Thoughts v Boro

Yes, lets hope he achieves promotion so you can recharge your batteries and start all over again next season, deep joy. His sole job is to get the club promoted and I recall it was a three year project. I doubt Max sat on his £130 million debt really gives a toss how pretty or entertaining it is for you. As it stands he's actually doing the job he was paid for so lets see what happens instead of you making your usual wild predictions. A mass back lash lol- sounds scary but will probably involve you and Dawson dripping on all summer.
If we got promoted the dynamic of next season is totally different. There is actually an argument to be made that a more conservative style is the best way to establish yourself in the top flight. It certainly wasn’t the best way to approach this season with the quality that we have at this level though.

Contrary to what the ‘mob’ believe, posters like myself will judge based on the context of the situation we find ourselves in.

Ummmm no. I base my opinions on what I am watching. You are able to be a supporter without being happy with the style of football that we play. Refusing to acknowledge that we have quite often been very poor does not make you some kind of Uber fan.

Na, you're a negative anti-supporter. An embarrassing one at that.

Na, you're a negative anti-supporter. An embarrassing one at that.
By the way you mention how you feel alienated from half of our fan base. Are they all anti fans too?

Interestingly the divide within the fan base was there at Fulham when Parker was there too. All of this bickering and arguing about being entitled ect would have been going on on their message board too.

Who is the common denominator in all of this? Parker has managed to totally divide two fan bases now, not just ours.

Think Parker's team talk is just DON'T! ****************! UP! I would say more but I actually fell asleep for 30 minutes at the start of the second half.
I still think we'll get automatic promotion but I hope he changes our style of play after we do otherwise we'll come straight back down again or I'll spend what's left of my life falling asleep on Saturday afternoons.

I agree not enjoyable entertainment but in the prem think this set up will be more effective IF we get there* ie playing on counter attack and not being forced to to take the game to teams sitting deep. Not my preferred style of play.

* I am still not convinced we will tbh if someone puts a run together. Amazed we are only 3 points ahead of last season’s total at the same stage!

Contrary to what the ‘mob’ believe, posters like myself will judge based on the context of the situation we find ourselves in.

So why not judge the current context, 4 points clear with 2 games in hand ? You won't though will you, you will consistently find fault because that's what you get off on.

So why not judge the current context, 4 points clear with 2 games in hand ? You won't though will you, you will consistently find fault because that's what you get off on.
I find fault because there is a lot of fault to be found at the moment, that’s just the way it is. I’m not saying anything that’s untrue here or finding negatives that aren’t there.

We are in a very good position yes. But we are not showing positive signs that we will be able to see it through at this moment in time.

I find fault because there is a lot of fault to be found at the moment, that’s just the way it is. I’m not saying anything that’s untrue here or finding negatives that aren’t there.

We are in a very good position yes. But we are not showing positive signs that we will be able to see it through at this moment in time.
You've been finding fault all season.

At least be honest about it.

Think we need to let go of Eddie. There was no emotional connection when Don Megson was in charge either!

It’ll never be 2014/15 again.
You're right Rob.
It's just, nearly every manager we've had, in the last 50+ years, has been a former player, or worked here in the case of some of the caretakers, with very few who had no prior connection to the club and I suspect, that makes it harder to warm to someone, as unemotional as Parker.

Last edited:
On a side note I have found that there are ways to create your own entertainment at the games nowadays.

We had the ball half way inside the Boro half yesterday and just for a laugh I shouted out ‘Travers is free.’

5 seconds later you will never guess who had the ball at his feet.
You should be doing stand-up. What a wag.

If we go up, next season is an interesting one since it's likely in about three quarters of matches teams will come at us. Plus in all the other matches teams will have earmarked us as three point potential matches in their fight for survival so won't be ultra defensive.

Who knows, it could play into Parker's hands. (Let's hope) Time will tell.

You've been saying the same all season, yet we're still 2nd and with a gap. You've also been saying that west brom, then sheff utf now forest will finish above us. Its fine to have opinions but you state them as facts this is what gets everyone's back up. Then it's west brom screwed up their managerial appointments, sheff utd an injury crisis, not you actually got it wrong.

You've been saying the same all season, yet we're still 2nd and with a gap. You've also been saying that west brom, then sheff utf now forest will finish above us. Its fine to have opinions but you state them as facts this is what gets everyone's back up. Then it's west brom screwed up their managerial appointments, sheff utd an injury crisis, not you actually got it wrong.
More selective reading from you. How predictable.

I owned up to being wrong about West Brom, funny how you choose to ignore that because it doesn’t support your point about my character.

Sheff U were on fire and then they were hit with an injury crisis, we will never know either way how they would have done if multiple of their big hitters did not get injured at the same time. No reason to believe they wouldn’t have carried on that form though.

We will wait and see on Forest. I still firmly believe that they will get 2nd unless Parker changes something up for our run in.

More selective reading from you. How predictable.

I owned up to being wrong about West Brom, funny how you choose to ignore that because it doesn’t support your point about my character.

Sheff U were on fire and then they were hit with an injury crisis, we will never know either way how they would have done if multiple of their big hitters did not get injured at the same time. No reason to believe they wouldn’t have carried on that form though.

We will wait and see on Forest. I still firmly believe that they will get 2nd unless Parker changes something up for our run in.
So how many points do you think us and forest will get in last 6 games, given they have to make up 7.

So how many points do you think us and forest will get in last 6 games, given they have to make up 7.
I think they’ll win vs West Brom, and we will lose vs Cov. The gap is then 4 points with 5 to play.

I feel as though they are a better team at this moment so will beat us in our fixture. I can see us drawing a few during the run in but can’t see where the win is coming from. 7 points is very doable for them.

I think they’ll win vs West Brom, and we will lose vs Cov. The gap is then 4 points with 5 to play.

I feel as though they are a better team at this moment so will beat us in our fixture. I can see us drawing a few during the run in but can’t see where the win is coming from. 7 points is very doable for them.
And no doubt you think we will lose to Fulham and forest too. So the other 3 games, any points?

;