Thoughts vs Forest

Just watched the match over for first time,and repeatedly going over the footage I'm not entirely sure that Surridge was onside .
His body was defo offside, but it comes down to how defenders arms are considered to be playing him onside.

And the lino was far side; pitch level; would have had his view obstructed by other players.

We've all griped about decisions made in the split second the Mark I human eyeball has to view and process but look at our club's response to the Villa/SheffU game and goal/non-goal. Forest's owners/manager would do well to learn from that.

I know Moore got MOTM for the crucial goal but I thought Smithy was MOTM on Tuesday, lead by example with his experience, made plenty of positive surging runs getting us forward in attack from CB or RCB and defended brilliantly, our longest serving player for a reason and I hope he stays.

Certainly wouldn't argue with that. Could make a case for loads of them tbf. Zemura bossed their danger man and still got forward effectively. The two centre halves were impeccable. Cook, Lerma, Billing, Solanke all brilliant.

Certainly wouldn't argue with that. Could make a case for loads of them tbf. Zemura bossed their danger man and still got forward effectively. The two centre halves were impeccable. Cook, Lerma, Billing, Solanke all brilliant.

I think JZ is great, could clearly play as an out and out winger he's that good in attack, his direct running won us the FK which lead to the goal and his pace will always give him advantage to get back and defend. the only thing I will say is just needs to keep switched on every second if you remember right at the end Forest played a straight through ball on the right side and he got caught out and Surridge was through on goal and had lot of time, thankfully he tried to square it and Kelly got the block in and put it out for corner, Kelly had to scream at JZ for that one moment of lapse which could've cost us and in the PL all it takes is one moment of getting caught out like that as we know it won't be Surridge crossing it will be someone like Mahrez to Haaland and a goal in split second, even Trent who JZ is similar too in style has had his critics in defending despite his massive talent as an attacking new age fullback/wingback. I thought Jeff had a very quiet game tbh before he went off, thought Cook made more of an impact as game went on but overall Smith/JZ/Moore/Kelly and Billing for that moment of intuition were key players which gave us the win rather than the draw.

Last edited:
Complete nonsense.
If florist had been awarded a pen AND then scored ,the rest of the match would have played out absolutely different.

It's like saying we should be 4-0 up at half time due to chances created.
Score that first chance and the game goes into a different dynamic.

A different dynamic in that scenario but still think afcb would boss the second half with forest sitting deeper and deeper to protect that lead.

Agree. Apart from poor postioing/lapse in concentration from Zemura need the end on the free kick he dealt with spence and Johnson very well. Kelly wasn't impresses with that.

Kelly also played very well I thought, loomed very composed and read the game impeccably.

But so did all the lads. What a night. One to remember.

Hope that the stupid 'Parkerball' term can be dropped. In the last couple of months there have been varied and different approaches and no straightjacket dogma. Matches at Sheffield United, Blackburn, Swansea, Huddersfield, home to Bristol City, Fulham and Forest all different and positive. Effective subs, results when required, team spirit, use of players. Not perfect of course, but job well done.
I was about to post that this is the most sensible thing you've ever posted.

The curse of similar usernames continues....

https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...ts-evangelos-marinakis-7038457?int_source=nba

Murray discusses referee performance

It wasn't just the owner who was reeling after the loss.

Former duo Glenn Murray and Michael Dawson voiced their frustrations with the officiating in the game in what ultimately cost Steve Cooper's side the tie. Talking to Sky Sports, Murray said that the decision to appoint Premier League officials for such a crucial tie who have VAR to 'fall back' on was the wrong move.

Read the full story HERE

Did Murray say such a thing?
So the absolute battering we dished out, 2nd half didn't cost them the match, it was purely down to the officials.
How on Earth did that incident ultimately cost florist the tie! Goodness me. Like thee weren’t another 50 mins of football where anything could happen? I’m afraid that’s hype and a half. The big ‘love in’ sympathy vote for them fails. I actually admire what they’ve achieved but the pure rubbish being spouted there and by their manager and owner along with twits like Dick Furball has turned me off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61280942

ash

14:54
to Mark
"
Forest supporter, still sore from both Good Friday at Luton and last Tuesday, but you're 100% bang on in your assessment.
"
ash replied:
Let's just hope Cooper doesn't repeat his totally made up story about the ref apologising.. total lie! As reported on Sky Sports.
Cooper must be close to copping an FA charge

Last edited:
How on Earth did that incident ultimately cost florist the tie! Goodness me. Like thee weren’t another 50 mins of football where anything could happen? I’m afraid that’s hype and a half. The big ‘love in’ sympathy vote for them fails. I actually admire what they’ve achieved but the pure rubbish being spouted there and by their manager and owner along with twits like Dick Furball has turned me off.

Yeah. I wanted them to get promoted through the play offs but the constant "We have been wronged" is making me lose respect for them and now I'm starting to want Luton to get the third spot.

I was about to post that this is the most sensible thing you've ever posted.

The curse of similar usernames continues....

I think this is my time to eat humble pie or I will forget about it. All the season I've been saying SP must go, and that the reason he won so many early games was that our previous manager trained our lads his particular style and that until SP was able to persuade them to drop what they had been taught, he would be reaping that glory.
QED
I'm like all my friends, absol thrilled to bits and looking forward to the ups and downs of the Premiership season in the best league in the world.
Sorry SP, you're brill.
UTC

I think this is my time to eat humble pie or I will forget about it. All the season I've been saying SP must go, and that the reason he won so many early games was that our previous manager trained our lads his particular style and that until SP was able to persuade them to drop what they had been taught, he would be reaping that glory.
QED
I'm like all my friends, absol thrilled to bits and looking forward to the ups and downs of the Premiership season in the best league in the world.
Sorry SP, you're brill.
UTC
See you in the Prem!

QED
Sorry SP, you're brill.
UTC

it was all going so well......

I know Moore got MOTM for the crucial goal but I thought Smithy was MOTM on Tuesday, lead by example with his experience, made plenty of positive surging runs getting us forward in attack from CB or RCB and defended brilliantly, our longest serving player for a reason and I hope he stays.
Good call.

QED
Sorry SP, you're brill.
UTC
Treat yourself to some fish pie… to celebrate!

;