“The Bournemouth Way”

My daughter and I were saying exactly that last night. Even though we were under a bit of pressure we both believed we would hold on for the win. Not sure I've ever felt that in the past
Bit of a mirror to the previous time we were in the Championship. Back then I never used to worry when we went behind because I always thought we’d come back with goals of our own.

Are we fielding a goalie?
Travs or Nyland obviously.
The point he was making was cover for injuries and suspensions since opposition fans think we’d struggle. As shown here, we can field a high quality outfield team in the case of a massive injury crisis.
We really do have strength in depth with this squad, adequate cover for Solanke would be my main concern. But we have a strong squad for this level, no doubt.

The point he was making was cover for injuries and suspensions since opposition fans think we’d struggle. As shown here, we can field a high quality outfield team in the case of a massive injury crisis.
We really do have strength in depth with this squad, adequate cover for Solanke would be my main concern. But we have a strong squad for this level, no doubt.

I think Lowe would do alright... My main concern at the moment is right back if Smithy out longish term and Stacey were to get injured.

Didn't Stanislas fill in at right wing back a couple of times under Eddie and was very good ?
No way in a million years could Stan play as an out and out right back in this current set up. In all honesty I don’t even think SP sees him as a winger, let alone a full back. He seems to see him playing centrally.

I think you just have to accept that the striker position can never be fully covered. Strikers thrive on confidence - which means they have to score - which means they have to play. So you can't just warehouse them and expect them to be happy about the situation.

Slightly off topic, Swansea were superb against West Brom last night - and fully revealed WB's limitations in the second half. I expect Swans shortly to be challenging Bournemouth and Fulham at the top of the table.

I used to sit watching SSN waiting for us to throw away our lead. I'd get really nervous almost to panic stations. Now it seems we're solid at the back and it's a lot easier for me watching now. Well done SP and the whole club, to quote Young Mr Grace 'You've all done very well'. (Are you being served? For those who never watched it on TV)

Feels weird having a solid defence. Only conceded 8 goals in 13?! Unreal.
Still think that even with the great start we’ve had, this team has the potential to really up it a gear.
Christie looks some player, has all the talent and is clever with it (constantly plays balls off defenders to win throws/corners). Cahill is a masterstroke as well.
Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves not even a third of the season in, but signs look very promising….

Feels weird having a solid defence. Only conceded 8 goals in 13?! Unreal.
Still think that even with the great start we’ve had, this team has the potential to really up it a gear.
Christie looks some player, has all the talent and is clever with it (constantly plays balls off defenders to win throws/corners). Cahill is a masterstroke as well.
Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves not even a third of the season in, but signs look very promising….
Yes, Christie is a real class player - like Stuart Armstrong who also came south from Celtic. When Christie briefly sat injured, you realise there is really nothing of him - can't be more than about ten stone. With more gym work might be able to add extra power to beautiful skills.

I think you just have to accept that the striker position can never be fully covered. Strikers thrive on confidence - which means they have to score - which means they have to play. So you can't just warehouse them and expect them to be happy about the situation.
Very true. We will be no different to other teams in that regard. They will all be overdependent upon their starting striker being available and will struggle to replace them if they should be out for an extended period.

The insurance policy against that is to develop a team and style of play whereby goals come from all over the pitch and from a variety of different players.
In that regard I'd suggest we're better off than some of the teams we are competing against, so again, I think we are in a strong position this season.

;