Thank you Jason

Anyone else struggling with this thread?
If you mean the irony that when he needed an army of support, we only turned up as he lay face down on the battlefield to sing his praises, then I am struggling. I also feel cheated that we never got to be there at Dean Court to make that difference. For him to go and never have felt the weight of the Red Army at his side is a cruel way to go, possibly the cruelest.

It's a sad day when looking after one of our own was less important than winning one or two football matches.

I think it was the right decision too, but there's been a lot of vitriolic stuff aimed at JT over the last four games.

Agreed... I too think it was the right time to go, but only after seeing last night's game. Up until that point I still had belief they could turn it around. When the going was good, everything was good, but as we've seen, I just don't think he had the managerial nous to turn this around...

There has been a lot of sh*t thrown at Tindall, on here and online in general, when all the guy did was try his best for a club he has heavily invested his time into. As I've said before today, he should never have been put in the situation as anyone could and should have seen this was always going to be the outcome... Even the most experienced of managers would have struggled to fill Eddie's shoes...

I hope this spell has not tarnished his future career, but I feel it may have not done him any good.

DJ's posts also highlight at least some players respected him, despite popular opinion to say otherwise.

DJ's posts also highlight at least some players respected him, despite popular opinion to say otherwise.

All of their social media have been quiet. Then those two came along at the same time, suggests they were told not to post anything until a certain time so maybe some other players will also post something now.

Stanislas also posted to say bye to King and Gosling.

Fate's could have had that if we had won v Brentford ..the team might have responded and kicked on with confidence in themselves and him...who knows...Remember Clough losing 8-2 to Bristol Rovers when at Brighton, after resigning at Derby and then the Leeds sacking....then...then he goes on to win two Euro Cups with Forest.

All the players.. and fans should have backed JT 100% from the start.
but he was treated like sh*te and doubted ...because he wasn't like Eddie whispering sweet nothings in interviews, and wasn't a big name.
The club is a shambles as it is today... friggin Blake hasn't a clue !
JT could tag up with EH again...go to somewhere like Watford and beat us in a playoff final with Gosling getting the winner....now that would be a meltdown with the primos on here !

It's a sad day when looking after one of our own was less important than winning one or two football matches.

Its sixteen he hasn't won. The person looking after his own is the owner and his family who bankrolled the club .We have no idea how the debt stands now but it was quite considerable last year, so no time for sentiment I suspect. I hope he gets a proper send off rather than this phone call nonsense we're hearing about.

Perhaps its time we heard from the CEO.

Edit: Some good points on Solent. Why back JT with new signings then sack him straight away?

Blake should be on this phone-in.
Good points Rob....CEO should defo be vocal at this time....and I totally agree re signings...but whose to know wat is happening as the board is mute

I was wondering where all the players had got to, obviously they have now been told they are allowed to use their social media again.

All of their social media have been quiet. Then those two came along at the same time, suggests they were told not to post anything until a certain time so maybe some other players will also post something now.

Stanislas also posted to say bye to King and Gosling.
Genuine sentiments fromStan - maybe his rows with Kelly and Surridge during the Wycombe game was a sign he really does give a a££t ?

Loyalty he has shown hasn't be reciprocated Trying to win.with players who don't want to be there ultimately cost him.pity the club wouldn't move these players on and give JT the money to 're invest in the team.

Last edited:
A large part of the problem was above and below Jason in the pecking order. The board have been an abject failure over the past year or more. Also a lot of the players have let themselves, the team, the club and the fans down by their total lack of passion and commitment. Perhaps we, as supporters who seem to know what is wrong, need to let the club know how we feel about the whole sad affair. I doubt many, if any, of the board and players read our comments on here though.

For me one positive is that he has left here with his legacy and reputation intact. He was far from hopeless, took on a tough job which he probably never wanted in the first place and managed to steady the ship after all of the upheaval in the summer.

I don't think he leaves AFCB with any of our fans hating him or wishing never to see him again.

I think he can consider himself quite unfortunate with the timing of his departure.
Going 3-0 down to Reading probably raised eyebrows in the boardroom and accelerated his demise. But when you think about it, the first two goals were very fortunate for Reading and unfortunate for us.

Against Sheffield Wednesday we managed to get back to 1-1 and were sucker punched right at the end whilst going for the full three points.

He'd just brought a couple of players in who he thought had the right character and attitude to create the right mentality within the squad. Unfortunately he wasn't given the opportunity to see whether this could have turned things around.
So all in all, it was a fairly harsh dismissal although nothing you don't see every day in professional football.

I'm just glad he leaves us with most AFCB fans still having a high opinion of him.
It would have been a tragedy if he had lost that as well. It was a risk he was prepared to take when he agreed to take the job on and fortunately he leaves still on good terms with most fans..

Good luck JT, I appreciate everything you did in your time with us and wish you every success in the future. Personally I feel you were slightly hard done by.

;