Thoughts on today v Luton

It doesn’t matter if you are the third worst chance creator if the chances you create are easy. Similarly if you create loads and loads of hard or half chances it’s not a lot of use.

Similarly if you make a defensive mistake on the half way line it’s better than making one in your owj box.

EG is a combination of how many chances you are creating and how easy they are.

It doesn’t matter if you are the third worst chance creator if the chances you create are easy. Similarly if you create loads and loads of hard or half chances it’s not a lot of use.

Similarly if you make a defensive mistake on the half way line it’s better than making one in your owj box.
Lol we don't create easier chances than anyone else....as Matt has tried to explain to you....we're 13th in the XG table....do you understand what that means Neil?

JT and Neil Blake were never friends and Blake didn't help get him the job
Why do you keep pretending to be in the know? It’s been proven time and time again that not only do you have no inside knowledge whatsoever, the exact opposite of what you say will happen always does! And you still expect people to believe you have inside knowledge hahaha

Your not an unintelligent man Neil so maybe it's my fault.... maybe I'm not explaining it clearly enough....so I try again........WE CONVERT MORE CHANCES THAN ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!
...there that's my best shot.
Wait, Topfarrier doesn’t go to games?!

Oh I see....if I flew over to watch the games live every week I'd see that we're actually creating loads of easy chances that Solanke is missing?.....lol is that best you can do?
The best I can do with what? I’m just surprised that somebody who doesn’t even watch the games can have such an unwavering opinion on the style of football under Parker. That’s all.

The best I can do with what? I’m just surprised that somebody who doesn’t even watch the games can have such an unwavering opinion on the style of football under Parker. That’s all.
I watch all the games thanks.....are you now not going to offer any opinion on any away game you don't attend?

I watch all the games thanks.....are you now not going to offer any opinion on any away game you don't attend?
Oh fair enough. I generally don’t offer an opinion on how we’ve performed in a game that I haven’t attended no, how can I when I’m not there.

Oh fair enough. I generally don’t offer an opinion on how we’ve performed in a game that I haven’t attended no, how can I when I’m not there.
Oh so for all you know JT had us playing beautiful Football last season....lol......you never offered any opinion on it?

Going back on topic, I thought their No.4 - Naismith - was a nasty, cheating turd. Who spent most of the first half, slyling having digs at Christie.
Agree with that but he had an awful lot of the ball second half. All of their moves started with him. Good player, I thought.

The great thing about not attending games but still watching on TV is, my opinion is better informed as I have see replays. Attending live you get one view, and hope that the highlights show everything - assuming you watch the highlights

Let's not forget the limitations with expected goals. We've flashed the ball across the goal plenty of times if late but nobody was there to tap it in. In my eyes that's a great chance let down by a teammate not making the run. In expected goals it doesn't register as no shot was made.

Yeah, mainly Adam Smith who has been fizzing some brilliant crosses on the deck. Too fast and just beyond reach of the keeper and a nightmare for defenders who are in two minds on making contact with the ball.

Waz that’s a bit harsh, you posted comprehensive knowledge on all of Steve Cooks ‘cock ups’ last season without being there, that must have been from tv or highlights. Not everyone is fortunate enough to get to games but these days highlights or steaming is just as good, if not better for replays etc.

Last edited:
Let's not forget the limitations with expected goals. We've flashed the ball across the goal plenty of times if late but nobody was there to tap it in. In my eyes that's a great chance let down by a teammate not making the run. In expected goals it doesn't register as no shot was made.
If there isn't a player anywhere near the ball it's not really a chance is it?....

I agree with the limitation. However, this will also be the case for all the other teams too, I haven’t watched enough of the league to know whether we have created more ‘near misses that don’t show up on xG’ than other teams. Without this, my assumption would be that either it is similar for all teams or that it is correlated with the underlying xG, so those teams who attack more have more ‘near misses….’

;