Thoughts v Boro

Business end of the season and we are not doing the business. First half was woeful, dreary stuff. Simple passes going astray. A lack of any form of creativity and Cantwell constantly dragging himself back into the central areas when he should have been on the left wing. Huge open spaces on the left ahead of Smith but no-one there. Again we persisted with the nailbiting goal kicks and Phillips passing the ball straight across goal two yards out. It was enough to make your hair fall out. Second half improved when Parker brought on Anthony, a winger playing as , well , a winger. Then taking off Billing, dropping Solanke back and putting Lowe upfront. Capped off with giving Dembele 7 minutes.
I didn't get it. I didn't get any of it.
3 games. 2 PTS. 0 goals. We're ramping up well for the run in !
I think If I remember correctly Dembele only got 3 minutes (not counting the 3 added on) as he came on on 87 minutes gone?
Anyway adds to your point.

Billing really isn’t (lazy) though. People seem to be fooled by his running style, but stats from last time we were in Premier League showed that he covered more distance than any other player in our side. I don’t know where to find stats for the Championship, but I’d be confident that they would be similar. Billing may be many things, but lazy is not one of them.

I think If I remember correctly Dembele only got 3 minutes (not counting the 3 added on) as he came on on 87 minutes gone?
Anyway adds to your point.
I included the added time as part of his contribution but youre right , it was 87 mins on the clock. I didn't understand Parker's thinking. If you want to win the. 3(7) minutes is hardly enough to get involved in the game. If he didn't want to lose then why bring in Dembele and not Pearson , for example.

Billing really isn’t (lazy) though. People seem to be fooled by his running style, but stats from last time we were in Premier League showed that he covered more distance than any other player in our side. I don’t know where to find stats for the Championship, but I’d be confident that they would be similar. Billing may be many things, but lazy is not one of them.
He’s certainly not lazy, he works very hard off of the ball. The main issue with him is what he does on the ball, he frequently goes missing and makes next to no impact on the game.

I included the added time as part of his contribution but youre right , it was 87 mins on the clock. I didn't understand Parker's thinking. If you want to win the. 3(7) minutes is hardly enough to get involved in the game. If he didn't want to lose then why bring in Dembele and not Pearson , for example.

I just think a final dice throw to try and nick it.

Maybe thought at least 5 minutes injury time.

He bought Anthony on ,whose first contribution was to pass straight across the midfield and set up a Boro attack.

Sometimes a sub works to great effect as it did at Blackpool,other times you can throw the kitchen sink at it and nothing sticks.

On a side note I have found that there are ways to create your own entertainment at the games nowadays.

We had the ball half way inside the Boro half yesterday and just for a laugh I shouted out ‘Travers is free.’

5 seconds later you will never guess who had the ball at his feet.
That must have been you 'shouting yourself hoarse' with support then.

With respect redharry,there is no comparison between Ted and Eddie, one was a very good goalscorer a long time ago who moved on to a bigger club when an offer came.

The other is Eddie Howe, a man who took a club who were happy being size of Leyton Orient for eternity in L1 or 2 whilst getting milked by conman after conman year after year whilst people felt sorry for us. He saved us the -17 season, transformed us forever and took us up 3 times to the promised land of the PL, he then kept us there for 5 phucking years whilst playing in an large shed against the most expensive assembled teams in the world. He made massive teams take notice of us by beating them using players from L1 to play amazing for him and jump through walls for him, And he did all of this whilst carrying freeloaders on the board and behind the scenes, carrying people clearly not qualified for their jobs because he was a kind person, he even carried Bournemouth Council and got them the attention they wanted but didn't deserve. Some people go on about how some of his signings didn't work out but alot of the important ones did work out very well and for good value prices which we are still reaping the rewards from right now. 1 Billion pounds came through this club because of Eddie Howe, all the TV money, all the sponsorship, exposure, all the record profit sales Ake, Mings, Rambo, Wilson, Danjuma.

We are currently 2nd and close to promotion because we have parachute payments to pay bigger wages over other teams and have players like Solanke who can make a difference in this league because of Eddie.

Where's the phucking statue? There's a Ted Stand and a Fletch Stand lol

After we beat Everton but got relegated no fan in their right mind wanted him to go. Some fans may have said he needs a break or a long holiday because the job consumes him but the day he left a part of me died, did all that for us, wanted the best for us, got lied to constantly about infrastructure, the training ground which never happened and the overall development of the club off the field.

And to top it all off after doing all this greatness for our club, his last conversation here was likely with that rat Neil Blake telling him he can go and it will be made to look a mutual agreement.
Deserved better and now he's managing the richest club in the world in the PL and has kept them up when they had 0 wins at Christmas.
I don't think anyone else connected to this club has made the club over £1m using their own initiative/ brain let alone £1 billion.

