Thoughts vs Forest

First thoughts, I don't think I was as relaxed as I thought yesterday, only just feeling confident enough to fart without worrying about the consequences : )

Second thoughts, there should be enough money in the club for another season of Riverside Rockets : )

Third thoughts, the crowd were exceptional tonight, backed the lads, so loud getting them over the line in the closing stages. Different to first time " popping our Prem' cherry" but flipping exhilarating none the less : )

Fourthly, it's still difficult to get my around. 20+ years ago we were happy to see us scaping wins against the likes of Orient ad Hartlepools, upset about losing at home to Rochdale ad Port Vale. The feelings involved in wining crucial survival matches against Chester ad Grimsby. Who in the ground on Supa's saviour goal day thought we would see not ONE but TWO promotions to the Premier League : )

5 thly, pity we didn't have time for Motd theme but there's always Saturday : )

Ps. it was really nice of the lady, whoever you are, to come over during the after match celebrations to say how much she liked the 'Rocket video : )

When we didn't concede in the first 25 mins, I had a good feeling last night.

Every single player wanted it and was up for it. All the guff about style of play and stuff…I get it, but this lot are United and they fought for each other, for their manager and for the club. They deserved it. Couldn’t be prouder of every single one of them.

A special mention to all our players, but specifically; Kelly was absolutely fucking colossal tonight. They didn’t get a sniff. True, true captains performance. Lewis Cook. The heartbeat of this team like he always should have been. Always brave on the ball, always positive, a fighter. PL class and date I say might be destined for the very top once more. Billing. Always unfairly treated, did he lose a header tonight? How many miles did he cover? How many second balls did he pick up? Who else would’ve thought on their feet to pick out Moore like that? A class act tonight. Anthony, Zemura, and Travers. Winning tonight with these three starting, the word again is pride. Academy players like it should be, a credit to the club and to themselves. Absolutely phenomenal “debut” seasons from them all.

And of course Brooksy watching on from the stands. All this pales in comparison. He’s healthy and happy and I can’t wait to see him in red and black once more.

UP THE B*stard CHERRIES :utc:
Brilliantly crafted post at 1.03am! Kudos my friend

Regrettably my 11 month old was sat on my lap when the goal went in and the next thing I was holding him above my head Lion King-style shouting in triumph and my word, he was upset at me. As was my wife.

Not much to add here that hasn't already been said.

Special mention to Chill Phil Bill, I haven't always been his biggest fan, particularly when we went down and during the terrible spell that lead to Tindall's departure, but he's been bang up for it the last two matches and his free kick showed a delightfully devious, deceptive side to him that was hitherto unknown. Being chill isn't always so bad, it turns out.

Moore: a club legend in the space of two matches. You couldn't make it up. Fair play to him.

What a great story for Anthony, Zemura and Travers, they must be on cloud nine right now and well done to Scotty for showing faith in them to do the job. Brilliant stuff.

Yes, we've been well supported by Max and have made full use of the parachute payments but looking at what's happened to other relegated clubs who also share a similar natural level in the scheme of things... it's pretty remarkable to have a seat at the top table once again. This doesn't usually happen.

A lot of work to be done but I have no expectations this time round. If we stay up, I'll be delighted, if not, it's not because we didn't try.
Great post throughout. Howver I am crying at the first paragraph.
Absolutely priceless!

We may have come second, but I think our celebrations came top. Hope those who haven't had much chance to play this season get a chance on Saturday now. Woodman, Stacey/Laird, Meps, Cahill/Hill, Kilkenny, Pearlo, Cantwell, Dembele, Brady with Moore and Lowe and Dom coming on for a 85 min pen and scoring his 30th.

Forgot Emi. Hope he starts too.

What a night.

Having my boy there going through all the emotions and not having a clue how to deal with them. Tears before kick off because he was soooo nervous, tears at full time because he was soooo happy. Walking him on to the pitch “I can’t believe my eyes” and him touching the grass and jumping around. Get home, trying to get him to go to bed as he starts kicking a ball around to recreate the goal…

I know this promotion won’t stand on a level pegging for many, but it does for me.

Crikes. If he was in such an emotional state as a kid, he'll be an utter MESS in a similar situation in 20 years. Gets harder with age I've found. Amazing night for you both, though. Life's all about making memories like this and experiencing the moment:)

Agree we were lucky, if there’s no offside then for me that’s a pen. But as many others on here have said, we’ve had our fair share of bad decisions against us, so Forest can whinge as much as they like. Swings and roundabouts..

Lino got dogs abuse just in front of me for not flagging surridge offside in an earlier attack so maybe that influenced him to flag surridge offside in the penalty incident?

