The Newcastle Takeover

I want Eddie to do well but if he went to saints Brighton or Watford then I would want him relegated .

As for Newcastle, I would him to do well. Aware of the issues with the regime behind he club but other industries and politicians have no qualms about doing business there so why should football be an exception. Would query other backers of prem clubs too. Football in the prem lost its moral compass many years ago - regrettably

Would they trust Eddie with a war chest though?

I have this nightmare scenario in my head where he goes there, has a clear the air talk with Fraser and the little rat rediscovers his form and is instrumental in keeping them up.

As a very young lad, I grew up supporting Newcastle United (weird reason that I can't be arsed going into now), right through to the Keegan managerial years... I actually stopped going to see them when they got into the PL as tickets became impossible to get. It was around this period as an early teenager, my casual relationship with AFCB moved to a more permanent fixture... The rest is history, however I still always keep an eye out for Newcastle results...

If Eddie went to NUFC it would probably be the best possible scenario for me... other than him someday returning to our hot seat...

I'd be pleased for him and interested to see how he fares at a proper old school, big club with an undeniably large fan base... Good luck to him, if it happens...

Last edited:
It'll be a tough assignment if he takes the job, this season will probably define him as a Premier League manager. The Jan window will be critical for the next Newcastle manager. If he manages to keep them up, it'll be huge for his cv

Interesting to see if he is Eddie Mk1, keep the ball and attack at all costs and try and win every game 4-2 or Eddie Mk2 playing on the break and letting the other team have possession. I suspect the latter if he goes there as that’s the squad they have and it’s more likely to keep them up. Shame as I think it’s only really Eddie Mk1 that was effective.

Interestingly Sky Sports News were not linking Howe with the job this morning, despite reporting the speculation that Emery was turning them down.

Now however, they’re linking Roberto Martinez and Howe.

(Not sure why he says Jones and Howe got on well, he didn’t join until Howe left.)
What a load of bollox these so-called reporters spout, commonly based upon very little knowledge and coupled with zero research... :blah:

What a load of bollox these so-called reporters spout, commonly based upon very little knowledge and coupled with zero research... :blah:

It’s not the first time I’ve seen it mentioned either. I think they just assume that because both had been at Bournemouth their paths must have crossed.

5 seconds on google would have avoided looking like someone pretending to know he knows his stuff.

It’s not the first time I’ve seen it mentioned either. I think they just assume that because both had been at Bournemouth their paths must have crossed.

5 seconds on google would have avoided looking like someone pretending to know he knows his stuff.
Exactly DJ, its lazy, but then we're used to lazy journalism over the years aren't we, primarily courtesy of the Ohec.

Interesting to see if he is Eddie Mk1, keep the ball and attack at all costs and try and win every game 4-2 or Eddie Mk2 playing on the break and letting the other team have possession. I suspect the latter if he goes there as that’s the squad they have and it’s more likely to keep them up. Shame as I think it’s only really Eddie Mk1 that was effective.
Callum and the wee sheeet both played in the successful MK1 Team - perhaps they could convince the squad of its merits .
They won’t stay up just sitting back and hoping ….

I think if Eddie did end up at Saints or Brighton or Watford...it would still be difficult Not to wish him Well...personally I would just shelve feelings about it unless we were playing them...or rivalling them in a campaign.
The bloke is firmly and royally embedded in Our History... tbf even above the likes, dare I say or think it...of Ted Mac..who ended up at Saints along with Boyer.

;