Thank you Jason

The whole thing seems baffling to me. How can a multi-million pound business not get things like this right?

Basic stuff surely. You'd think anyone with an ounce of integrity would know how to deal with these kind of situations. Most people deserve better, never mind long serving ones.

Really not a good look for the club and it seems to be a regular feature over the last few months now.

Andrew Surman, Charlie Daniels, Jason Tindall...

Go a bit further back and Eddie Howe looked like he was staying only for something to change and then he was gone.

Go further back still and you’ve got John Yems holding a grudge for years...does make you ponder...

Resorting to confidentiality clauses is the sure sign of a bullying, insecure Board, with something to hide. They should be putting all their efforts into finding a new manager which is urgent. Any potential new manager who reads how the Board has reacted would be put off from taking the job.

Had Tindall had come out and said they are the best employers in the world, I am sure the confidentiality clause would have been forgotten about by the Board.

Hang on. The board were getting it in the neck on another thread for not including a confidentiality clause when the DM article came out as apparently any decently run outfit would use one in these situations. When it turns out they did include one then it's a sign of bullying?

Methinks that perhaps they can do no right.

There's no doubt they've been far from perfect but there needs to be a little balance to the criticism.

Methinks that perhaps they can do no right.

There's no doubt they've been far from perfect but there needs to be a little balance to the criticism.

I’m not entirely sure two wrongs ever make a right. Should Tindall be doing quite so much media work acting like a scorned ex lover? Probably not, especially with a confidentiality clause. Professionally it’s not going to do him any favours going forward.

Instead he just looks like he’s acting on emotion...like Yems.

But should the club go on a rather ill informed PR crusade? Drip feeding Kris Temple and the Daily Echo a whole host of failed transfer market activity for what purpose? Proving ambition? All it does is make the club look unprofessional. It’s all rather unedifying.

Keep it all behind closed doors. Act with some class.

I’m not entirely sure two wrongs ever make a right. Should Tindall be doing quite so much media work acting like a scorned ex lover? Probably not, especially with a confidentiality clause. Professionally it’s not going to do him any favours going forward.

Instead he just looks like he’s acting on emotion...like Yems.

But should the club go on a rather ill informed PR crusade? Drip feeding Kris Temple and the Daily Echo a whole host of failed transfer market activity for what purpose? Proving ambition? All it does is make the club look unprofessional. It’s all rather unedifying.

Keep it all behind closed doors. Act with some class.

Well said.

It isn't great but the problem is if they remain silent then it looks like they are tacitly accepting everything JT claimed. As on the other thread, people would be giving them hell to pay over it and it wouldn't be dropped or forgotten.

I'm not sure there is a positive way out from the situation that JT created it by running to the press. A club statement refuting his allegations would look like they are opening a war of words and asking people to take sides which would be an even worse look. A leak putting their points across is probably the least bad option.

It isn't great but the problem is if they remain silent then it looks like they are tacitly accepting everything JT claimed. As on the other thread, people would be giving them hell to pay over it and it wouldn't be dropped or forgotten.

I'm not sure there is a positive way out from the situation that JT created it by running to the press. A club statement refuting his allegations would look like they are opening a war of words and asking people to take sides which would be an even worse look. A leak putting their points across is probably the least bad option.

Make the point that the sacking came over the phone due to covid regulations, say it’s all unfortunate. Praise Tindall for his efforts in all his different roles over 20 years and when the time comes his service to the club will be recognised in some way and let the dust settle again.

You’re running a football club, sometimes you have to just stay strong and take the criticism on the chin even if you know it’s uncalled for.

Don’t unleash a whole host of news that could potentially unsettle the dressing room with bids being rejected for players confirmed publicly and revealed rejected bids for a whole host of players at different clubs. Highlighting what areas the club feel need strengthening...

What is to be gained by doing that? More likely to be annoying to players, families, agents and clubs, all of which you either have to continue to work with or could be working with in the future.

And for what? Saving face after receiving some criticism?

IIRC all the bids for other players were already confirmed by their clubs in some form or other so there's no news there. Let's not pretend that the players won't be on top of that as well.

The only rejected bid I was surprised by was Lerma but, thinking about it, wasn't there speculation at the time that one had come in? I don't think that's particular news.

The club are usually remarkably reticent about responding to criticism, speculation, news and all sorts. It's often remarked upon that not much comes from them. However, there's been an awful lot of mud thrown their way over the past 12 months with nary a word seeming to have come from them.

I think this is the first time they've bitten back. Speculation on my part but I suspect it's because things we probably made crystal clear how they would be to JT before he took the job. Those same conditions are why EH walked away and why Tindall thought about it for a while before taking it. So for him to turn around and then paint this picture has riled them.

As to what it achieves? Well, as remarked upon when the DM article came out, it may impact any potential new managers thoughts about us. If everything is exactly as he claimed then it may put some off. By looking to refute it they're telling new managers it won't be like that.

Let's see what happens with the new guy when he's finally appointed.

Make the point that the sacking came over the phone due to covid regulations, say it’s all unfortunate. Praise Tindall for his efforts in all his different roles over 20 years and when the time comes his service to the club will be recognised in some way and let the dust settle again.

