The Newcastle Takeover

BBC now reporting that Emery will turn down the job, basically because he thinks the Newcastle Board and their Saudi overlords have no idea what they are doing. He’s probably right about that, if true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59144370

Another Spurs in the summer type situation?

Everyone will want the job in the summer if they stay up - not now .

If the Spanish media are right which isn’t a given I guess

“What is a club in any case?” Bobby Robson was not the first to pose the question, but his was the most Newcastle-centric, and damning, indictment of modern football.

“Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.”

To take away those elements – the passion, the pride, the prestige of Sports Direct Arena St James’ Park – is to explain how we got to where we are today. It mitigates why a fanbase finds itself in moral conflict, cautiously hopeful of a new dawn, but unable to properly celebrate the departure of Mike Ashley and the end of that era – one defined by relegations, and the sight of players using wheelie bins as ice baths at the training ground.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...s-unai-emery-eddie-howe-paulo-fonseca-1237525

Blimey that's a tough set of fixtures, even with pep in charge they'll struggle to get points with the players they have.
I think this is why people are reticent and why Eddie may get it. Unai Emery leaves a champions league team in a warm country to go there, lose all those fixtures and have a load of geordies on talk sport slagging off your football, moaning you are not geordie and don’t understand what it means blah blah and demanding Keegan comes back.

Why would you do it to yourself…

Have they found a way around the restrictions the other clubs have tried to place on them financially? If so, they'll overpay in January for players to drag them out of it.

What's Harry up to? I bet he could get them Chris Samba in for £110k/week to save them from relegation.

That was exceptional though. I suspect they'll be safe comes the end of the season if they can spend freely.

Newcastle United fans have sent a resounding message to Unai Emery amid his links to the Magpies.

Out of 5,096 people who took part in our survey, 71.2% said they would be happy with the former Arsenal boss as they new manager.

It's a fortnight since Steve Bruce left Newcastle by 'mutual consent' and the Magpies hierarchy are continuing their search for a new man in the dugout.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...s/newcastle-united-next-manager-live-21968873

Just been reading some of the comments on probably their biggest fan website, scan a few pages and some were quite explicit in their language that they didn’t want Eddie.

Saw one that said if he keeps us up then it gives us a chance of getting a better manager for next season.

Be interesting to the response if Eddie did get the job.

Last edited:

;