincing argument. I've worked in an industry where it's heavily frowned upon. In one job I needed to log anything I'd given or received over the value of a Euro, which included buying coffee in rounds, sharing a lunch bill or even being given a pen.

That said I've certainly observed a significant number of directors who give and receive crazy gifts which are mostly in the form of events. Some industries seem to have a culture of reciprocal gift-giving.

You got a client over for a couple of weeks to your offices in Bournemouth. Are you saying they wouldn't care about spending their trapped weekend drinking beer booze and watching live Premier League football? It is one of the most impressive broadly appealing things you can do.
Sell some sub standard PPE and you’ll get millions which will be written off eventually.

Yes I get all of that. I guess the bit I’m speculating on, with some but not 100% confidence is there aren’t many businesses in Bmth that entertain international clients over the weekend, before you even then get into the debate of how many of them want to spend it watching us play.

;