Jeff Mostyn likes to always go on about how he saved us out of the kindness of his own heart when we were close to death but for context I'm pretty sure The Devil also offered Jesus similar terms as he lay dying on that cross, in exchange for his soul of course. "Yeah I'll save you mate".
Jeff took a risk on money he could afford to lose with his good relations with the banks and all his contacts and his risk paid off and got him back money five times over lol. Some fans probably think he's still a saint.

I know we have to move on but it was the biggest mistake we ever made compiled to all the other major mistakes made in the past which seem like smaller mistakes in comparison.

Anyway I hope we go up, nothing against Parker if he sees it out even playing this safe brand of football I'll be overjoyed. But the last game i saw that we truly played well for the whole 90 mins with total domination was Bristol City away back in October when we had some momentum and even then I was concerned about how we missed so many chances and 1 on 1s and weren't clinical enough and how we should've won 8-0. Some of Parker's post match interviews I also do think he's lied to himself a bit about what is the definition of a good performance, just be honest.

Last edited:
With respect redharry,there is no comparison between Ted and Eddie, one was a very good goalscorer a long time ago who moved on to a bigger club when an offer came.

The other is Eddie Howe, a man who took a club who were happy being size of Leyton Orient for eternity in L1 or 2 whilst getting milked by conman after conman year after year whilst people felt sorry for us. He saved us the -17 season, transformed us forever and took us up 3 times to the promised land of the PL, he then kept us there for 5 phucking years whilst playing in an large shed against the most expensive assembled teams in the world. He made massive teams take notice of us by beating them using players from L1 to play amazing for him and jump through walls for him, And he did all of this whilst carrying freeloaders on the board and behind the scenes, carrying people clearly not qualified for their jobs because he was a kind person, he even carried Bournemouth Council and got them the attention they wanted but didn't deserve. Some people go on about how some of his signings didn't work out but alot of the important ones did work out very well and for good value prices which we are still reaping the rewards from right now. 1 Billion pounds came through this club because of Eddie Howe, all the TV money, all the sponsorship, exposure, all the record profit sales Ake, Mings, Rambo, Wilson, Danjuma.

We are currently 2nd and close to promotion because we have parachute payments to pay bigger wages over other teams and have players like Solanke who can make a difference in this league because of Eddie.

Where's the phucking statue? There's a Ted Stand and a Fletch Stand lol

After we beat Everton but got relegated no fan in their right mind wanted him to go. Some fans may have said he needs a break or a long holiday because the job consumes him but the day he left a part of me died, did all that for us, wanted the best for us, got lied to constantly about infrastructure, the training ground which never happened and the overall development of the club off the field.

And to top it all off after doing all this greatness for our club, his last conversation here was likely with that rat Neil Blake telling him he can go and it will be made to look a mutual agreement.
Deserved better and now he's managing the richest club in the world in the PL and has kept them up when they had 0 wins at Christmas.
I don't think anyone else connected to this club has made the club over £1m using their own initiative/ brain let alone £1 billion.

Jeff Mostyn likes to always go on about how he saved us out of the kindness of his own heart when we were close to death but for context I'm pretty sure The Devil also offered Jesus similar terms as he lay dying on that cross, in exchange for his soul of course. "Yeah I'll save you mate".
Jeff took a risk on money he could afford to lose with his good relations with the banks and all his contacts and his risk paid off and got him back money five times over lol. Some fans probably think he's still a saint.

I know we have to move on but it was the biggest mistake we ever made compiled to all the other major mistakes made in the past which seem like smaller mistakes in comparison.

Anyway I hope we go up, nothing against Parker if he sees it out even playing this safe brand of football I'll be overjoyed. But the last game i saw that we truly played well for the whole 90 mins with total domination was Bristol City away back in October when we had some momentum and even then I was concerned about how we missed so many chances and 1 on 1s and weren't clinical enough and how we should've won 8-0. Some of Parker's post match interviews I also do think he's lied to himself a bit about what is the definition of a good performance, just be honest.

We all love the new resevoir_red.

Makes senses in most of his posts finally.

If we go up, Parker should be offered an exit.

That's not being entitled, I've been here for many years, and seen us across all divisions, not much in the PL, but living in the Southern hemisphere, not that easy.

The team has no sense of identity whatsoever, no attacking finesse, no style of play.

If we repeat this season, next season with Parker, it'll be the longest season ever.

Parker had financial backing, has signed many many players, and none of them have had an impact, or a consistent tangible advantage, perhaps bar Christie and Dembele.

Kieffer Moore is probably the only one of which the jury is still out on.

Burnleys Wood.........that Newcastle pinched.

;