The standard of refereeing

Otamendi's continuous pushing forwards, as soon as King does it, its a foul. A bit one sided I would say.
Supporters of the EPL top 6 clubs all around the World want to see their clubs winning and I am sure that is why we have this bias.
Without a World wide audience the EPL is not worth a penny.
Its all down to money I'm afraid.
Example yesterday, the local channel was showing our game after a minute, loads of locals came in wanting to watch the Manure game and the channel was switched. I ended up watching our game on my computer again.

I do think the refs have discussed our "professionalism" in one of their regular meetings several weeks ago, and that is probably working against us now.
I disagree with you wellsworld in that I thought he was truly abysmal but your comment here is, I think, really telling.

I hate to describe a referee as biased because, basically, I can't believe that's possible but yesterday that is how it looked. I come back to the big club/little club thing which I think does happen subconsciously at times but yesterday was too consistent, too predisposed throughout the game for that to be the case.

Kevin Friend is a weak referee but usually equally weak for both sides. Yesterday he appeared to be wilfully making decisions against us, almost punishing us at times and your explanation is easily the most credible and most likely. It would be entirely consistent then with his spineless officiating that he would then apply any such discussion to the letter, without discretion and without common sense.

He looked like a man on a mission and to have him and East in successive home games is miserable. Chris Cavanagh at Arsenal was excellent and merely highlights the variability in standards that exists.

........................ That game and ours proves without doubt the refs are told to influence games in favour of the top six.

No matter how poor the officials are, and they are, that sort of comment is just plain ridiculous and obviously untrue.

I often get tarred, mostly fairly, with having a bias for AFCB but when I find myself in disbelief that Southampton don't get a decision I know it can't be bias.

its human nature
give decisions, even small ones, against the big clubs and there's a massive media shyte storm
give decisions against the small fry and you get a bit of an earful from the likes of big fletch
its a no brainer
and var will make zero difference
sorry

There were 6 or 7 free kicks I felt we should have had, fouls on Brooks, Fraser, King, high foot on Surman. I'm willing to accept that my Cherry tinted specs means not all of those were fouls. However there is no way that all of them weren't fouls.

I felt it was summed up with the Walker incident with King. There was only two possible outcomes,
1) One yellow card to Walker
2) Two yellow cards to Walker and one to King
How they got one card each is beyond me. I actually thought option 1 was probably the best option in the situation.

Tbh refs are usually easily fooled by AFCB's diving and demanding red cards. It's starting to get AFCB an unwanted reputation.
What not like other clubs then?...it is endemic in our game it happens to every team in every match

just watched the extended highlights, ref did nothing dodgy from my perspective. also been reading the man city forum, you'll be amazed to hear they think all refs hate them too, and are biased to other clubs - man utd obviously, and tottenham due to england golden boy kane. thinking about it, I've yet to read any forum where there isnt a bias towards some other clubs apart from their own for some reason or another

just watched the extended highlights, ref did nothing dodgy from my perspective. also been reading the man city forum, you'll be amazed to hear they think all refs hate them too, and are biased to other clubs - man utd obviously, and tottenham due to england golden boy kane. thinking about it, I've yet to read any forum where there isnt a bias towards some other clubs apart from their own for some reason or another

Try watching the full 90mins. I watched the extended and the Brooks foul wasn't even included

dear mr wellsworld - did you think mepham's "handball" in the wolves game was a penalty? A simply yes or no will do
many thanks

watched the extended highlights, ref did nothing dodgy from my perspective

Perhaps the pre watching session in the Firkin Shed went on too long, still not finding the time to list the pro AFCB decisions this season....

pgmol apologist bingo,

its all the players fault
its all fine, the many bad decisions cancel each other out
its not very good but its just as bad for all teams
the officials aren't applying the rules fairly and evenly because they prejudge teams and players

well, in my defence... I would have said "don't know". but I was ordered to give a yes or no answer!

;