Thoughts vs Forest

Last night was perfect in every way. I will miss the Championship, as I have managed to get tickets for every home game. I expect it will be a lot more difficult next season. But the game, the atmosphere and the result last night. Absolutely brilliant.

That is the most hilarious post ever. They kicked lumps out of us with the ref waving play on. Grapes must taste sour in his/her world.
The foul statistics make it pretty clear that it wasn’t Bournemouth doing the fouling !
As posted before, I had zero nerves leading upto the game as this group of players step up in the big games. Even with 8 mins added on. Less good at times though against teams like hull and Peterborough!

Big change in approach first half vs second shows this is a young squad who don’t always follow SP’s game plan. So definite opportunity to improve as a group. This scope for improvement has happened over the last few months.

Big credit to SP for his tactics over the last month - made some big decisions and shown more flexibility than he gets acknowledged for. To think some fans wanted him out.
Totally agree. I would have still fancied this group to smash the playoffs but fortunately that will no longer be necessary :wahey:
Once the injured players came back and the January signings started getting a look in, we did seem to improve considerably. I agree that this squad, if we can keep it together and avoid further long term injuries, has plenty of scope to improve and become a real "unit".
The great thing is, this time it feels as though we go into the PL with a free hit, expecting instant relegation but hoping to maybe take another step and be strong enough to stay there for a while. Another season ( minimum ) in the PL should at least mean that we can maintain a strong side for the top two divisions of English football for another 2-3 years, so achieving it last night was massive for the future of the club IMO.
:utc:

Last edited:
Are we now officially a yo-yo club?

Agree, he did let a lot go but for/against both teams, so at least he was consistent..

To be honest, I thought Attwell was very lucky that there were no serious flashpoints. He let too much go, barely used his cards to deal with persistent fouling, and could so easily have lost control.
Can you imagine him being in charge of the away playoff match v Brentford last season?!

Was confident that we would beat Forest so enjoyed the game waiting for us to score and what a goal at the perfect time…we diced a little with the time wasting but when you consider what was at stake it was only natural…they would have done the same…think this promotion will be all the better if Leeds get relegated

At the end of last season, a Leeds fan asked me why we missed out on promotion. I told him that we didn't want to be in the same division as dirty Leeds. He replied "so you are not planning on getting promoted any time soon then"

Hoping and praying I get to remind him of this.

Fair play to you, you did a job on us and deserved to win. We were poor, probably the worst performance under Cooper. Not sure why the game plan seemed to be to launch the ball constantly because we can't play that way, as anyone could see. So hopefully see you upstairs via the poxy PO's .
Hahahaha

Last night was perfect in every way. I will miss the Championship, as I have managed to get tickets for every home game. I expect it will be a lot more difficult next season. But the game, the atmosphere and the result last night. Absolutely brilliant.
Surely you'll have loads of points now?

The foul statistics make it pretty clear that it wasn’t Bournemouth doing the fouling !

Totally agree. I would have still fancied this group to smash the playoffs but fortunately that will no longer be necessary :wahey:
Once the injured players came back and the January signings started getting a look in, we did seem to improve considerably. I agree that this squad, if we can keep it together and avoid further long term injuries, has plenty of scope to improve and become a real "unit".
The great thing is, this time it feels as though we go into the PL with a free hit, expecting instant relegation but hoping to maybe take another step and be strong enough to stay there for a while. Another season ( minimum ) in the PL should at least mean that we can maintain a strong side for the top two devisions of English football for another 2-3 years, so achieving it last night was massive for the future of the club IMO.

Agreed.

Think the second half performance at home to hull in January was the turning point.

After a decent first half thought the second half vs hull was the worst of the season and I think that was the point that SP criticised the players and concluded we needed strengthening and the mentality of the players changed - now look up for a comeback whereas in some home games like Blackburn and hull the team seemed to lose belief.

Not all the January acquisitions had a big impact - Moore and Phillips the obvious exceptions- but created competition for places. Lewis Cook really stepped up albeit I am sure in part that was fitness related.

Good core group now and if we go down not the end of the world with parachute payments and a lower cost base.

Do think the premier league will suit our style of play in contrast to trying to take games against teams like Peterborough and Preston. Think this team can raise their game against better sides but the gulf in class for some games will be huge.

At the end of last season, a Leeds fan asked me why we missed out on promotion. I told him that we didn't want to be in the same division as dirty Leeds. He replied "so you are not planning on getting promoted any time soon then"

Hoping and praying I get to remind him of this.
Rob by any chance?

Fair play to you, you did a job on us and deserved to win. We were poor, probably the worst performance under Cooper. Not sure why the game plan seemed to be to launch the ball constantly because we can't play that way, as anyone could see. So hopefully see you upstairs via the poxy PO's .

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threa...rd-May-19-00?p=3538029&viewfull=1#post3538029

Re: ***RE-SCHEDULED***Official Matchday No.32 – Bournemouth vs Nottingham Forest; Tue
Having said bye bye to the southern softies I've had to go back and wind them up some more.. Just can't help myself. I'm going full on until the game or I get removed.​
Why would you be removed? It's always enjoyable when an irrelevant berk such as yourself, comes on here and spouts utter nonsense.

Hope your son enjoyed Feeder (does he look like you BTW)?

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threa...rd-May-19-00?p=3538029&viewfull=1#post3538029

Re: ***RE-SCHEDULED***Official Matchday No.32 – Bournemouth vs Nottingham Forest; Tue
Having said bye bye to the southern softies I've had to go back and wind them up some more.. Just can't help myself. I'm going full on until the game or I get removed.​
Why would you be removed? It's always enjoyable when an irrelevant berk such as yourself, comes on here and spouts utter nonsense.

Hope your son enjoyed Feeder (does he look like you BTW)?

Some people really overestimate their impact don't they? The guy appears to think he was some kind of trolling genius.

The great thing is, this time it feels as though we go into the PL with a free hit, expecting instant relegation but hoping to maybe take another step and be strong enough to stay there for a while. Another season ( minimum ) in the PL should at least mean that we can maintain a strong side for the top two divisions of English football for another 2-3 years, so achieving it last night was massive for the future of the club IMO.

Wonder who will stay to fight for their places and who will go? Would like to see Meps stay as I think given enough game time, he could develop into a solid PL defender, but fear he will be snapped up by a team like QPR . Will miss Stacey too but unless we consistently play with three central defenders, I can't see him staying. Kilkenny needs a loan, surely. Then there is Lowe and Dembele. Will there be room for them? Pearlo and Marcondes could well go if other midfielders come in.

;