You’re running a football club, sometimes you have to just stay strong and take the criticism on the chin even if you know it’s uncalled for.

Don’t unleash a whole host of news that could potentially unsettle the dressing room with bids being rejected for players confirmed publicly and revealed rejected bids for a whole host of players at different clubs. Highlighting what areas the club feel need strengthening...

What is to be gained by doing that? More likely to be annoying to players, families, agents and clubs, all of which you either have to continue to work with or could be working with in the future.

And for what? Saving face after receiving some criticism?

If it was for players that remained at their club it would be uncouth but I don't see the problem with naming players we were interested in signing that have since moved on.

I don't know what the correct response is but JT has put the message out that the club will treat you poorly and there's no budget for signings.

I think for me it's the fact that all club communication is broadcast only, nobody above the manager does interviews they will only issue written statements via club owned media outlets or now 'leaks'.

With the obvious exception of the supporter's club asking about Balti pies and JM doing interviews on how he saved the club.

You’d have thought they could have sacked him keeping an appropriate social distance, outside whilst exercising......

Make the point that the sacking came over the phone due to covid regulations, say it’s all unfortunate.

Aren't the club claiming JT failed to respond to messages requesting a meeting. If that really is the case and he's claiming he simply got a phone call and nothing else then I don't blame them for putting the record straight.

They're actively looking for a new manager, he appears to be trying to undermine them at the same time. If his comments are hindering the process, breaching a confidentiality clause (and harming the clubs reputation) then firing a shot across his bows and letting the public know the score is better than leaving a festering sore of untruths. I presume they took legal advice, felt it was best to inform a trusted reporter and leave it at that.

All power to Jason to say wtf he likes !
Get it out!
And let's have loads more from Yems...that story has more I bet.

It won't be such a bad thing if we stay out of the PL for a bit longer...expose a few...get rid of a few more...the Real Problem people!
If we don't sort the sh*t soon..we will plummet down the leagues.

The way Jason and Yems got pulled apart by the Prima Donna Ballerinas on this Forum was/is a disgrace.

Last edited:
Aren't the club claiming JT failed to respond to messages requesting a meeting. If that really is the case and he's claiming he simply got a phone call and nothing else then I don't blame them for putting the record straight.

They're actively looking for a new manager, he appears to be trying to undermine them at the same time. If his comments are hindering the process, breaching a confidentiality clause (and harming the clubs reputation) then firing a shot across his bows and letting the public know the score is better than leaving a festering sore of untruths. I presume they took legal advice, felt it was best to inform a trusted reporter and leave it at that.

Im not missing the point of the failed attempts to contact him. I just haven’t referenced it.

At the end of the day, Tindall isn’t “incorrect” by stating he was let go by a phone call. I haven’t listened to the interview, was he asked how he was informed and he answered by phone call? Was there a follow up and he’s bemoaned it happening like that or did the interview move on and the semantics of the reason wasn’t mentioned?

The club have clarified that, Kris Temple mentioned it the last time I was listening to Solent which was maybe the Birmingham game? Is it really that big a deal once explained? No I don’t think so, it’s of course unfortunate and doesn’t sit well, but it’s not as big an issue as the response apparently given in the Daily Echo.

If this is about public perception and saving face does any of this scream of stability and harmony that a manager seeking long term employment might be searching for?

Does the response enhance the clubs reputation in anyway?

All seems like a massive overkill to me and as I say the whole situation, just like with Andrew Surman, Charlie Daniels and John Yems is all rather unedifying.

Im not missing the point of the failed attempts to contact him. I just haven’t referenced it.

I'm surprised you didn't reference it, I mean it struck me as quite an important point. JT obviously knew what was coming, if he was refusing a meeting it was only fair he was told about his dismissal before the players and press surely.

Why would JT also 'encourage' Woodgate to move away from his family at the other end of the country and come to a club that he proceeds to rip into a week or so later? It doesn't make sense.

I just wish they would appoint someone quickly and we can all move on. The press are scratching around for stories, things are getting fractious. Without doubt this is the dismantling of the EH dream and its not pretty on the pitch or seemingly off it.

All power to Jason to say wtf he likes !
Get it out!
And let's have loads more from Yems...that story has more I bet.

It won't be such a bad thing if we stay out of the PL for a bit longer...expose a few...get rid of a few more...the Real Problem people!
If we don't sort the sh*t soon..we will plummet down the leagues.

The way Jason and Yems got pulled apart by the Prima Donna Ballerinas on this Forum was/is a disgrace.
I don't get the yems story, he was on a contract it didn't get renewed, that happens in all walks of life, including players. He wasn't fired it just wasn't renewed, wheres the story in that

I'm surprised you didn't reference it, I mean it struck me as quite an important point.

I didn’t reference it because I’d already said it was fair enough for the club to clarify that point.

My main point is why not just clarify that point and leave it at that? Play things down and move on.
What has been gained by having a public spat with a former manager? What has been gained by officially confirming the clubs entire transfer policy since the summer on both incoming and outgoing transfers?

;