The Newcastle Takeover

As for who takes over Newcastle, rumour has it that Graeme Jones might like to manage and that his future at the club is not under threat. What if a new manager comes in and says "I want my own team"? Not sure what to think of Jones. He jumped ship from here pretty quickly. Was presumably very involved in tactics before Bruce left yet received no blame? Also, Callum Wilson's comment about Jones being more of the tactician of the two was interesting and out of order I think. Don't know but wonder if there might have been a bit of a power struggle. Not sure what to make of Jones. Comes across as a little egocentric to me but I could be totally wrong.

it did look odd how animated jones was on the touchline interacting with players while Bruce just stood there.

Depending on who takes over at Newcastle, and which new players he brings in, it could well be that Ryan Fraser is shipped out on loan in January, as part of the deadwood-clearing exercise.

If so, it's highly likely that he'd end up at a Championship club. Can't see any PL teams queuing up for him.

Wouldn't that be an unexpected treat, to get our opportunity to see the Wee Turd again, face to face ?

Depending on who takes over at Newcastle, and which new players he brings in, it could well be that Ryan Fraser is shipped out on loan in January, as part of the deadwood-clearing exercise.

If so, it's highly likely that he'd end up at a Championship club. Can't see any PL teams queuing up for him.

Wouldn't that be an unexpected treat, to get our opportunity to see the Wee Turd again, face to face ?
It would almost be worth the wages just to put him in with the under 21s and have him polishing the first team’s boots until the summer. Maybe let him sweep the car park while we’re at it :hehe: !
:innocent:

Bruce was wasting his time with that bunch of ' cruisers ' ...the bloke was a good player with Man Utd.....better than All of them under his charge at St James..its a joke

Chances are they are going down the Divs...without Ashley at the helm.

Arabs...Nah ! They ain't Football people...thats for starters.
If they wuz on the gas..they would have blown Spurs out fer yer man Conte..
Big Money Men Eh ? ...the Geordies are in for a massive shock !

Bloody shame ..for this great club !

Bruce was wasting his time with that bunch of ' cruisers ' ...the bloke was a good player with Man Utd.....better than All of them under his charge at St James..its a joke

Chances are they are going down the Divs...without Ashley at the helm.

Arabs...Nah ! They ain't Football people...thats for starters.
If they wuz on the gas..they would have blown Spurs out fer yer man Conte..
Big Money Men Eh ? ...the Geordies are in for a massive shock !

Bloody shame ..for this great club !
I tend to agree with that sentiment.
If your whole approach comes down to just buying success, which will probably be the mentality of the new owners, then there are plenty of examples of that NOT being the way to go about things.
Based on past experience NUFC with “their club back” could still be facing many years without any kind of success. A club needs to have more than just money to be successful, as many have shown in the past !
And somehow I get the feeling that the new owners are going to be very impatient for success, which almost guarantees total chaos and a lack of the kind of stability success tends to be built upon !

Interesting times. If they don’t beat Burnley and or Norwich at home this month they have a December fixture list against the top six. They could be adrift come Jan which will change the players they can sign. This is not plain sailing for anyone.

Not sure Emery would be wise to leave a club in a strong Champions league position and having already won a European trophy plus for Newcastle given the stick he got in the media last time and struggles he had at a club with top players?

(Still got them to a European final I think!?)

I guess he might want to prove a point though and Villareal are very much mid-table in Spain.

Apparently after a few other managers said no the shortlist was Emery and Eddie !
So , Emery says no …..

BBC now reporting that Emery will turn down the job, basically because he thinks the Newcastle Board and their Saudi overlords have no idea what they are doing. He’s probably right about that, if true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59144370

To be fair I suspect the appointment is to get them out of relegation before they start to ramp up ever bigger names. Once they have a great squad and a fresh league table the options for manager really open up.

Saying as much wouldn't be very motivating for Emery.

;