Time to Lawyer Up!

Sorry if there was any confusion.[/QUOTE]
Well he has missed out on 1 million as a stay up bonus.

BTW that wasn't our club suggestion to take legal action- just from our fans on the forum.

Sorry if there was any confusion.

No I meant he is laughing because they sacked him...he might have saved Watford.

Hope he'd consider coming here if Eddie goes.

I'm surprised you are down with us...
...bad day all round...but its what the PL wanted...I don't think its out of the question that someone had a 'word in Moyes ear to go easy on Villa...to get the smaller clubs down.
The goalkeeper could have stopped Grealishes goal .

Cynical view but thats where I am with the PL. :unsure:

Earlier on in the evening I flicked R5 on to see if there was anything on Boscombe.

Within 10 seconds and over 2 minutes I heard the words Man United said 7 times by Savage....turned the f√cking thing off.. and probably won't tune in now for at least a season unless i know our match is being covered.

Earlier on in the evening I flicked R5 on to see if there was anything on Boscombe.

Within 10 seconds and over 2 minutes I heard the words Man United said 7 times by Savage....turned the f√cking thing off.. and probably won't tune in now for at least a season unless i know our match is being covered.

Look on the bright side.

You can listen to 5 Live from now on and not expect Boscombe to get a mention, so when we do it'll be like the old days; when it was so rare you phoned a mate to tell them we'd got a mention on the radio.

Legally, a court will only find in favour of Bournemouth if they believe the PL has acted dishonestly or in bad faith. If they believe that the PL acted honestly and was making all reasonable and proportionate efforts to get it right, they will not find against them.[/QUOTE]

Are you legally qualified? My question concerns the issue of negligence.

There is certainly a clause that stops clubs from sueing because the referee has made a mistake. If you were to sue and win, and have a result overturned from nine matches ago because the referee made a mistake, then you might collect a large amount of money but you would also end the game of football. Waiting for VAR to decide a goal is bad enough. Waiting for Crown Court to do it would really make the crowd impatient!

Don't anyone fall for the idea that the ref didn't make a mistake. He did. The ref is the ultimate arbiter, and it is his decision to decide whether to award a goal. If his linesman lets him down, or VAR lets him down, or hawkeye lets him down, or his contact lens lets him down, that's all irrelevant. The ref is the only man who makes the decision. And if he gets it wrong, it's tough. But what alternative is there.

Legally, a court will only find in favour of Bournemouth if they believe the PL has acted dishonestly or in bad faith. If they believe that the PL acted honestly and was making all reasonable and proportionate efforts to get it right, they will not find against them.

Are you legally qualified? My question concerns the issue of negligence.

Look on the bright side.

You can listen to 5 Live from now on and not expect Boscombe to get a mention, so when we do it'll be like the old days; when it was so rare you phoned a mate to tell them we'd got a mention on the radio.

And on Talksport their EFL coverage is mainly on TS2.

Or the Moose is wheeled out once in a while.

We will be on Quest - Colin Murray likes to read fan forums for opinions it seems .

Very hard to prove negligence in a computer system that failed once in 9,000 uses. I'm sure Hawkeye doesn't give a cast iron guarantee that this system will never be wrong.

How the hell do you know how hard it would be to prove negligence? It may have failed because someone failed to do something they would have been reasonably expected to do. You've no idea what you're talking about.

Be interesting to see what would happen

Sheffield United were compensated money wise weren't they after the West Ham saga.

Probably be more high profile had it been for a Champions league spot.

Not that we've been very good anyway.

Today was our best performance since Liverpool which was months ago.

Says a lot.

Hopefully we continue to see plenty of you next season Mark. Hopefully a top 6 finish for both of us

Probably just paper talk and no lawyers have been instructed, but the Times are running a story saying we are considering seeking compensation from Hawkeye for their blunder costing us our PL status...

I don't agree with this as it smacks of 'poor loser' to me, but there are two schools of thought here...
1) We were simply not good enough over a season to stay up so this is a pointless road to go down...
2) We actually were good enough to stay up... Just... and a hawk-eye malfunction cheated us of being good enough to stay up... Yes, it was by the smallest of gaps, but if Villa had of lost that game (which you still can't guarantee that they would have done), technically, we would have been good enough to stay up, in 17th spot.

Probably just paper talk and no lawyers have been instructed, but the Times are running a story saying we are considering seeking compensation from Hawkeye for their blunder costing us our PL status...

I don't agree with this as it smacks of 'poor loser' to me, but there are two schools of thought here...
1) We were simply not good enough over a season to stay up so this is a pointless road to go down...
2) We actually were good enough to stay up... Just... and a hawk-eye malfunction cheated us of being good enough to stay up... Yes, it was by the smallest of gaps, but if Villa had of lost that game (which you still can't guarantee that they would have done), technically, we would have been good enough to stay up, in 17th spot.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ing-compensation-claim-costly-hawk-eye-error/

;