Time to Lawyer Up!

We’d obviously lose any appeal as you could then start appealing any other incorrect decisions.

There’s also the matter that it happened in the first half. There’s simply no way to prove Villa wouldnt have come back to draw or even win the game. We‘d just look ridiculous and waste a ton of money

In case it wasn’t obvious, I’m not LEGITIMATELY suggesting we sue. I’m upset lol. But it wasn’t technically an incorrect decision, it was a failure of the infrastructure of the game.

We’d obviously lose any appeal as you could then start appealing any other incorrect decisions.

There’s also the matter that it happened in the first half. There’s simply no way to prove Villa wouldnt have come back to draw or even win the game. We‘d just look ridiculous and waste a ton of money

All other decisions are an opinion. There is no legal case. This is black and white, the ball went in the net. There is proof to that.

As I say, I wouldn’t want to go down that route, but equally I genuinely think there would be a case legally if someone wanted to pursue it.

Be interesting to see what would happen

Sheffield United were compensated money wise weren't they after the West Ham saga.

Probably be more high profile had it been for a Champions league spot.

Not that we've been very good anyway.

Today was our best performance since Liverpool which was months ago.

Says a lot.

Also aren't the idiots in charge of interpreting VAR guilty of negligence?

Technically yeah, but what happened is the equivalent of the ref forgetting his cards and being unable to send someone off, or the linesman dropping his flag and not giving an offside haha. It wasn’t just a wrong decision, it was much, much worse.

Tbh they probably should’ve null and voided the game and replayed it, the match wasn’t in a fit state to be played. IMHO of course.

...whatever

So we deserve to go down but Villa who are worse and only surviving because of broken goal line technology deserve to stay up?

Some real intelligence on display today!

There's probably a clause in the Leagues contracts with the clubs that excludes any liability for tech failures relating to goal line tech or VAR

We're down and that is that - I wouldn't want anything to linger over the league position as a legal challenge.

However if there is the possibility of damages/monetary compensation because of this then I hope we go at it with full force.

The precedent is set by Sheffield United, forget how it looks someone will probably have to pay out £10-15m if we actually did go legal. Who knows if we will, don’t really care at the moment.

Although we were poor for about 30 games this season we still would've stayed up if some useless VAR tit had bothered to check that the Sheff Utd goal was in the net. I won't miss VAR but we do deserve compensation for something that was thrown at us that no one really wanted and has ultimately cost us £150m.

The hard bit to prove is had Villa conceded they would’ve thrown the bus at equalising. Unless the incident was in the 94th min, in which case I take this back, legally it’s not got a leg to stand on

I hope we dont get involved in that kind of ****************.

Agreed. We can't blame Hawk Eye. Swings and roundabouts. What about the penalty Spurs should have had against us? We're not victims. We accept fault, move on and fight back. I'm looking forward to the Championship. Time to re-group. Hope enough of the lads stay. Cal needs to go. King has been a trooper but wants to go so let him. Think we should cash in on Lewis Cook because he's not the player he was. Hope we can keep Brooks, Kelly, Stan, Goso, Stace, Dom, Phil and Surridge. Would love Diego to stay but fear he will leave with Brooks.

Eve
There's probably a clause in the Leagues contracts with the clubs that excludes any liability for tech failures relating to goal line tech or VAR

Even if there is such a clause, the goal should have been given by the idiots in charge of interpreting VAR! Do they also get a liability exclusion clause?

The hard bit to prove is had Villa conceded they would’ve thrown the bus at equalising. Unless the incident was in the 94th min, in which case I take this back, legally it’s not got a leg to stand on

Are you legally qualified? If not I'd like to hear a sports lawyer's opinion on this.

;