Thought we need a post match thread and there aren't any moaning /ranty Waz ones soooo

- First half was ok but unspectacular from us and we gave a couple of big chances away. Surridge should have scored and should have had a pen. As Parker said, we were too open. For all the criticism of Parkerball, against teams like Forest, in it's truest sense (control of possession with pressing from the front) it absolutely works.
- 2nd half we controlled it start to finish. Absolutely superb. Parker clearly had a word and set things right. Our passing was more crisp, more pressure from the front and never gave them a second on the ball. Forest couldn't handle us, they looked completely rattled and started to lose their heads a bit.
- Substitution of Moore for Lerma an absolute sliding doors moment. Easy option was Pearson. Fair play to Parker, he saw we were in the ascendancy and doubled down. Fortune favours the brave and that made all the difference.
- Lewis Cook MoM for me - immense from start to finish.
- Kelly not far behind - both him and Nat Phillips were excellent throughout and didn't give them a sniff 2nd half.
- This team has its flaws, especially breaking down teams we should do and getting complacent. Turning it on when the pressure is on isn't one of them, against Hudders, Coventry, Fulham and today we put in some of our best performances of the season.
- Apparently the goal was not a training ground routine, in which case SO much respect to Billing for that. Under pressure would have been easy to play the percentages. He has his critics but I thought Billing was excellent tonight, especially in the 2nd half.
- Crowd were immense from the start. Couldn't really hear much from the Forest fans on sky. Red Army, Red Flag, Super Scotty, Song for Nonny all heard loud and proud.
- Parker interview shows how much it means to him and how hard he works. The guy needs to enjoy it a little more! He might not be the most media-trained, but he is clearly dedicated to his job and he deserves another crack at the PL. No doubt there's a massive job to prepare us for the top flight though.
- That said, we have the spine of a very good side here.
- David Brooks interview on Sky was the highlight of the evening. He will be a big part of our next PL adventure.
- We are back in the big time! Debates on how to spend it are for the summer. Forest have been trying to get there for 23 years. We should never take for granted just how lucky we are to be where we are (again!).
- That was for Nonny.
Top post, especially the final tribute :clap:

What a night.

Having my boy there going through all the emotions and not having a clue how to deal with them. Tears before kick off because he was soooo nervous, tears at full time because he was soooo happy. Walking him on to the pitch “I can’t believe my eyes” and him touching the grass and jumping around. Get home, trying to get him to go to bed as he starts kicking a ball around to recreate the goal…

I know this promotion won’t stand on a level pegging for many, but it does for me.
Nice post DJ, that will live forever in the memory for you both. It’s occasions such as last night that further cement the bond between father and son.

Fair play to you, you did a job on us and deserved to win. We were poor, probably the worst performance under Cooper. Not sure why the game plan seemed to be to launch the ball constantly because we can't play that way, as anyone could see. So hopefully see you upstairs via the poxy PO's .
Wind everyone up, acting like a fool. Then lose, come back on acting reasonable. Karma is a killer huh!

I fancy Huddersfield to come up. But best of luck

We may have come second, but I think our celebrations came top. Hope those who haven't had much chance to play this season get a chance on Saturday now. Woodman, Stacey/Laird, Meps, Cahill/Hill, Kilkenny, Pearlo, Cantwell, Dembele, Brady with Moore and Lowe and Dom coming on for a 85 min pen and scoring his 30th.
Millwall must be v happy

Wind everyone up, acting like a fool. Then lose, come back on acting reasonable. Karma is a killer huh!

I fancy Huddersfield to come up. But best of luck

Always said this feller was a bellend. It's not do much the typical opposition supporter having a go stuff but the disingenuous pretending that he's not here to be a prick. Still, at least we had someone to tell us that the pressure was all on Bournemouth. Maybe forest needed a bit more pressure because as I said to him weeks ago.... they are shite. :ROFLMAO:

Always said this feller was a bellend. It's not do much the typical opposition supporter having a go stuff but the disingenuous pretending that he's not here to be a prick. Still, at least we had someone to tell us that the pressure was all on Bournemouth. Maybe forest needed a bit more pressure because as I said to him weeks ago.... they are shite. :ROFLMAO:
Haha yeah. On their own forum he said he was coming here to wind us up.. not one response from his own haha. Based in Paris now and I was shaking like a leaf last 20.. bring on PSG in two years when we get in the champions League ;)

What a night.

Went with my daughter who is now 23 and seen us promoted at Cardiff, Burton, vs Bolton and now today. 4 times! This was one that she was really more aware of the season and events being an avid social media follower of afcb. Just a great evening to remember in future years and I am sure your son will remember your time together too.

would love to have been at DC last night (and the shed before) but it was a great spectacle on TV too. I didn't believe the bormuff fans could generate that sort of atmosphere, and was expecting to hear the Forest fans to be honest, so well done all that were there - the atmosphere sounded genuinely raucous! thought we played pretty well in the first half, and fantastically in the second. Travs had very little to do. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Anyone else struggled to sleep after that?

What a bloody night!!!

Where did the 8 minutes added time come from? Longest 8 minutes of my life, but ultimately based on their 2nd half showing they weren’t going to score.

Moore what a fantastic bit of business, lots of what ifs and buts regarding had he been fit since Jan.

Who cares though. premier league here we come again!!! Hasn’t sunk in properly

Same for me. I had been extremely nervous all day at work. Afterwards I was reading everything about the game in the early hours. Now feel a bit ill after it all!
The players and manager were perfect in their approach. Forest and their fans got over excited and their lack of experience showed. They only succeeded in putting the pressure on themselves.
8 minutes was ridiculous. However the way we closed it out was very impressive.
Scott Parker reads a game very well and the fitness levels are exceptional. Bringing on Moore for Lerma was brave and must be one of the best tactical,enforced substitutions ever.
Finally I am very pleased for everyone on here!

;