The World Cup thread

Swiss equaliser annoyed me....Compare that push for the Swiss goal with callum’s vs spurs when harshly had goal disallowed.

Brazil got what they deserved with all that diving and posturing from Neymar. Shaqiri of STOKE( a great club) was the best on the pitch by a mile! The referee was 10/10.

Well done Mexico, just watched the game as been out all day.

What support and atmosphere from their fans.

This for me is what the World Cup is all about.

There is an incredible amount of fans from Latin America at this WC. I believe Peru have sold 90k tickets which is the most of all nations. Not sure how many Mexico fans were at the game but the noise they created was fantastic

Early results have set this WC on fire. Tunisia will come out with more hope after seeing Mexico and the Swiss show the way. England need to get the goals early I think and avoid that banana skin. Then....well nothing so far has indicated that any team is better than us.
Our best chance for several decades if we step up a gear!!!!

Thought the Sweden v South Korea game had 0-0 all over it until that penalty.

With the German result, both Sweden and S.Korea knew a win would be a massive result. It was a scrappy poor game as a result, but it was Sweden who created the better openings throughout. Two good saves and several last ditch blocks to prevent Sweden scoring.

Seeing as they made more of the attacking effort, Im pleased they eventually won out. Also turns the screw on Germany a bit tighter!!

Midges buzzing and c##p being talked on TV with kick-off getting near!
Now it awaits the goals...the only bit that counts.
Wow! Someone, (Jenas) and now Lampers has actually started talking about Tunisia !

Last edited:

;