The standard of refereeing

...thing is both Brooks and Fraser are lightweight guys, but surely that doesn't count against them in 50/50 tackles. From my seat I saw Fraser breaking forwards and the City defender just come across him and bundled him over, Ryan had no reason to go down easy as he was winning the race for the ball? I saw Brooks pushed off the ball and no free kick...to top it all Walker scythes down King, and along with Walker getting booked for the tackle King was booked for his reaction, although technically Walker wasn't for his...if King was booked for that, then Walker should have got a second yellow as well?

No I am sorry but Kevin Friend appeared to be giving Man City more benefit of the doubt than he gave us.

...thing is both Brooks and Fraser are lightweight guys, but surely that doesn't count against them in 50/50 tackles. From my seat I saw Fraser breaking forwards and the City defender just come across him and bundled him over, Ryan had no reason to go down easy as he was winning the race for the ball? I saw Brooks pushed off the ball and no free kick...to top it all Walker scythes down King, and along with Walker getting booked for the tackle King was booked for his reaction, although technically Walker wasn't for his...if King was booked for that, then Walker should have got a second yellow as well?

No I am sorry but Kevin Friend appeared to be giving Man City more benefit of the doubt than he gave us.

I think you are stating the Bl..din obvious Garbo. He was embarrassing at times.

I think you're demonstrating why fans aren't picked to Ref their own games.....

Sunday League football was magic for having your own linesman (usually your own teams no 12) and supplying your own ref if one wasn't allocated. could write a book on the hilarious episodes witnessed and no doubt created myself !!!!
Al;ways remember a ref, Clapp, I think his name was who wore a toupee and the wind blew it off during the game and he ended up chasing it down the pitch.

I used to linesman for poole town youth teams.... and was sent off (yes, apparently lineos can be sent off) in the weymouth v poole town grudge match cos the (weymouth) referee "lost faith" in my judgement! just because I hadn't seen one of our players punch one of theirs............ must have been an under 16's game - harry cornick was playing for poole town then. footy eh :)

I recall being linesman once and the ref supplied by the other team totally ignored every flag I put up for the first hour. I got fed up, marched onto the pitch, handed him the flag, told him where to stick it and marched off again. Both sets of players found it hilarious but I was fuming !!!!!

it was my performances running the line, with my lad in goal (what could possibly go wrong) that led to the PGMOL approaching me to work for their PR department. 50 grand a year, piece of piss :)

I see your random click bait web blogger (with only the PMGOL as the only source for the success of the PMGOL) and raise you one ex-referee Graham Poll

"Let me guarantee you this: none of the penalties given to Wigan Athletic, Stoke City or West Bromwich would have been awarded against Manchester United and yet they were against Norwich City."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-big-clubs-Yes-dont-know-theyre-doing-it.html

Or maybe a top 6 player playing outside the top 6:
"Jack said he used to read about small teams not getting decisions and he’s said to me he can’t believe how true it is," said Cook.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...-refereeing-calls-against-cherries-says-cook/

As Professional Game Match Officials Ltd chief Mike Riley says: "By definition, you make a decision and one team is happy, the other team isn't, and so are their supporters.”
Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...why-hell-would-you-bother#Oab45qLuZwrC2Sw5.99

Pathetic attempt at deflection, the highly paid officials are there to apply the rules without fear or favour, not to make the players happy.
Seems the culture of bigteamitis starts at the top.

Which independent study has been published to demonstrate standards are improving, the usual suspects are still performing poorly season after season.

Sunday League football was magic for having your own linesman (usually your own teams no 12) and supplying your own ref if one wasn't allocated. could write a book on the hilarious episodes witnessed and no doubt created myself !!!!
Al;ways remember a ref, Clapp, I think his name was who wore a toupee and the wind blew it off during the game and he ended up chasing it down the pitch.[/QUOTE
Yes I remember Mr Clapp and his toupee.

it was my performances running the line, with my lad in goal (what could possibly go wrong)
Back in the days of Bournemouth league cricket there was a very well known father and son playing for a well established club for many years.

"Howzat Dad?"

"That's out son"

Every week. There's probably a few on here who'll remember them...

;