Today's Champs games

Swansea seem to be suffering a bit of the Brentford syndrome by struggling to ever get over the line...

Norwich are nailed on for a bonce back and hats off to them... We could do a lot worse than to model ourselves on how that club is run...

For me, the ones to watch will be Barnsley and Reading... Both seem to be on a March up and back up the table, with Watford seemingly hitting their stride as well now...

I worry about our chances of getting into the playoffs as there are too many consistent sides above us...

If Barnsley win tonight (which I fully expect them to), Saturday's game, for me, will be the season defining...

Swansea won't go up. Don't think their fans think they will either tbf. They know they aren't good enough
Watford are not great either. Brentford are decent but like to bottle it at the business end. It’s a poor quality league this year, it’s quite conceivable that a pretty average team could get 2nd place.

If Barnsley win tonight (which I fully expect them to), Saturday's game, for me, will be the season defining...

All our matches from here on in are season-defining. We have to win as many as possible and trust that other teams falter. However, I concur with the vital importance of this match. If we don't beat Barnsley, we will soon be at the stage of 'might as well rebuild for next season.'

Then it is Groundhog Day against Swansea.

If results elsewhere do not go our way, there could be a mountain to climb by the time we entertain Middlesbrough on Good Friday.

The current situation does not look good, but I remain ever hopeful: "It ain't over 'til it's over."

Saturdays match is huge. It’s not only a 6 pointer but should we win then we’ll break Barnsley’s winning/unbeaten run (assuming they also win tonight). Psychologically that would be huge:

All that said, I’d probably put our current chances of making the play offs at around 25-30% at best. The form of our direct rivals is significantly better than us and we have a tough run in. I hope I’m proved wrong but if gun to the head I’d predict an 8th placed finish right now.

Blackburn does us a favour, 1-1 with Swansea. F-n Swans sure get a lot of penalty calls.

Hopefully Derby can do the same tomorrow re: Barnsley.
Not sure it really did us a favour tbh.......we don't have to worry about Swansea unless we meet them in the play off's.......Barnsley....Cardiff and Reading are the only results we need to pay attention to now.

0-0 in the Barnsley game at half time ,,,,,so far so good......bloody awful game in fairness......conditions not helping although Derby seem scared to death of the Barnsley press.....just hoofing everything long.

Christ that was a terrible game of football......hopefully that has put the brakes on Barnsleys run......we just need to win on Saturday now and we're back in the top 6.....it's going to be interesting to see how Woodgate approaches the game.

;