Today's Champs games

Dare I say it but we seem to play better against teams that try and attack like Barnsley do.
We never ever play well against teams that sit in which is 75% of this league

Yep..go on underestimate Swansea..just what we need ! Ffs !

And lil' itsy bitsy, teeny weeny Barnsley are on tonight...they won't have a clue when they turns up knackered on Saturday...against our fit and ready PL All-stars..Ffs!

Spoken like a true Cherry!
Reckon we know what's coming ;three games in 8 days v. side that's had a week off from playing a game!!!!!

Watford are not great either. Brentford are decent but like to bottle it at the business end. It’s a poor quality league this year, it’s quite conceivable that a pretty average team could get 2nd place.
To be fair the points tally is likely to be higher this year than other years. My money would be on Watford to get an automatic spot alongside Norwich. Norwich and Watford have picked up the joint most points in the league in 2021. Watford have won 6 of their last 7 matches and have the best defence in the league and picked up the most points at home in English football.

Last edited:
My money would be on Watford to get an automatic spot alongside Norwich. Norwich and Watford have picked up the joint most points in the league in 2021. Watford have won 6 of their last 7 matches and have the best defence in the league and picked up the most points at home in English football.
They have been very good recently that's true. But!
Cardiff this weekend, then a couple of soft games, then Boro, Reading, Norwich, Brentford and Swans in their final 7 games. Either they will come back to the pack or they will do us some massive favours.

To be fair the points tally is likely to be higher this year than other years. My money would be on Watford to get an automatic spot alongside Norwich. Norwich and Watford have picked up the joint most points in the league in 2021. Watford have won 6 of their last 7 matches and have the best defence in the league and picked up the most points at home in English football.

Remind me again, who did Watford lost to? :)

I can imagine other fans forums saying Bournemouth have got their act together, 7 points in 9, and is a team to beware.

I've just checked oddschecker and four bookmakers have us at odds on to finish in the top 6. Although this is confounded by their profit margin as 6 other teams have better odds (you can't bet on Norwich)

Championship Top 6 Finish Betting Odds | Football | Oddschecker

A good result against Barnsley and those odds will change. I'm keeping the faith that we will make the play-offs although I suspect it will go down to the wire whatever.

A good result against Barnsley and those odds will change. I'm keeping the faith that we will make the play-offs although I suspect it will go down to the wire whatever.
Fun, if scarily reminiscent of last year. Would just hope that our fate is in our own hands come game 46.

Remind me again, who did Watford lost to? :)

I can imagine other fans forums saying Bournemouth have got their act together, 7 points in 9, and is a team to beware.

I've just checked oddschecker and four bookmakers have us at odds on to finish in the top 6. Although this is confounded by their profit margin as 6 other teams have better odds (you can't bet on Norwich)

Championship Top 6 Finish Betting Odds | Football | Oddschecker

Its not really the point though is it? They have took 18 out of 21 and as I said the joint most in the league since the new manager come in. 7 points out of 9 is good but it is not magnificent we need to be more consistent, Barnsley have taken 19 out of the last 21. I think this is more of an indicator of where we are not. We are not consistent enough I genuinely don't see us being able to put that sort of run together, our best hope is that Barnsley can't keep it up and Baardiff run out of legs. Saturdays game is massive for us we could be five points behind 6th spot and we have Swansea in midweek and Barnsley play Wycombe.

Last edited:
Yet again a penalty decides the game, this time in favour of Brentford at Blackburn.

Blackburn also had a penalty appeal turned down.

Its been mentioned about Brentford, Swansea and Watford getting late goals, penalties..1 - 0 wins etc.

If we had done similar in just 6 of of our 11 draws...we would now be on 68 points!

Its not really the point though is it? They have took 18 out of 21 and as I said the joint most in the league since the new manager come in. 7 points out of 9 is good but it is not magnificent we need to be more consistent, Barnsley have taken 19 out of the last 21. I think this is more of an indicator of where we are not. We are not consistent enough I genuinely don't see us being able to put that sort of run together, our best hope is that Barnsley can't keep it up and Baardiff run out of legs. Saturdays game is massive for us we could be five points behind 6th spot and we have Swansea in midweek and Barnsley play Wycombe.
Are you related to cherrybright?

Its what WE DO...not about refs decisions in other games...
and we are not going to be presented with a gynormous f√ cking great Chocolate Cake the size of the Maracana Stadium and be given penalties every week because we were a PL side last season.
Jesus Christ...
..this Forum...sometimes I despair.
We have to EARN the Victories...and the passage back to the PL..
How Much we Paid for the Buggers is not a factor that cuts through semolina...let alone Ice!

;