Tickets for next season

I think there are people who had no points when we got promoted to the PL but have managed to get enough to attend plenty of games in that time. EverHopeful?

my son for a start. he was 3 when we got promoted and thus when he started taking an interest at around aged 6, he had no chance. Through various things he now has enough points to attend most home games. it was a bit of a faff but it was possible.

Although I went to the occasional games during our rise from L2 through to the Championship. I couldn't go to every game due to work commitments (and also we lived further away).
My friends purchased ST's, I think, in the 1st year of the Championship.
Once we relocated and I was more able to go to matches I found it difficult to get a ticket because I had no points. (also we were in the PL by then).
I could always go to a cup game, but cup points don't help you to see league matches. Fortunately I could go to the occasional league game by borrowing tickets from friends / relatives who couldn't go.
As you say, there was one pre-season friendly that I know about that counted as 1 point. I missed out on that. Finally I was able to get that first point for a match in August by calling the Ticket Office at just the right time at 9.00am on a pre-match Friday, there was a reduced demand for tickets due to people being away on holidays.

Yes, getting tickets at precisely 11.00am on a Friday. Happy days.
I have the maximum number of points now. I hope we can go back to matches again soon. If we do fall down the leagues then the small stadium will be no problem .

As you allude to, it wasn’t easy to get that first point and even then, after that, no doubt took effort and organisation. But was possible.

I think the league game you refer to may have been Everton as someone I know with 0 points got one for that match and then got to about 7 or 8 that season.

Fairest way was to go back more than one season but data records wouldn’t have been accurate. Big enough effort getting away points right in 14/15!

I think its unfair that all those who couldn't give a flying f*ck when we were in League 2, League 1 and even the Championship want to start inventing rules to make it easier to get into the better matches.

I just about got a Charlton away ticket that championship season - had to leave home at 5am from London to queue as didn’t want to risk losing out on the telephone queue. Lots of people around me hadn’t been to any away games that season bar reading. Funny didn’t see many of then midweek at derby and forest earlier in the season but all argued they deserved a ticket because of their loyal support. Would have been same situation for Liverpool and Man Utd away in Prem without the points scheme.

I just about got a Charlton away ticket that championship season - had to leave home at 5am from London to queue as didn’t want to risk losing out on the telephone queue. Lots of people around me hadn’t been to any away games that season bar reading. Funny didn’t see many of then midweek at derby and forest earlier in the season but all argued they deserved a ticket because of their loyal support. Would have been same situation for Liverpool and Man Utd away in Prem without the points scheme.
Can't say I went to Derby or Forest that year.

As you allude to, it wasn’t easy to get that first point and even then, after that, no doubt took effort and organisation. But was possible.

I think the league game you refer to may have been Everton as someone I know with 0 points got one for that match and then got to about 7 or 8 that season.

Fairest way was to go back more than one season but data records wouldn’t have been accurate. Big enough effort getting away points right in 14/15!
Actually, it was Cardiff. We won 2-0 I think. Happy days.

It’s going to be weird if we don’t go up not being able to watch every game on tv or live stream next season. First season since the last promotion season where this will be the case.

One way or another most fans have watched every game for awhile now. We now face the fact that unless we pay and go we might not see us at Barnsley or Sheff U next year.

It’s going to be weird if we don’t go up not being able to watch every game on tv or live stream next season. First season since the last promotion season where this will be the case.

One way or another most fans have watched every game for awhile now. We now face the fact that unless we pay and go we might not see us at Barnsley or Sheff U next year.
I don’t understand. How has every game been available and why would they not be in future?

Just had my ST renewal email. Thanks AFCB renew on line. I remember the hassle of last year.

I imagine for ST holders who currently share a season ticket the COVID situation will probably stop people being able to share their seat ....
I have a ST , but share it with my brother as we both can’t attend every game due to work shifts / childcare issues etc .
We pay half each but it’s only my name on it ...
If they start checking for ID each time that would preclude our sharing ...
This for me wouldn't be an issue, because it should be possible to honour these arrangements formally, it's good for the club to have 2 loyal supporters who have this commitment.

The issue would be someone secretly selling on a purchased ticket, so that they are pocketing the points for a game they don't attend. That's what's unfair.

Don’t quite understand what you are trying to say.
Anyone who’s been attending regularly since our league 2 days should have enough points, although I don’t recall when the points system started, if a person was attending then he/she would have enough points.
I’m sure some fans started returning who used to attend regularly and would not of had any points. Can’t blame those who continued to attend and therefore accumulated points.
Your username would suggest you’ve been going a lot longer (old git like me).
Problem is you don't need to attend to get the points, you just need to buy the ticket. There are some that buy tickets to games they can't or don't want to attend, and sell them on (at face value) as if providing a helpful service to mates, but in reality they maintain the status quo of the points system.

;